Skip to content

General

118 results found

1. Deleting a bill

Only the creator should be allowed to delete the bill and not the share holder.

Also on a seperate note i started using app with USD and then changed the currency to INR but people i started with in still have USD next to them instead of INR

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi Vishal,

We do want to give people confidence that their bills have not been deleted, so in the user settings we have an “email me anytime someone updated / edits / deletes a bill.” We plan to change the default setting to alert you anytime a bill you created is deleted, which I think should give you some more confidence.

We strongly believe anyone should be able to delete a bill in order to help correct mistakes and make things simple and complexity-free.

The currency issue you are referring to can also be fixed in user settings – there is a button on the website that allows you to convert all expenses you have so far into your default currency (it just sets the currency code, it doesn’t do any currency exchange.)

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Jon

2. Update and universal

Update Plates and make both universally available for iOS and macOS.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we don’t have the resources right now to expand Plates to other platforms, but we hope to make some updates to the iPhone app in the future!

-Novall

3. Optimize app speed

In the past the app was lightning quick. After several updates with recent big UI changes everything is less responsive and more sluggish (at least for my 5S and my wife's 5). It can be very annoying to wait few seconds for new expense window to appear or to see how app reacts to touch with 1-2 seconds delay.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We are planning to do this. I’m declining it only because there’s not a specific thing that we can check off here. “App should be faster” doesn’t give us a good guide on when we’ve completed the task, even though that’s what you want. We’re aware the current version is sluggish on some transitions.

Marshall

4. Hi, do we have an option to export as spreadsheet monthwise?

Since we calculate expenses monthwise, this will give a good overview of expenses incurred every month. Also it's easy to calculate if amongst number of people.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have export to spreadsheet that does the whole time period for the account. This would be pretty simple to split into months in excel or something similar. We also have (in groups on the web only) a PDF summary for each month that you can export from the expense list.

Marshall

5. Remove contact list in individual expenses

It would be great if adding friend to an expense an option rather than the first thing you see for "non-group expenses" given that this category is for personal expenses.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Non-group expenses is actually intended for expenses with friends that are not included in a group (many people split expenses without using groups). If you’re just tracking your own expenses, I would recommend creating a group called Personal with yourself as the only member and track the expenses in there.

Marshall

6. Payment split

It would be logical, if remainder of the division would go to person, who enters expense. Now it goes randomly

In example: person 1 enters expense 17,47 and splits it on 3 parts. Then person 1 should share 5,83 and other 2 persons 5,82 each. Now this 5,83 can go to anyone :)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We used to do it that way, but got a lot of complaints because it’s unfair if there’s one person in a group who pays for a lot of expenses. Randomly assigning the extra pennies is the only way to be fair in the long run.

Marshall

7. Ask to update the total when the sum is different when splitting unequally.

When we go to lunch we always split the bill unequally. The problem is, the time I enter the amount of each person I don't know the total amount to pay. This forces us to calculate the total amount first then entering the amount for each person. It would be very handy for us that the application to ask updating the total if the sum does not match instead of refusing to save.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

I’m not sure if this is applicable as a use case for Splitwise. Splitwise is designed for people who want to “split” a shared expense, which assumes the existence of a single expense that must be broken down into shares that each person owes.

Are you getting separate cheques at lunch and then adding them up? If that is the case then you should probably be adding those as separate expenses.

I’d love to hear more about what your exact use case is.

8. Pin/Star a particular expense for quick reference

Pin/star a particular expense which can be accessed quickly for reference later something similar to the whatsapp star message feautre.

This pinned/star expense can be accessible either specific to the group or universally on homepage.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We support recurring bills on the phone – just tap the date when adding a new bill, and you’ll see options to make that bill recur.

For payments, though, we decided not to include recurring options. When someone settles up on Splitwise, we want to make sure it’s because they took conscious action and actually settled up, not because something repeated automatically.

10. Ability to send a splitwise contact to others

You've been there before! Someone in the group pays the bill for the furst time but doesn't have the details of all othe other members. This would help to quickly send and receive contacts and add them as friend.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Great idea, too many taps

Hello,

I finally found a good looking, good features' IOU app and I have to thank you. I also want to give some feedback from the few minutes I've played with it.

One has to tap to much and I feel that in these kind of things, that's not good because it starts to feel like a chore. For instance, when settling a debt a swipe should be enough.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, I don’t think we’re going to add itemized bill splitting to our mobile apps in the near future. Itemized bills aren’t a very frequently used feature on our website, and we haven’t found a good design yet for itemized splits on mobile. (Itemized bills usually require a large amount of typing and lots of checkboxes, and neither of those two things works very well on a smartphone screen.) I’m very sorry for the trouble!

13. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Have number as first field, not description

I often times have a number in my head that I'm trying to remember so I'd rather have this field highlight first when I enter an expense. Then description. Otherwise I switch in a panic trying to remember the number ha I have a bad memory

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So sorry for the trouble! We actually tested this out a lot the last time we redesigned our apps – you’re definitely not the only person who wants to enter the cost first, but we found that most people do want to enter a description before they enter a cost. I don’t think we’re likely to switch the order at this point, as it would probably throw off a lot of our old users. My apologies for the inconvenience!

15. Comment

It will be better if we can upload a picture of bill in comment section. So that anyone from group can cross check if he/she want. It actually needed when u r not that much familiar with your friend ( new friend or classmates ).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. A better logo !!

I love the app, but as a graphic designer, I am a bit disturb by the icon of the app. You should draw it on a new perfect grid, find one single typography for everything, and maybe use a more shinny green...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

I’m very sorry you don’t like it! I don’t think we’re likely to change our logo or core design in the near future – we’re still pretty happy with our colors/font/etc, and right now we’re more concerned with building new features and fixing bugs.

If there are specific screens or UI elements that seem wrong to you, feel free to let us know at support@splitwise.com. Otherwise, my apologies for any eye sores!

17. to let people synchronize without internet connectivity

A pretty common usecase for splitwise is people being on vacation together. But data roaming charges are still excessive in many case, so it would be nice if you could synchronize between devices without internet connectivity - e.g. via Ad-Hoc Wifi connections, Bluetooth or NFC.

Of course this would require some kind of initial pairing, but that could be easily done with QR codes to be scanned or when all members of the group have internet connectivity.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This would definitely be cool, but it’d also take significant engineering effort, so we’re not likely to add ad-hoc syncing as a feature in the near future.

We do support offline mode in our iPhone app, and offline mode should be coming to Android next month. In those cases, the app allows you to add expenses locally on your phone, then syncs them back to the server the next time you have an internet connection. We think that should be enough for most use cases.

18. PayPal payment issue

I have settled payment through PayPal . But transaction fee didn't mention when I did payment. The transaction amount has been debited from my card. When making Payment please show up the split up of bills. Because of this I lost around 6 dollars.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we do not control the fees or the way the interface works when you make a PayPal payment. These are both handled by PayPal and not something we can change. We do have a generic warning about fees on the payment option page, but can’t tell if you’re going to have any or not.

Marshall

19. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I assume you’re talking about the “Simplify debts” feature that’s on the account settings page on our website? If so, I’m afraid we don’t currently have any plans to bring that feature to mobile – it’s an infrequently used feature, and we’ve found that it often confuses people, so we no longer emphasize it to users. Apologies for the inconvenience!

20. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! PayPal doesn’t currently allow us to make payments outside of the US, so I’m afraid we’re unable to offer this feature right now. We hope this will change in the future!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base