118 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t currently plan to make groups publicly visible/searchable, but you CAN share a public link to join your group if you’d like. You can get a “group share” link by opening the group settings page on our website. (We hope to add this feature to our mobile apps in the near future, too!)

2. Allow to choose bill mailing date

We have an apartment group where we settle our bills on 7th or 8th of every month. Currently we receive a mail for month's balance at the start of each month. It'd be helpful if we have a settings to change this to any desired date of each month.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I see how this would be nice to have, but unfortunately this is not something we can add to our current infrastructure and it’s not something we’re likely to be able to change.

Marshall

3. I've got a few groups active on the app, some of which have common members (but not exclusively). is it possible to create a 'supergroup'

the supergroup could select multiple groups and therefore combine the expenses across common members. settlement via the supergroup could then be used to wipe out debts from a certain member or group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely see the advantages of a feature like this, but we’ve experimented with some similar things before, and ultimately decided that they introduce too much confusion without adding enough benefits. Unfortunately, I don’t think we’re likely to add the ability to bundle multiple groups together for debt simplification and other purposes.

4. Allow multiple ways of calculating unequal splitting and multiple payers

For example,
    In a meal for 4 people totally $60, person A ordered a drink for $14
    Then everything else is split equally between 4 people
    But person B is paying for themselves and person C

So ideally I would be able to use the +/- function for person A
    Person A +$14
    ($44 left)
    Then use the shares function for
    Person A shares 1 ($11)
    Person B shares 2 ($22)
    Person D shares 1 ($11)

So ideally it could be done in one step
    Person A +$14, share 1 ($25)
    Person B shares 2 ($22)
    Person C shares 1…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Random name selector

In many occasions, there would be a need to get things from shop, pay bill and many other activities in bachelors life. Since this app is extensively used by bachelors, random name selector will pick random name from the group and he/she will be assigned to the activity which is in need.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. Core Splitwise is focused primarily on splitting expenses, so we don’t have plans to add features that are outside of tracking bills. Sorry about that!

6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. I’m not sure what you mean. Group expenses are separated by month but you should be able to see every group bill by scrolling, not just group bills from the last 1-2 months. If you’re having a problem with this please email support@splitwise.com? Thanks

7. enable audio attachments in addition to receipts

We have a swear jar set up, so each time the other person swears you add a dollar to the swear jar group. per swear there's a comment for context, it'd be swell if you could attach audio recordings.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ordering Bills

I believe it makes sense to have bills manually sorted by participants in Group. Doing so, it will be easier to arrange items sorted so that people in Group will easily memorize expenses in historical order.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Bills are sorted by the date of the bill. You should be able to change the date when you add or edit the expense, which should let people keeps things in historical order.

Marshall

9. New terms to be added like lent, paid off, etc.

Usually on trips, I lend some money to one of the group partner and I always settle by adjusting the amount in rent as he's the one who pays the rent and bills. Most of the time, the settled up statement says that "X paid Y $100" though it's more like "X paid off Y $100". It may sound silly but it's bit more clear.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the inconvenience. Splitwise was down for several hours earlier this week due to the Amazon S3 outage that affected many services including Quora, IFTTT, and Trello.

If we ever experience an outage again you can get up to date info via our Twitter page (@splitwise).

11. Add upgrade possibility from free app

Several friends have asked me how to upgrade their free apps so they can handle currencies. It is hard for app only users to find out that they have to go to the web for this.
    Add an upgrade button in the free version.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

So sorry for the trouble! Splitwise Pro is currently a patronage program – it is for people who like to support us and our development, and the small added features are an extra benefit. By far, most users do not need the advanced features that Splitwise Pro users get, so we choose not to advertise it or make it available in the app.

12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add privacy options for payments. for eg: if a group contains A, B & C. a split is added between A&B then C shouldnt be able to see it.

this checkbox option can be made optional while adding the bill, the payer can check the checkbox if he feels 'not involved' users need not see the split. this will save unnecessary temporary duplicate groups.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we don’t have plans to support custom privacy settings like this on an expense-by-expense basis, as we think it makes it too complicated to understand who has access to what.

If you’d like to add a single expense that is only visible to the people participating directly in the expense, then you should try adding a “non-group” expense, which does not belong to any particular group. These expenses are only visible to the people involved. Non-group expenses are intended as a way to add expenses and payments with lots of random people, without needing to create a new group every time.

14. Include 'settled up' status updates in the group timeline. e.g. 'user xxxx is settled up as of xx/xx/xxxx'

Sometimes in the group activity, if there are multiple people (for example roommates) paying a single renter in the same house, the list of payments and bills can get pretty confusing. And when cash payments are recorded instead of the in-app payment system, it's not always easy to determine (or prove) that a user was all paid up before the latest bills were added. so if, in the timeline of activity, when a user makes payment in full and is considered 'settled up', it would be nice to have it reflected in that same timeline WITH a date stamp. this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, thanks for the feedback! We do need to do a better of explaining why you owe what you owe. We have some other ideas for explaining where your totals are coming from that should help with this problem, but I’m not sure when they will be available.

15. Make payment from screen that appears immediately after clicking on push notification

My workflow with Splitwise is usually as follows:

1. My roommate adds an expense and bills me
    2. I get a push notification of what I owe
    3. I click on the notification and splitwise opens

From the screen that opens, it'd be great to be able to have a 'Pay with Venmo' option right there, as it's what I want to do almost 100% of the time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing in with this interesting idea! I can see how this would be useful for you. Most of our users don’t pay after every expense is added, so I think this might end up causing frustration/confusion for the majority of our users.

16. Add face mapping filters on people's pictures

Add snapchat like filters on people's faces depending on who owes money and who is owed money to add more fun to the transaction experience.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add geotagging!

It would be awesome to have geotagged expense entries!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting feature but it would take a good deal of work and wouldn’t be utilized for the vast majority of users. Geographic information can be added to the notes field for each expense.

18. Option of DISABLE HIDDEN SETTLED BILLS!

Have the option for showing or hidding settled bills so they appear without having to click on "Show Settled Bills".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base