Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. Make "Add a Bill" a floating action button

Currently, if I'm scrolling through old transactions and want to add a bill, I have to scroll back up to the top of the page to hit the "Add a Bill" button. If this were a FAB I could add a transaction from anywhere in the history.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Give an easy way to type shop names / descriptions

I tend to use Description to enter the shop name, or service provider for the bill. This means that I tend to have several bills over time for the same shop / provider, eg. for household builds, local shops, etc.
    It would be nice if 1) either I could enter a shop name separate from description and/or 2) have an auto-complete on shop name and/or description based on previously entered expenses. That would speed things up even more!!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Auto-complete is one of those things that we’ve wanted to do for a while, but never found the time to actually implement – it’s definitely something we’re considering for the future, though. I’ll pass on your thoughts about a separate “shop name” field, as well :)

3. Sorting on Expenses

Splitwise is an amazing website..Congratulation on building such a wonderful tool. .. I think you can add sorting on columns like person who paid expenses.. Sorting on expenses description and on other columns.. this helps when lot of people are involved in the group.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the details, Jitendra! I’ll pass on your suggestion. For now, you could try exporting your group to a spreadsheet, which would let you do some custom sorting. If you’d like to export to spreadsheet, just open your group page, then click the “Settings” icon at the top of the right sidebar and choose “Export as spreadsheet”. Hope that helps!

4. UI design tweak - "Are you sure?" confirmation popup before discarding yet-to-be-added bills.

I click "Add a bill", start filling up the details. I accidentally click "Esc", which discards the popup in its entirety with all the details I filled (especially sad when this happens for Itemized bills).

A simple popup "This bill hasn't been added yet, are you sure you want to discard?" would be a much loved (at least by me :))

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Oh no, sorry for the trouble! I can definitely see how this would prevent some accidents :) I’ll add it to our list of possible web improvements – I don’t think we’re planning much web work in the very near future, but hopefully soon!

5. Change the Settle All balances

Team,
    The option of "Settle All balances" seems to be confusing, instead of this, can we not record a cash payment. Alternatively, this option should be read only since it is automated. We have also noticed that this is getting added automated when we record a cash payment but doesnt get deleted when we delete the cash payment.
    Looking forward to hear back from you.
    Thanks,
    Anuj

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We do plan to improve this feature at some point. We will most likely not make it read only (adding things you can’t edit or delete is rarely a good thing). You can currently record a cash payment and avoid this. To do so, you must record a payment separately in each group you owe money in instead of making one payment for everything.

Marshall

6. Itemized Bills on mobile

Please add the itemized split feature to iOS.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. Easy switching for who is paying who when settling up

I tend to lend money to my friends and use settle up option to record cash payments and keep a track of who owes what. When clicking settling up, it'd show from and to depending on who owes who (which is fine).

What I think will help is an option to switch it (probably by clicking the arrow). As of now, I've to manually select it by clicking on the names and re-selecting it.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  8. Average balance of a user

Add a stat which shows a user's average balance. This will actually imply monetary behaviour of a user over a period of time (and hence his generosity or lack of it). It's an easy to implement and yet cool feature.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea! We definitely like encouraging people to be responsible about paying each other back :) We’ve also considered a graph of your total balance over time, which would accomplish some similar things. We’re a bit tied up with Android work at the moment, but I’ll add this to our list of possible future improvements.

9. sync with Tripit

retrieve trip data, people traveling and booked/payed plans from the tripit platform. this will reduce the effort of setting up a new splitwise trip a lot.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the interesting and new idea! We are generally cautious adding new integrations but if this becomes a popular request we will review the feasibility in more detail.

Best,
    Jon

10. Support non-US date formats

Hi,

Can I suggest you add support for non-USA date formats. Only the USA uses MM/DD/YYYY (^1), so it would be nice to be able to choose to show dates as YYYY-MM-DD and DD-MM-YYYY as well. Ditto for the first day of the week being Sunday in the calendar: the international standards have Monday as the first day of the week.

