General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 211 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      48 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A basic version of this feature (“View group totals”) is now on all platforms: iPhone, Android, and web! You can also analyze more details group totals by exporting your group expenses to a spreadsheet, which is also available on all platforms.

We hope to keep improving this feature over time, so feel free to make suggestions below. Thanks!

• Groups to include couples

It would be really great if there was a way to add "double weight" to some people in a group. I.e. I have a group of travelers that includes some singles and some couples. It would be easier to just have one member of the couple in the group, but have them count as two people when dividing expenses. Is there some way to do this that I am missing?

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When adding an expense on web or iPhone, you can click on “split equally” and split by shares instead, assigning multiple shares to someone. We’ll bring this to Android soon.

Marshall

• Show only non-zero balance names on homepage

This one I'm writing only keeping iOS app in mind as I'm not sure other mobile OS's app.

Please provide a feature to not show to settled up contacts on splitwise home page.

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Total expenses in a month.

It would be more helpful to us if you provide a feature to display total amount spent in a group. Then we will come to know how much we are spending per month.

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • adding person to existing group

BAfter adding person to existing group you cannot modifying existing expense and to split the amount with the new person. The only way is to delete this expense and to recreate it again

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! Hmm…you should be able to add new people to old expenses without any problem, by editing the expense and adding the new member to the list of involved people. If you’re having issues with that, send us an email at support@splitwise.com and we’d be glad to help you figure out what’s going wrong.

• Add a chat window

Add a wall or chat window, so people in the group can make comments or pose questions. e.g. "Is that everyone?" "Why was the beer so much?"

10 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added comments on expenses and an activity feed where you can see recent comments and changes. Try it out and let us know if you need any additional chat features.

Marshall

• Link to Venmo!

This website is fantastic! One suggestion to perhaps close the "Payment" loop: Our group pays eachother using the Venmo peer-to-peer payment system. One feature of Venmo is that I can send "payment request" to my friends, and they will just "approve" the charge (at which point, I get paid). It would be great if there was a simple system within splitwise (say, a one-click button) that would send out venmo bills to group members when I try to reconcile my splitwise expenses. Also, it could automatically record the payments within splitwise, thus automatically tracking who had paid me back.

91 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Venmo is now available on all the official Splitwise apps (web, iPhone, and Android)! Please note that this feature is restricted to users inside the US, and that you will need the Venmo app installed on your mobile device in order to make Venmo payments through the Splitwise mobile app.

• Reverse Bills

Sometimes I EARN money, and I owe that money to my 3 roommates.

A bill is when they OWE ME money. A Reverse bill is when I OWE THEM money.

You can solve this by letting us do a negative amount for a bill. Thanks!

70 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our website now has additional handling for reverse bills/refunds – when entering a bill, you now have the option to choose “reimbursement” as a split type, which will allow you to distribute money equally between a number of people. (If you try to enter a negative cost in the “Add bill” form, it will now automatically change to the new “reimbursement” split method.)

We’d love to add this kind of bill to our mobile apps as well, but it’s not on the roadmap yet. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Hope that helps! Let us know if you encounter any bugs, or if you have any other suggestions.

• Deleting or Hiding Groups

I Know that you Guys are working on this issues.
                    I presume that you are working on Hiding Groups instead of Deleting them.

What i wanna suggest is that if you can provide both the options, Deleting & Hididng, it would be good.
                    But Deleting should be done only after all the users in that group are Settled Up.

51 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: we now hide groups that have been settled up for at least 40 days. You can also still delete groups.

We’d definitely like a better way to handle the closing/hiding of groups, besides just deleting the group entirely. We’ve got a lot on our to-do list, but we’re hoping to add this feature in the not-too-distant future :)

• (mobile) Option to hide friends which I am settled-up with

When looking at the current balance with my friends, it would be useful to hide the ones which I'm settled-up with. I should be able to see them all when adding a new expense.

