General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. calculate individual's monthly(user defined) expense.

The current application shows only how much a person owes/owed. It would be better if one can tract his complete monthly expense. If you need extra help, you can contact me. I am a software engineer and I would be glad to help you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I might be misunderstanding your request, but are you looking for monthly summaries/charts? If so, try clicking the “Trends” button at the top of the right-hand sidebar, which will give you a quick summary of spending for the month. Click on “View full charts” to see a breakdown by category of how money has been spent. If you use groups, you can also click the “View printable summary” link at the top of each month. Hope that helps!

• to simplfy debt for each contact too. if a contact exists in more than one group then the expenses should get simplified between groups too.

I have friends who exist in more than one group. in these cases it's confusing because it tells I owe my friend money in one group but he owes me back money in another group. give me an option where I can see what I finally owe him after cancelling out the debts between groups since it is for the same person.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You should be able to do this right from the friend screen – each friend will display their total balance with you across all groups. Additionally, if you make a payment to that friend for the full amount that you owe them, then we will automatically settle up all of the different groups that you share together.

However, we don’t intend to add additional features that dynamically simplify debts across multiple groups, as we’ve found in testing that it makes the user experience very confusing. (When adding 1 new expense can change your balances across multiple groups, it becomes very difficult to understand what’s happening in your account, especially when that 1 expense was added by someone else.) We apologize for the trouble!

• My Expenses

Is there a feature to show me what my expenses are and how they are distributed over the different groups I am in.

2 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • 212 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            48 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A basic version of this feature (“View group totals”) is now on all platforms: iPhone, Android, and web! You can also analyze more details group totals by exporting your group expenses to a spreadsheet, which is also available on all platforms.

We hope to keep improving this feature over time, so feel free to make suggestions below. Thanks!

• Expenses are getting added twice

This is a serious issue which I found more than 3 times. After adding expenses it's got added 2 times. Hope you will look in to it.

Thanks
            Raees

2 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Netting off expenses amongst group

If Alice owed Emma £10, but Emma owed Sophie £12. The app should net the amounts so that Alice pays Sophie £10 and Emma the balance of £2.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re using a group, you can do this already! Just go to your group’s settings page and enable the “Simplify debts” option under “Advanced settings”. (The setting isn’t enabled by default, because we found that it confused many people who weren’t expecting it.)

If you’re trying to do this across multiple groups, or for non-group expenses, then unfortunately we don’t currently have plans to support this. We tried something similar in the past, but found that it caused a lot of confusion when the shuffled expenses couldn’t be traced back to a single group. Apologies for any trouble!

• Invite Friends

Whenever I invite a new friend for whom I have multiple contact methods they all show up in the autocomplete search box. That's confusing because I don't want to invite my friend at the wrong address. Can you set it up so that I can pick which phone number or address to use? You could insert smaller grey text after the friend's name.

6 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This should be possible on all platforms. If you’re still seeing this problem somewhere, please open a ticket. It’s also possible to invite friends by phone number as well, though the web app does not support this very well.

• Have a way to remove someone from a group without losing their name in previous transactions

EG, housemate moves out. Don't need to show their name in the list anymore. But don't want them to be shown as [removed] from previous transactions

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • depreciation calculator

When we quit house, there will be some purchases made for room like TV, Refrigerator etc. And any one guy will take this. We need depreciation calculator so that we can calculate its worth when we are leaving and the guy who is taking that can pay us.

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Custom settle up

Your application is great and we are using it in group of friends. But the one thing that is extremly needed on mobile is custom settle up as it is in web browser. It should allow to change the person who paid the payment and the person who received it with possibility to set ammount in any currency.
                      To simulate this we have to add fake expence that will state that somebody give money to other person and later convert it on web app.

15 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now available on all three platforms! Groups now have custom settle up from the page for each group. For custom friend only settle up on mobile, you need to go tot he non-group expenses entry from the groups list and click settle up from there.

