Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. Discord server + bot integration

My social group primarily operates out of a Discord server. While Splitwise integrates with Zapier (and Zapier integrates with Discord), it's missing some features that could be useful.

For example, some integrations that might be nice:
    - Link a Discord user to a Splitwise account.
    - Add new expenses directly from a Discord channel.
    - Post notifications about new expenses/payments to a Discord channel.
    - Add users in a server (optionally with a Discord role) to a Splitwise group.
    - Deliver user notifications via Discord DM instead of email.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix insecure login for feedback.splitwise.com

The current login for feedback.splitwise.com is INSECURE.

As a matter of urgency add https for feedback.splitwise.com as my browser warned me about logging in over an unsecure connection.

I instead logged in via the Google login, so at least credentials are not sent in plain text over the internet, but even then im sure the google authentication token would still be sent over in plaintext. So sort this out as a matter of urgency. Im shocked that you expect people to enter their login details in plaintext on your own feedback site. Its a little ironic. Please sort this now,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to paste image into an expense instead of selecting a file

I take screenshots of my pdf bills from email and want to paste it directly into an expense instead saving it to a file and then selecting that file to attach it

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. Mass upload of expenses ( excel / gdocs )

It would be great to be able to upload a spreadsheet with past mass expenses in order to quickly merge other services to Splitwise and keep complete past records before app adoption.

Ex. Date / Currency / Value / Friend ID / Category / Split % / Group

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide a Dark Mode option for the website too, please. Thank you!

Just like the Splitwise app for Android was recently updated to include a Dark Mode option, I was hoping we could get a similar option for the website as well. Nothing much, just a toggle switch at the top of the page will do!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. Data Display

I wish there was a way to see all the charges for one person over the past year that they have had to pay. Like, if one roommate gave me $50, then I could see $50, and then the successive bills added, which would take away from the $50. So I could see the build up and succession of payments and bills. I remember at some point, I could see a line graph of what one person owed so see how each bill affected how much they owed at a certain time. I can't seem to do that in the…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. Keep debts on PDF summary until paid

I love splitwise. One thing I have a problem with though is remembering old debts. I have a couple things people owe me for that are beyond a month old so there for they no longer show up on the summary. The amounts of those items do carry over at the bottom but that is no good if we can't remember what the debt was for (i.e I paid someone's share of the Christmas decorating expense) having a name attached to older debts is really helpful so everyone can remember

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Showing "owed" amounts one by one

When you click settle up, it shows the total amount between 2 friends. Add a link to see the owed items individually.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. email batching

just made a bunch of changes to things, someone got 18 emails :/

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Footer when logged in.

On other places in your site I'm able to access the calculators, about page, etc down at the bottom, but when I'm on the dashboard those links are missing. Need consistency. Love the site though overall!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on this feedback! We recently added a link to the calculators on the dashboard (in the right-hand sidebar), but the about page and others are definitely quite hard to find.

11. New Product Suggestion - Bank Ledger

I love your platform. You should totally add the ability to allow people to use splitwise as a bank ledger. Essentially it would be the same as your current product save for the other entity in the "group" would be a bank instead of another person.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’d definitely like to include better bank support in the future, though it’ll probably take us a long time to do any actual bank integrations. For now, you could try creating a group, with yourself and one other member called “Bank”, and keep track of a ledger that way…it’s a bit messy, but could be worth a try!

12. Chart preparation

I had this wonderful idea regarding improvement of splitwise. I feel splitwise app should also have a built-in function that will help the people using it to prepare their monthly expense after dividing it in group wise..that is for every group he should be able to see how much did he spend with respect to individual group! How does this sound ?? I think its cool and boost the popularity because everyone needs to account for their expense and what better way to do it when splitwise will help them!!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Pujan, thanks for the suggestion! We definitely want to get better at things like this.

Have you seen the monthly charts section on our website? If you open a group, then click the “Trends” button at the top of the right-hand column, and then click the “View full charts” link, you should be able to see all of your own spending for the group that month, split into individual categories. It’s not perfect, but it may help you until we find time to work on some better chart features :)

13. can add additional feature of having graphic trends per individual per month

I would like to see graphical analysis of my expenses per group, all groups in selectable period (Date between/ Monthly)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Abhinav,

You can see our current best analysis by category by month by going to: splitwise.com

1. Either navigate the group you are interested in or All Expenses
    2. Click the Trends widget on the upper right, and then view full charts

Custom defined periods would have to be a pro feature – that is very expensive computationally to do for us at present. You can also export group level data to csv via the gear in the upper right → Export as spreadsheet to do your own analysis if you want custom ranges.