12 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: all our platforms will now automatically hide friends/groups that you have been settled up with for more than 40 days. We also have a filter on mobile at the top of the friends and groups list to show only people you owe or people who owe you.

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, we have a somewhat hidden way to do this already – from the home screen, just tap on the “Total balance” box at the top of the screen, and anyone who’s settled up should disappear. It’s only temporary, but it should help you see who you have balances with at a glance.

• 1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey – It sounds like you may be looking for our “simplify debts” feature, which reshuffles group debts to minimize repayments that need to happen. To enable for any group please visit “group settings”. If I’m incorrect about what you’re looking for feel free to send a note to support@splitwise.com with more details about what you’re trying to do and we’ll do our best to help! Cheers

• Allow archiving of groups

I have 13 groups/trips set up now. We create one for a specific trip and once its settled, rather than delete it, would be good to have a archive section where it can be stored perpetually rather than having to delete. The reason I want to delete is because this list will grow over time and then there are way too many of them.

10 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Attach a file (an image, PDF, etc.) to a bill

Our household is paperless and we scan every bill and receipt. It would be awesome if we could attach a scan of the receipt to the bill.

27 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Attachments are now supported on all of our platforms: web, iPhone, and Android. When adding a bill, just click the button that says “Add an image” (web) or the button that looks like a camera (iPhone and Android).

• In the dashboard, hide friends who are "settled up"

I have old friends who have existed in my friend list for a long time, but whom I don't have debts with anymore, but they still show up in the dashboard and make the dashboard unnecessarily long.

A checkbox to maybe not show friends who are even, would be nice

40 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Multi Currency

I wish there was a way to convert multi currency into one home currency to square off debits.

4 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Splitwise does support currency change/conversion features. There’s 2 types of currency operations:

Currency change - this will simply change the currency on ALL your bills/expenses to a desired currency. For example if you have an expense between 3 friends for USD 100 and you use this feature, the bill amount will simply change it to EUR 100. This feature is useful for cases where you or your friend made a mistake while setting the currency earlier and now simply want to correct that mistake.

To use this feature, simply click on your name on the top right on our website and navigate to the ‘Your account’ section. Here, you’ll find an option to ‘Set all bills to EUR’ in the ‘Advanced’ section at the bottom. This feature is free to use for all Splitwise users.

Do note that this change is IRREVERSIBLE. Once you choose to change your…

• Backup data on deleting a group

If some one deletes a group by mistake the data is lost for ever. there should be an option to un-delete or get a static file as final balance depicting the state of group when deleted.

6 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do have this data around, but it requires one of us to bring back old group data. Please email support for help with this. We’re planning to change the way groups work with regards to this soon.

Marshall

• Rename friends

I can't find a way to rename friends. Somehow a few got added under only their first initial during import from Billmonk. If there is a way, it should be made clearer!

6 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve added the ability to edit details of friends who have not yet logged in. Just visit the friendships settings page for the friend that you wish to edit, and you’ll be able to change their name or email address.

Note that once a user has logged in, only that person can change their name or email address.

• history - logs

There is no way to see all the history (what if someone edited the amount later on?)

1) I should be able to see all modification done to a transaction
                                      2) I should be able to see the entire logs of the group (what if a transaction is deleted)
                                      3) I should be able set a settlement or freeze account thing, so that any new addition are a fresh start and modification to historic data would not influence current settlement , something like starting on fresh excel sheet.

10 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There is now a recent activity tab which will show you any changes since the last time you looked. There are also detailed comments that get added to expenses when they get changed so you can see what is different.

Marshall

• 2 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Decimal point in amount entry

I'd probably be easier and less confusing if in the amount entry when adding a bill, the decimal keyboard (UIKeyboardTypeDecimalPad) where shown instead of only numbers.

2 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: we’ve moved away from the ATM style input field.

I’ll pass on the suggestion! Right now our number input is designed to work more like ATMs and some other banking apps, where numbers fill in from the right as you type. Sorry for any confusion!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
                                          • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base