Skip to content

General

80 results found

1. Allow for multipliers in Itemized bills

It would be great if you could add a multiplier/shares for itemized bills. You could probably just add a x1 next to the price and have up/down arrows to make it x2, x3, etc. This would be reaaally usefull when you itemizing but one of your friends had 2 shares or was paying for his/her partner/kids, etc.

I saw that there where some ideas like this already submited.. but they were marked as Under review since almost 1 year ago!

Keep the good work!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’re declining this one for now – it’s a reasonable idea, but itemized bills are only used by a small percentage of our users, and we worry that adding multipliers might make the itemized bill interface more confusing. We may revisit this further down the line, though. Thanks for the suggestion!

2. "settle up" button has ambiguous meaning

The use of the "settle up" button to begin a payment is a bit confusing. Perhaps I'm just used to the way Splitwise used to work, but when I think "Settle up", I imagine seeing the list of who owes who. I actually ended up spending quite some time looking for the button to add a payment, before resorting to clicking on suspicious looking buttons and finding it under "settle up". Anyway, I think it would be more straightforward to to have an explicit "record a payment" button, just like the old days.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve decided to stick with the Settle up wording in the interface. We’ve seen too much confusion the other way now that you can actually send money via Paypla or Venmo.

Marshall

3. Get a logo

The "logo" in the top left corner doesn't make any sense. It's also in the splash screen of the iOS.

I really like the new design, very flat and smooth, but those ugly wide-spaced letters just drive me crazy!

There are many things you could do to improve this. Maybe just a simple sleek font will do the trick.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. Not let peope in a group who where not involve access to modify a bill

I don't think that people that where not involved in a bill (even in the same group) should be able to modify it. Also, since everybody can modify anything, it would be good if you kept a log of transactions, ie: " John changed the total from X to Y"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We allow members of a group to edit all bills in that group because we think it makes it easier for people to correct problems and fix other people’s mistakes. We think this is pretty important – otherwise, it can be a huge hassle when one person accidentally enters something incorrectly.

You can see a record of recent changes in your account by visiting https://secure.splitwise.com/#/history, or by clicking the flag icon in the middle of the top of the page (in the green navigation bar).

5. Stop changing your UI

If you guys really think your UI is very cool let me tell you ..it's the most pathetic thing to constantly keep changing UI . Playing around with HTML and CSS does not make your app attractive. Stop changing theme you guys are not a big company like facebook that people will keep using it irrespective of whatever u do.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much for your patience and feedback as we improve things.

We try not to update our UI unnecessarily, but in this case, we think it was worth it. The last big change to our interface was almost a year ago (the recent “Add a bill” changes were part of a preview of this release), and since then we’ve spent a lot of time getting feedback from users about what they like, what they don’t like, and what they find confusing.

This new design is an attempt to make things clearer, friendlier, and easier to use, both for new users and existing users. We may have inadvertently made some parts of Splitwise harder to use, and if so, we apologize – if you have specific issues, we’re always happy to hear about them and see if there is a way to address them.

Thanks again for your patience –…

6. I would not like to see individual transactions in a group

We friends have created a group, and I observe that I can also view indiviual transactions between other friends. I am aware I can change the settings, but I think even in a group, you should not be able to view a transaction if you are not involved in it

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We intentionally chose for the expenses in a group to be visible to all members of that group – we’ve found that it makes it easier to fix errors when someone makes a mistake (e.g. someone is accidentally included on or excluded from a bill).

However, you can also add expenses that do not belong to any group, and those expenses will only be visible to the people involved. If you are in a group with many transactions that do not involve you, you may find it useful to get rid of the group entirely, and just add expenses directly with the people involved.

7. user_name id tag in Account Settings page is causing problem

This is a technical issue.
    https://secure.splitwise.com/account/settings
    On this page there is text box to show the name of the user, its id is user_name, this is causing problem with addons like LastPass. They are auto filling it with email address.

Kindly rename the id to something other than this.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Pratik – this sounds like a configuration error with LastPass. Changing the field’s ID would require us to override a bunch of default Ruby on Rails logic for handling input fields. Sorry for the trouble!