I hope this helps!
    Jon

14. Color Coding of Paid column.

A nice to have would be:
    The column that shows who paid could use a different color for each person who pays. For instance I have Zac, Kyle, and Myself (Erza) in my group, my color would be black. Kyle could be blue and Zac could purple. This would allow me to look at glance who paid more often. I do like the the orange and green column that shows how much was lent/borrowed. Icing on the cake would be having the ability to assign each group member a color.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I know in the past we’ve considered additional things to indicate who paid – small user icons, for instance. (I believe we decided against that in order to keep the interface cleaner and less cluttered.) I’ll add this to our list of possible ideas and see what the rest of the team thinks.

15. can total Owes you amount be in other color rather light green

can total Owes you amount be in other color rather light green? and split among groups in light green?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. send out a bit of details while simplifying debts.

bravo for all your efforts team! we have been using the app for a long period of time now. A couple weeks back you guys introduced a logic that would simplify/adjustdebts accordingly. While most of auch simplifications are trivial, some are not! And the intimation mail only mentions that splitwise has adjusted debts, I request you guys to add a set of details in the same mail, which may include who all were included and before/after of debt amouts. I am also a developer, I guess this would not be a hefty change ;-) Thanks guys, keep rocking!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’d love to include better details when simplifying debts, but it’s actually surprisingly hard to show those details in an intelligent way :) The math is very simple, but we’ve found that showing the complete data often confuses people – especially in very old groups, where the “unsimplified” totals might include thousands of dollars of payments to each other (which all cancel each other out).

Still, we definitely want to show more information! Hopefully we’ll be able to try a few new designs this year and find something that works. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

17. Give us Option to Add Tentative figures without syncing

Kudos to the Website Design accessibility and the whole idea for creating this kind of a website.

One suggestion :

Give us an option to add tentative figures or figures which are too small to be added directly but can be posted after accumulating together

For eg to explain with a hypothetical situation;
    Salt - Rs 20 can be added and kept aside without syncing.( Keep in Reserve )
    Once I buy Sugar Rs 60 etc
    I can accumulate together and make entry as
    Salt & Sugar - 80
    etc

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your kind words about Splitwise and for providing your suggestion.

We’ve thought about this a bit, but we worry that it’ll get confusing and add extra work — people might forget they added a ‘pending’ bill, never add it to their ‘real’ ledger, or their friend will add it in the meanwhile and there will be duplicates.

May I ask why you wouldn’t just want to add “Salt 20 Rs” to Splitwise right away? It’s seems that it’d be as much work as adding the ‘pending’ expense, and then going back later to ‘really’ add it. Is it about not wanting to ‘spam’ friends with emails about expenses added?

Thanks!
    ZC

18. "Pay all" or auth queue when settling up

When I settled up I owed 3 different people. They all take Venmo. I had to go through "Settle Up" 3 times, each time hitting "Settle Up", then "Venmo" again, then authenticating w/ Venmo again - each time, it was just doing the top payment off the list.

Should either be a way to bulk-process, or, if not supported by their API, at least do a queue so it prompts me for the next person I owe.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback Andy! I understand why this would be useful. You’re right — Venmo API wouldn’t support this — but I will bring the idea of queueing payments up on our side next time the team discusses ‘Settle Up’.

Cheers, Zoe

19. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! Yep, this annoys me too :) I think we’re hoping to do some web cleanup work later this summer and fall, so I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements.

20. the left pane lists like "friends" and "groups" should be collapsible

The left pane lists like "Friends" and "Groups" can be a long one. I suggest you allow them to be collapsible (by clicking on the list name or something similar) and allow that state to be saved for convenience and a cleaner appearance for users with long lists (like me).
    P.S. Splitwise is great. Please keep it up!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We hear you. Friends and groups in the app are slightly unwieldy and difficult to access, and we are planning a redesign of the Android app to address those issues.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base