Thanks,
    Pete

1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. enable a user that he can export a list of expenses as PDF

As a user I want to be able to export my expenses (all expenses, only expenses with a certain person or [especially] expenses from one trip) as a PDF file so that I can use this PDF as base for settling up with others (especially after a trip).
    For me as a user this really helps me to have a kind of "proof" that someone ows me money. Especially for trips where I suggest friends to use splitwise the first time, they might not be fully convinved yet and want to calculate on their own if the costs on splitwise…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Makes sense! We actually have an export-to-spreadsheet for individual friends and groups already (on web only). If you click the settings/gear icon at the top of the right-hand column, you should see an option to “Export as spreadsheet”.

We’d definitely like to add a better, more human-readable version in the future, either as a PDF or just a printable webpage. Right now we’re more focused on Android and a few other things, but hopefully we’ll get around to it before too long!

12. Allow Deposits to be maintained.

Eg. If A and B paid 2500 and 1500 for Deposit (of anything) and B takes back the entire 4000, Then B owes A - 2500.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You have a typo in your German Ad-Blocker text :)

Wrong text: "Bitte unterstütze Splitwise, indem du deinen Freunden on uns erzählst!"

Correct text: "Bitte unterstütze Splitwise, indem du deinen Freunden von uns erzählst!"

("on" should be "von")

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  14. Sort/Filter by Currency

It would be great if we can filter the expenses by currency. If not then sort by currency is desirable. This would immensely help in managing the expenses with same currency

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you might want to try exporting as a spreadsheet (go to a friend/group, then click the settings icon at the top of the right column and choose “Export as spreadsheet”). You’ll then be able to sort or filter bills as you wish in Excel, Google Drive, or any other spreadsheet program.

15. Allow select/deselect all in the simplify page

In the simplify option in settings, since there are a lot of check boxes, and I usually select all of them, it would be nice if there was a select all option.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Splitwise travel calculator. More than 14 days please!

Just add a few more days to make the calculator more usable.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. Adjust bar length in dashboard according to currency rates

I currently have both Dollars and Korean Wons in my Dashboard. Sadly, the bars of the dollar amounts are tiny, since they are overwhelmed by the 20,000 Wons. Interestingly enough, 20,000 Wons are just $20. You should do currency conversion and adjust the sizes accordingly.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry about this! We know the dashboard bar graph isn’t that great if you use multiple currencies – improving that is on our to-do list, but not very high priority, since very few of our users use multiple currencies. Still, we hope to update it at some point!

18. View detailed "who owes who" in printable summary.

Sometimes (if someone doesn't use splitwise) you should at least mail/copy/give them all information about the calculation so it would be great to provide the simplified amounts of the entire group like displayed in the web (view full details) and app (in balances).

This could also be helpful in the mail reminders optionally.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can definitely see why that would be useful :) I’ll pass on your suggestion at our next team meeting, and see if we can add it to our to-do list.

19. Make reimbursements look different than charges

I got a rewards credit on my credit card statement, and since it was for joint charges, i wanted to split that extra $25 with him - aka he now owes me $12.50 less than before and I owe him $12.50 less. But nothing after the "create bill" screen makes the bill look like a credit and I'm having to do math manually to make sure it worked. Perhaps if reimbursements looked different than negative bills it would be easier to track these?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the confusion! You’re definitely right that reimbursements aren’t presented very well…they’re a pretty rarely used feature, so we haven’t had a chance to give them much love yet. I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements for future updates – until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

20. Show historical who owes whom what data

I'd like to be able to prove to my roommates that the numbers on Splitwise reflect an accurate picture of how much we owe each other. Typically there is a point in time at which we all agree that the numbers were correct on splitwise (e.g. right before a new person joins the group, right before a big purchase, etc.), but we're less confident that everything's been entered since that point. So I'd like to be able to click a transaction in the list, and then click "Show me what the numbers looked like right after this item posted". Then…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I definitely sympathize – piecing together why someone owes what they owe can be really difficult, especially when it involves lots of old expenses. I’ll pass on the suggestion, but for now, if you’re using a group, you might want to try the “view printable summary” option on our website (which you can find by going to a group, then clicking the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month’s expenses). The printable summary gives you a basic version of your suggested feature: it shows your balance at the beginning of a month, then each individual expense for the month, and then your balance at the end of the month.

If you like Excel, you could also try the “Export to spreadsheet” option on the web (select a group, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, then choose “Export as spreadsheet”). It’s not…

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base