Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. organise the dashboard

can organise your dashboard, so often used friends/groups are on top of the page/app or you can organise manualy

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Frederique – I’ll pass on your suggestion! For now, you could try tapping on the total balance boxes at the top of the screen (“you owe”, “you are owed”, “total balance”), which will filter your list of friends and show only the people that you have balances with. Hopefully that helps a little!

2. Javscript

Why on earth is all of your javascript on the main page and that too without encryption ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Kshitij! The reason our JavaScript is included in the main page is mostly because of how Splitwise /used/ to work a few years ago – we used to include a lot of customized code depending on exactly which user was loading the page. We’d like to move our JS code to a separate page sometime soon, mainly to improve page loading/caching performance.

Also, we may obfuscate our JavaScript code at some point in the future, but there’s no way to actually encrypt JavaScript in the browser – your browser has to be able to read the code in order to run it. Obfuscating JavaScript files can be useful for improving load time, since the file sizes are usually smaller, but we also enjoy keeping our code readable, especially since it lets other people look at your front-end code and learn how it works. (There isn’t any secure information in…

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. add notes with acknowledge feature

Google Drive (sheets) already has this feature. Basically, instead of a note, you add a comment to a cell which the other person can respond to or acknowledge. So, if my roommate gives me a receipt and I disagree with a charge, I can remove that portion of it, and state my justification for changing the subtotal. That way, (s)he knows why I did it and knows to come talk to me if it doesn't make sense (e.g. where are those batteries you bought? I need some.)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I know the feature you’re talking about on Google Drive/Docs/Sheets, and it does come in useful sometimes. This probably won’t get added to our comments in the very near future (it’d require some cross-platform work), but I’ll pass on the suggestion and add it to our list of possible improvements.

6. Provide screenshots of the Pro experience

I love Splitwise, but the one problem I have is with multi-currency trips (the main reason my friends and I use it). It is really easy to muddle things up, even with separate groups, which we tried this time round. The main problem is that your entire interface was made for single currency and multi-currency feels bolted on.

If Pro solves that, I'd be more than happy to sign up for it, but you're not making it easy to find out how it would work and I currently don't have the trust that it'll solve the currency problem.

Providing screenshots…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fair enough! Email support at splitwise.com, happy to send screenshots, it’s something we should put there. The currency converter works quite well, I’ve used it a few times myself.

Jon

7. Allow changing of subscription values

Hi guys,

I think it would be great if we can change the values of subscription. Currently, if I want to pay more or less for you guys, I have to cancel my subscription and start a new one.

It would be nice to avoid all these tasks to change the value.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ask for password while deleting a friend

While trying to delete a friend and all the expenses with them, the app should ask for the account password. Kinda like the two step verification.

What if a bugger gets hold of my laptop/phone and deletes all records in my account with him/her? O_o

Just pretending to be paranoid here, but it struck as a good measure!
    :P

Cheers!
    Vaishakh

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Category for courses or learning, and Books inside Entertainment

As custom category edition is not planned in the near future, I find that a category for courses o learning in general should be added, as I would like to know what ammount of my money is spent in my formation.

Besides this, a Books subcategory inside Entertainment should be considered.

Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. make a chrome extension that adds a "splitwise" button to transactions on Mint

I don't always remember to split a transaction as soon as it happens, or the transaction is one that I'm not physically present for (like when the power company autobills). It would be cool if there was a chrome extension that scraped data from the Mint transactions page when I visit it so that when I review my transactions on Mint I can just click a button (inserted onto the page via extension) to auto-import that transaction into Splitwise

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We actually sort of love this idea (we’ve definitely thought about it before), though it hasn’t actually made it on to our roadmap yet, and I’m not sure if we’d do it by a Chrome extension or by some other means. In general, though, we think it would be super convenient to import expenses directly from your other accounts :) Hopefully in the future!

11. Additional factors in the rent calculator

Adding if the room has a strong, moderate or weak wifi signal.

