Skip to content

General

118 results found

1. A better logo !!

I love the app, but as a graphic designer, I am a bit disturb by the icon of the app. You should draw it on a new perfect grid, find one single typography for everything, and maybe use a more shinny green...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

I’m very sorry you don’t like it! I don’t think we’re likely to change our logo or core design in the near future – we’re still pretty happy with our colors/font/etc, and right now we’re more concerned with building new features and fixing bugs.

If there are specific screens or UI elements that seem wrong to you, feel free to let us know at support@splitwise.com. Otherwise, my apologies for any eye sores!

2. I can see the uploaded images for an expense that I previously added

I can see the uploaded images for an expense that I previously added. Wouldn't it make more sense if this option should be like a basic thing like a part CRUD operations

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep track of personal expenses while in the group

When I am on a road trip with friends I may log expenses for myself to see the total cost of the trip (or my share). Even though app allows to do that, people freak out when see such transactions in their summary (with a total cost 0.00 for other group participants). It would be nice if such expenses do not show up in printable summary for the participant that are not involved, or hide those "you paid for yourself" transactions for other members of the group.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately, I don’t think we’re likely to add a feature like this – we generally like for all group members to be able to see all bills, even the ones they’re not involved in, because it often helps people to find and catch mistakes. For now, you may want to create a separate group for your personal expenses and save items there, which should still allow you to keep track of your totals (though you’ll still have to add those totals to the main group’s totals in order to get a picture of all total spending).

4. Be owed money but not specify who owes it

In my group, I bought something so the group owes me money, but I don't want to assign amounts to people in the group - I just want to notify everyone that I spent money and would like to be reimbursed (reimbursement would be up to them to figure out)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

One of the fundamental philosophies of Splitwise is that you should always be able to add up all the expenses and figure out why you owe what you owe. If we add some kind of nebulous non-owed debt, this stops being true.

Marshall

5. PayPal payment issue

I have settled payment through PayPal . But transaction fee didn't mention when I did payment. The transaction amount has been debited from my card. When making Payment please show up the split up of bills. Because of this I lost around 6 dollars.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, we do not control the fees or the way the interface works when you make a PayPal payment. These are both handled by PayPal and not something we can change. We do have a generic warning about fees on the payment option page, but can’t tell if you’re going to have any or not.

Marshall

6. Dashboard friends order change

First Show ppl with debits/credits alphabetically then show ppl with settled debits alphabetically.
    Sometimes our list goes big and we have scroll down a lot to see ppl with debits or credits

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We don’t plan to change the ordering on that screen, but you should be able to show people you owe and owe you by tapping on the header of the friends list on mobile.

Marshall

7. Have number as first field, not description

I often times have a number in my head that I'm trying to remember so I'd rather have this field highlight first when I enter an expense. Then description. Otherwise I switch in a panic trying to remember the number ha I have a bad memory

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

So sorry for the trouble! We actually tested this out a lot the last time we redesigned our apps – you’re definitely not the only person who wants to enter the cost first, but we found that most people do want to enter a description before they enter a cost. I don’t think we’re likely to switch the order at this point, as it would probably throw off a lot of our old users. My apologies for the inconvenience!

8. expenses should shown under respective dates

expense in group should shown under their respective dates

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! I’m unclear exactly what your suggestion is – would you like us to show the date next to each individual expense in our mobile apps? If so, I’m afraid we probably won’t be making that change. We’ve tried several different designs that included the date for each item, but we ultimately decided that it takes up too much room on small mobile screens, and we found in our testing that the large majority of Splitwise users don’t use the dates on expenses very much. However, you can still see a date next to each expense by logging into your account on our website.

If I’ve misunderstood your request, my apologies! Just leave a comment and I’d be happy to pass on any other feedback you have.

9. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Optimize app speed

In the past the app was lightning quick. After several updates with recent big UI changes everything is less responsive and more sluggish (at least for my 5S and my wife's 5). It can be very annoying to wait few seconds for new expense window to appear or to see how app reacts to touch with 1-2 seconds delay.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We are planning to do this. I’m declining it only because there’s not a specific thing that we can check off here. “App should be faster” doesn’t give us a good guide on when we’ve completed the task, even though that’s what you want. We’re aware the current version is sluggish on some transitions.

Marshall

11. Ability to send a splitwise contact to others

You've been there before! Someone in the group pays the bill for the furst time but doesn't have the details of all othe other members. This would help to quickly send and receive contacts and add them as friend.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi, do we have an option to export as spreadsheet monthwise?

Since we calculate expenses monthwise, this will give a good overview of expenses incurred every month. Also it's easy to calculate if amongst number of people.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have export to spreadsheet that does the whole time period for the account. This would be pretty simple to split into months in excel or something similar. We also have (in groups on the web only) a PDF summary for each month that you can export from the expense list.

Marshall

13. Great idea, too many taps

Hello,

I finally found a good looking, good features' IOU app and I have to thank you. I also want to give some feedback from the few minutes I've played with it.

One has to tap to much and I feel that in these kind of things, that's not good because it starts to feel like a chore. For instance, when settling a debt a swipe should be enough.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We support recurring bills on the phone – just tap the date when adding a new bill, and you’ll see options to make that bill recur.

For payments, though, we decided not to include recurring options. When someone settles up on Splitwise, we want to make sure it’s because they took conscious action and actually settled up, not because something repeated automatically.

15. email notifications

Please stop forcing me to send emails to people when I want to track who I owe money to. The fact that I MUST send an email to someone before I can track something is invasive. You have a great app, but that part is a show stopper. Dont' MAKE people send emails. The fact that I track who I owe money to using an app on my iphone should be my choice to share, not a pre-req.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise is, at it’s core, a communication and fairness tool, not a private ledger. If you really want to keep a private ledger, add a group with your self and another person and simply leave the email blank when you add the other person.

Marshall

16. Kill the Hamburger Menu

I would like to see a better navigation method than a side menu. There is a ton of resources out there explaining why it's a bad idea to do it this way. I also think in the case of Splitwise it makes the app a little bit confusing, partially, because it contains redundant information (friend list).
    For iOS at least you could go with a tab bar or maybe do it completely hierarchical.
    I know this sounds like a minor thing and a matter of taste. But I do care about good interfaces and using an app is about how…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The reason a hamburger menu is bad is because a) people don’t know what it is and b) it’s slow to use if you need it. The current design of the app is based on our most common use patterns and in those cases, the only thing you need the hamburger for are notifications – which should really be badging specific people and items anyways.

Try using the app without ever hitting the hamburger menu and let us know what feels like is missing (beyond notifications). The core home screen is actually designed to give complete access to just about everything.

I’m declining it because this ticket isn’t quite specific enough to be actionable on our end. I’m very happy to hear feedback like “I was trying to accomplish X and it felt really hard to do”. I don’t know what you would consider better in this case. I could…

17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Yazz,

This seems way out of scope for us. We generally expect people to put in the total amount after tax for expenses. Where would we use the tax?

Marshall

18. Household items/toiletries/cleaners expense and food share.

When one of the roommates purchases food or common household items like cleaners or paper towels or is constantly the one replacing these type of items; it would be nice to see a way to calculate their usage in order to properly pay for the necessities. I don't see that one person should be responsible for always buying these if they aren't the only one to use them. I had an issue a while back with a roommate not buying toilet paper because she said that she rarely was home and didn't think she used enough to really supply the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We have a couple of ideas similar to this, but it sounds like the fundamental issue is your roommate disagreeing about usage. It doesn’t seem like asking them to track usage is going to be very successful. If you get them to agree to a fair share ahead of time, we have the ability to split by percent and shares, which should work in that case.

Marshall

19. WP8 client tip calc whole $

Tip.calc needs to show whole number and calc based on that. Currently the slider moves through unknown % for a given tip.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. paym integration

curious if paym integration is in the works, would remove some friction when paying colleagues. Awesome service!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base