8. Add more factors to the rental split calclulator? (parking & furnishing)

Couple factors I'd love to see on split wise rental calculator:

Parking spot (checkbox for that room)
    Most places in LA will value a parking spot at about $50 a month

Furnishing the room (to be left checked off if a roommate is not furnishing the room at all)

This is one of the greatest room splitting calculators out there. I'd love to see it become more robust!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Glad you like the calculators! We’ve actually considered both the factors you mentioned, and unfortunately we chose to leave them off – both vary too widely in cost to be useful in a simple calculation.

They’re definitely reasonable things to take into account when splitting rent, though! You’ll just have to decide for yourself how much they’re worth and how you’d like to split them :)

9. allow to choose participants when using unequal dividing with adjustments

In the old pop-up when doing an "unequal divide with adjustments" it was possible to keep people out from the bill. This is no longer possible with the new layout but was very handy.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We removed the checkboxes from that screen in an effort to simplify the add bill form. However, you can still add an adjusted bill that only involves some members of a group. On the main add bill screen, where it says “With you and:”, just delete the “All of Your Group” token and type in the names of the specific people you want to split with, and the adjustment form will update accordingly. Hope that helps!

10. Please bring back the older color

The older color looked better. It was dark, this is very gaudy and shiny!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry you don’t like the new colors! We are planning to keep them, though. It’s definitely a lot different than the old Splitwise, but we hope the change will grow on you with time.

11. The right panel is too big

The right panel is too big and the main (center) panel looks constrained in the new layout. And the reduction is size of display images is not good.
    It would be good if you reduce the right panel size and the center panel can also be broadened.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We spent a lot of time testing the right sidebar on different users, and in the end we think it’s an improvement for most people. We’ll definitely be making design tweaks over the next few months to both the list of balances and the right sidebar, but the overall size of those two items will probably stay the same. Sorry!

12. Keep the old "add a bill" design

It takes much longer to add an expense if the bill is not split...if one person is covering another person entirely, it takes too long to add.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add an option to get Notifications via RSS

I am an RSS fanboy, and I believe there are many out here who will appreciate if you can provide notifications via RSS also.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Though I’m an avid RSS user myself (and still lamenting the loss of Google Reader!), we probably won’t be doing custom RSS feeds – we’d rather communicate via email and push notifications. Sorry!

14. Cannot itemize

The lesser you change the better.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Changes in splitwise interface

I see that you have changed the splitwise interface.
    The old interface was very easy to use.
    The new one however has errors and is very complicated compared to the old version.
    When I am giving feedback here, I can see the message "You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional)". I am already signed in. I do not understand what this means...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When adding a bill, the people with whom you are splitting should be visible on the the same window

You should not need to click on any button to view the people you are sharing the bill with.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sanal – with the new form, you can still see the list of involved people at the top of the window (“With you and:”), or as you mentioned, you can click the “split equally” link for something more similar to the old view.

We found that for most users and most bills, including the list of individual users who owe was unnecessary – it was infrequently used, and it just made the form more complicated. That’s why we decided to hide it behind a click in the new form design. Sorry for the inconvenience!

17. Drag and Drop Reordering

Hi! I have a suggestion for making organization easier. I want to be able to drap and drop my individual financial items into the order I want. They automatically display chronologically based on when I enter them, but I can't seem to reorder them how I want. So if I enter something in a non-chronological order, it has to stay that way. At least as far as I can tell. It would be really awesome if I could just reorder them by dragging and dropping them to the order I want them in. Thank you for your attention and consideration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid we don’t have plans to support reordering in the near future :( We’ve found that chronological order is the easiest way for most people to review their past expenses, and right now we’re focused on doing one thing at a time right, rather than supporting many different options. Sorry!

18. Need privileges per user

If i add an expense only I should have the right to delete it or approve to remove it once the person owing pays.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New Updates..PLZ!!

This new update makes this website so confusing! Before your update this website worked perfectly for all my roomate b/c we could all easily track the payments and who pays who etc. Now this is all over the place.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Website: left-hand side bar doesn't scroll

The friends tab on the left does not scroll, you can see only a limited people from the list if I am not wrong. Would be great if you could fix this.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base