672 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Skeumorphic Design

I think the new design tries to incorporate too many skeumorphic attributes. Skeumorphic defined as un-natural flourishings added to a version of a product that were present in a state when these flourishings were necessary.

For one, in the payment dialog, the window is made much larger through the addition of the unnecessary credit card image on top. A smaller window would allow for users to see data beneath.

Flourishes like this are tasteless design and actually hamper usefulness.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I think we’ve largely addressed this issue. I can’t tell if we’ve actually completed this because it’s pretty general. If you have specific complaints, please let us know!

Marshall

3. Allow us to choose how people are sorted

The groups on the left tab-like interface can be chosen to see their bills etc. But once you click on some group and make a change, they move to the top. This confuses me once I need to go to the next group and their spot has changed to another spot. Can you allow us to choose if we want those groups to be static or move according to last edited? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. provide an overall view of the bills (people i owe and people who owe me)

what im describing is like a Dashboard where I can see how much I owe people and how much they owe me...

This is similar to billmonk's "Home" page view.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Show the current status in clear and bold in dashboard

Instead of/In addition to the bar showing debt/loans. Could you also show the actual dollar amount - may be rounded up for beautification in big letters.
    I think a service like this really has the imperative of showing you your bottomline

I find it hard to interpret the bar - I owe some, is it 10$, 100$ or $10000?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Very Good

Include direct payment method. The bill monk importer is awesome. Keep Rocking.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It's easy to duplicate bills

I have reported 6 bills today and duplicated some of them in many ways. If I double click the "submit" button, the bill is duplicated. If a network error happens, the bill is duplicated again. The server's availability needs kinda improvement.

But after all, it's an awesome website and we are switching to it from billmonk.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Add-bill panel could be better

The add-bill popup/panel is currently a bit cramped. Either I would like it to have it in a separate page or a more spacious panel.

This is truly a remarkable site for ex-billmonkers like me. Thanks a ton. Keep rocking.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. To make changes to the bill editing and the column for tax

The editing in the bill should be made available and convenient.
    The tax column calculates the percentage of tax but instead if the amount of tax can be directly entered in the column it would reduce the effort as there are two types of taxes i.e., food tax and non food tax.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can I split a cheque with other person

Not in the terms of participation, but in terms of payment of the actual cheque.
    eg. If the cheque amount is $50 between 3 friends, one picks up the tab for $30, and the other picks for $20, but is divided equally.
    Just as billmonk allows to add multiple payers for the bill.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Friends on the fly

Add the ability to add friends on the fly while reporting a bill. (by entering their email address or with the "Add New Friend")

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now add people on the fly as you add an expenses! To do this, when adding an expense click on the “add more people to this expense” at the bottom of the expense and then add their email to the top of the page that pops up.

12. itemized bill

itemized bill needs to map saved members to be added for every item billed

just like bill monk

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow me to see how much an individual owes me

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I am a recent Billmonk convert. In Billmonk, I could see how much someone owed me, in Splitwise I can only see how much the group owes me. I see a "suggested repayment" I suppose this is because I'm the only one who doesn't owe anyone else, but it needs to be more clear.

I'd like to see how much one person in my apartment owes me.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’ve changed the way balances get displayed and show the breakdown for groups in more detail, Please let us know if you are still finding this difficult.

Marshall

14. modify the bill

There should be a way to modify a bill and delete a bill. When ever we add a bill involving multiple persons there is no way to see the bill and modify or delete. We have to select each person who is involved and delete it. It is a pain. Can you make it possible such that we can see all the bills in one place.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

all future bills for multiple friends can now be viewed, modified and deleted as a whole instead of per friend. We do not currently plan to make this fix for existing bills.

Marshall

15. Groups

Allow adding existing friends to groups.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. reporting a bill

i am a past bill monk user and one thing i did not find here is reporting a bill with multiple people without making new groups. it is more convienient to pull up people from the entire list.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Slim down the design on the category markers!

xI hate the new category marker icons. They'd look better with cleaner lines - too bulky ATM.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show personal balance on drop-down list instead of/in addition to dash

The new website is AWESOME. I should start with that - I've been playing around with it and smiling to myself.

It would be even more awesome if, when I clicked on the drop-down list of groups, my personal balance displayed in red or green to the right of the name of the group. I think there's plenty of space to do it without clutter. Just a suggestion as I'm the kind of person who will never go to a "Dashboard." I don't see this anywhere in the existing threads.

It really is like night and day... I LOVE LOVE…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think we did this :) It’s been a while and our interface has changed a bit, so I’m not are we got this. Please let us know if the current dashboard doesn’t meet your needs.

Marshall

20. Please lable the items in dashboard

Hi Developers,
    Great website, i love your efforts to make it even better

I see the button with home symbol , on dashboard, it took forever for figuring out that its to add group !!!

I suggest either add labels to the buttons or change the symbol to make it clear that it group (not home).

GL

--bharath

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base