Adding a fourth component in the closet category as "walk in closet" since you can have an awesome closet that is enormous and can step into, and then there is an actual walk in closet.
    Adding parking as an optional component.
    My main suggestion - Adding a compensatory component if there is one person who is finding the place, finding the roommates, etc. It is a lot of work and energy to find new roommates, handle the legal aspects of the lease ahead of time, provide the time…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! These are good ideas for making the rent calc more comprehensive. I will bring them up next time we talk about enriching it. We haven’t updated them since release and are aware they need a little love :)

Cheers, Zoe

12. Add office expenses

It'd be nice if there was a built-in way to add the ability to split expenses among office employees, like lunch runs.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there – could you give me more details on what you mean? I’m probably misunderstanding your suggestion, but you should already be able to split expenses with co-workers on Splitwise: just add your co-workers as friends (or add them to a group), then add lunch runs and more just like you would any other item on Splitwise. Hope that helps!

13. Previous feature for iOS was better

Previously it showed curved left to right arrow sign when I owe someone and right to left arrow sign when someone owes me while adding some bill. That was better.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So sorry for the trouble! I’ll pass on your feedback to the team – I know we definitely plan to keep making tweaks and improvements to the add bill form, as well as the rest of the new app.

14. Toggle open and close Groups and Friendds

Make the side bar max height for that of the viewport height. Make the Groups and Friends sections toggleable close / open and scroll bars within.

Prioritize payments and do calculations based on them. Say an old payment exists in my dashboard and i don't wanna delete or settle it but just ignore about it when seeing my total.

Make dashboard items selectable so that i can calculate or get a total based on the selection items from my dashboard.

Same scenario mentioned above with selection of friends and groups from side bar or on a new page would be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestions – I’ll pass them on! We haven’t done any major work on our web app for a while, so I imagine we might be redesigning some things later this year.

15. add expand icon

add expand icon in place of distance displaying all the expenses for each Friend.
    Means when i select the expand icon then only it should display the detailed expenses for each category like groups and non groups expenses, else just display the simplified form of expense

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I know the new style of displaying a friend’s balances looks a bit different, but we thought it was pretty important to show the full details – a lot of people were getting confused about their total balances. Hopefully we can keep improving the design in future updates!

16. Consider # of previous payments between individuals when simplifying

I've had two groups where I put in a few major expenses. Some people started settling up by sending me a payment, but then others put in a few new smaller expenses. People who already paid me once now owe me a second payment, which is annoying.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! This probably isn’t an easy update to make, unfortunately, but I’ll definitely add it to our list of possible improvements. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

17. No provision for dividing previous expenses when new person is added

When we add new person in a group, the calculation starts from that moment itself and we can't divide previous expenses considering new person.
    This situation come when large number of people are there in a group and we miss someone from adding by mistake

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pro Feature: Total expenses based on a filter

It would be cool if I could create a custom filter for totaling expenses in a group. Use case: My housemate never names his grocery runs anything sane (i.e. something with 'groceries' in it so that your metadata tracker picks up on the category). I would like to create a glob/regex filter to add in all expenses with "woodman" in the title to grocery category.

Unless your auto-categorization is perfect or this filter feature is added, the usefulness of pro-charts is limited.

Pro looks promising so far, thought. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion Julian, and for upgrading to Pro.

I can definitely see how this would be useful for some folks. Not sure if/when it’ll make it onto the road map (we’re 4 engineers), so for now let me suggest that your roommate manually categorize all the groceries expenses they don’t name something ‘common’.

Cheers, Zoe

19. fix the tax/tip section

Can you adjust the UI such that it explains you can add as a percentage or a fixed amount. The gray text claims % but if i plug in 7 (for 7%) it splits $7 of tax, not 7% of the subtotal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion! It’s intentional that you can enter either a whole amount ($7) or a percentage (7%) in that box, but it could probably be improved to be clearer. I’ll add this to our list of possible things to work on in the future.

20. 'Art' category

For expenses

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base