Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. update pdf summaries of the months

the pdf summaries don't include rollover payments from previous months (if my roommates still owe me money last month it won't show effectively when looking at the pdf this month). also it says i owe my roommate when she actually paid me back for things she owes me for. the site is great, but if i ever needed to print out the pdf it would be all wrong.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow a bill to send email notification to all involved

I see that you don't want to spam by enabling email notifications by default, but what if you allow the bill creator to check a box saying "notify all involved in this bill," and when you send the email, say "User X asked us to send this to you" (or something to that effect).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

This a decent suggestion – I’ll pass it on, though I’m not sure it’ll get on the roadmap in the near future. We tend to err on the side of caution, because when we send emails without users’ permission, we often get flagged as spam or have to deal with angry replies :( But this makes sense, and would definitely be useful.

3. Debt Balancing

Debt simplification is awesome, but can get out of hand when people don't pay back their debts as the money can end up getting funneled to one person.

For example:
    In our situation we have a group for our apartment. We take advantage of splitwise so that people can easily buy things for other people and know its covered. We also have a recurring payment for rent which is paid by to one person (A) who then pays the bill itself. At the end of each month if everyone zeros out it's perfect. However if someone (B) comes up short…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve generally been careful not to add more features to debt simplification, since it already confuses a lot of people, but I’ll pass on this suggestion and see what the team thinks. Thanks for the idea!

4. to give a added feature of getting monthly expence made by each person after or before the settlement.

this features helps us to track our monthly expenses individually. And also the group expenses spent monthly. That is if I add a bill the flow should go on as it is working now additionally there should be extra feature which keeps individual expenses which should be highlighted in our profile. And after settlements also it should get adjusted automatically then individual person can know how much he has spent for a month. For example :
    in a group of 3, all will be adding there bills but there is be no indication of individual expense, so by adding this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Attachments

Allow downloading of attachments on the web version along with the excel file

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make "Simplify Debts" not hidden under "advanced options" on the group creation page

Currently, on the new group creation page (splitwise.com/groups/new), you must click "advanced options" before seeing the "Simplify Debts" toggle. Because it's not readily visible, I've seen several fellow users forget to turn simplify on when they meant to.

Also, it seems a bit redundant to have an advanced options link since the simplify toggle is currently the only option.

I understand why simplify is buried in the settings after the group is created (to prevent members from toggling too frequently and confusing the rest of the group), but it doesn't seem this is an issue during the creation phase.

If…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Ian – thanks for the feedback! I definitely understand where you’re coming from, though figuring out how much to prioritize “simplify debts” has been an ongoing question for us, and we’ve tried it a lot of different ways over time. Even with its current semi-hidden placement, there are a significant number of people who turn it on without fully understanding what it does, and who then email us about their balances “not adding up correctly”.

Still, we hope to keep improving on it! We have some ideas that might help explain it better to the people who get confused, and we’ll probably be trying some of those out early next year. Moving the placement of the setting might be part of that process. In the meantime, apologies for the trouble!

7. right bar

make the gear icon at the top right not look disabled when it's not selected

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add increase/decrease buttons next to shares number fields

Every time I use this feature I think about how nice it would be to not touch the keyboard while increasing shares ;)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. [BUG] Tab order in group creation messy

Tab order in Group creation under /groups/new is wonky after you've added a bunch of extra people.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Help Button or Link

You ought to have a "Help" or "Documentation" link somewhere in the UI.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! We currently have a “Feedback” link in the lower right of every page, which includes links to all our helpdesk articles. I’ll pass on your suggestion and see if it makes sense to add additional help links elsewhere on our website.

11. Intelligently Choose Year in Quick Add

When entering expenses in the quick add form, it always picks the current year if you just enter a dd/MM date. I would imagine that most people using this are going to be entering past expenses, but if you use this for entering last year's expenses after new year, then the year goes in wrong. For example, I've entered an expense on 24/12, which gets interpreted in 2017.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – that definitely makes sense! Quick-add is a pretty infrequently used part of Splitwise, so this probably won’t be fixed right away, but hopefully it’s something we can take a look at before 2018 :)

12. My total share in WEB app

In Android app there is a 'Group spending summary' screen where I can select 'All time' mode and see how much did the trip cost to me.
    In the WEB app this screen shows data only for one month at a time that is inconvenient if trip didn't fit in a single month. Please, add 'All time' mode to WEB app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    94 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  13. add a cancel button to this page

add a cancel button to the new group page

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I think we left this off intentionally to make the page a little simpler to use in the general case of just getting started, though I’ll see if we can think about adding a cancel button here.

Marshall

14. save data form data locally

As I was creating an expense, I accidentally clicked outside the modal window, which cleared all the data I entered. This is very annoying. It should persist locally.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. House Utilities

Would it be possible to add an icon/option for Security under Home? In our house, we all split the monthly cost of Security Monitoring. This just seems like a useful categorization as others who use Simplisafe or a DIY security system with monitoring. This is just the OCD side of me wanting more icons! Anyway, love the app. Very helpful!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. to change the icon for deleting an expense

I feel a trash icon for deleting an expense, rather than the cross (X).

When we click on an expense, theres an expansion of the expense's details right.
    And when we want to close the expense expansion, intuitively it feels like the cross (X) icon closes the expansion.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Recurring Shared Orders

The Shared Orders beta is great, but it would be great to have a recurring shared order as many people have a weekly grocery run.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re glad you like the feature! Thanks for the suggestion, I can see how that would be a helpful improvement. I’ll leave this open for further review for now.

Thanks again!

19. Connect friends using 'Username' or show friends list.

The biggest problem that exists is connecting with friends. Splitwise should allow people to be found using a simple username & connect them with ZERO email involvement just like on Instagram. Nobody scans QRs to connect each other. People don't wanna send each other links to connect.

Emails or 'sending' invites shouldn't be involved at all & nobody should be able to see my email ID. People should be able to connect each other just using the 'username' or if they wanna send links, then 'splitwise.com/user/username' to ease it.

Also, we shouldn't have to connect to the Google account to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  20. Add additional/custom tax/tips/fees to itemized receipts

Currently when using receipts on either mobile or web app, we only get two fields of tax and tip. I love that this automatically splits it with the correct weight of all the people involved in the receipt.

But what's a little annoying is if we are splitting something like UberEats or Instacart, I have to add up all the different fees or taxes and type it into the tax field or tip field. This sometimes involves adding like 5-6 different fees/taxes.

Would be cool if there was like a + button below the tax and tip where we can…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base