Marshall

• Attach a file (an image, PDF, etc.) to a bill

Our household is paperless and we scan every bill and receipt. It would be awesome if we could attach a scan of the receipt to the bill.

28 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Attachments are now supported on all of our platforms: web, iPhone, and Android. When adding a bill, just click the button that says “Add an image” (web) or the button that looks like a camera (iPhone and Android).

• Sort friends tab

Make it possible to sort the friends tab so you get friends with own/owned amounts at the top

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: both mobile apps now have filters at the top of the friends/groups list that allow you to only show people who owe you or people you owe.

Thanks for the suggestion – I can see how this would be useful! Right now, you should be able to do this on the dashboard page of our website, but unfortunately there’s no way to do it in our mobile apps yet. Apologies for the inconvenience!

• Currency conversion

When I went to Cancun, I charged/paid for things at different locations and at each location, there was a different exchange rate for the peso to USD. I would like to suggest a way to set the exchange rate for each item when doing a "trip" group. I ended up having to manually calculate the conversion and split it up each night for a group of 16.

282 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              26 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currency conversion is now included with our premium version, Splitwise Pro (https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe). Right now, it’s a web-only feature, but we hope to add it to our mobile apps in the future!

On the web, if you click on a friend or group in the left sidebar, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, you’ll see an option to convert all transactions with that friend/group to your default currency, using the current market exchange rate. You’ll also see a suggestion to convert currencies appear automatically when viewing a group with balances in multiple currencies.

Hope this helps a bit! We’d definitely like to continue improving multiple currency support over time – I can’t say how quickly that will happen, as we’re a very tiny team, but it remains on our to-do list for the future. If you have suggestions or feedback, feel free to…

• Future expense tat everyone hve to giv

It wil be great if u can add n option to add the expense tat is coming for future ! Lik rent tat every member should pay 2200 each on march 1st

2 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature already exists in Splitwise! You can add a bill with a future date, and you can also schedule a bill to repeat in the future every week, every fortnight, every month, etc.

• Reverse Bills

Sometimes I EARN money, and I owe that money to my 3 roommates.

A bill is when they OWE ME money. A Reverse bill is when I OWE THEM money.

You can solve this by letting us do a negative amount for a bill. Thanks!

70 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our website now has additional handling for reverse bills/refunds – when entering a bill, you now have the option to choose “reimbursement” as a split type, which will allow you to distribute money equally between a number of people. (If you try to enter a negative cost in the “Add bill” form, it will now automatically change to the new “reimbursement” split method.)

We’d love to add this kind of bill to our mobile apps as well, but it’s not on the roadmap yet. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Hope that helps! Let us know if you encounter any bugs, or if you have any other suggestions.

• Delete Expense

1. When a expense is deleted, a push notification is sent to ios users, however it doesnt say who deleted the expense?

Could you please add this information in the push message.

2. When the push notification is clicked, it should take straight to that particular expense details and not the overview screen.

Please do the needful for our convenience.

2 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Simplified debts

Allow debt simplification to disconsolate debts . For example if X owes me 5 , Y owes me 25 and Z owes me 20 , an option to have X owe me 50 and rest settled up. Useful in inter apartment transactions where you know one person in an other group better and easy to do transaction with him.

4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Simplify debts for people not in groups

we love this site and the relates applications both in iOS and android. But what i feel missing is a simpler way shuffle debts between friends that are not in a single group. The simplify debts feature between a group s good and understandable that people know each other, but for expenses that were not added to a group can not be shuffled. Please add a feature where you can shuffle amounts between a group of people.

6 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We actually have a “simplify debts” feature that lets you do a one-time shuffle with friends – it’s on the user settings page under “Advanced features”. We consider it a power-user feature (since it changes people’s balances in a way that can be more difficult to understand than within-group debt simplification), so we don’t encourage most people to use it, but it’s available if you want it!

• 4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Allow archiving of groups

I have 13 groups/trips set up now. We create one for a specific trip and once its settled, rather than delete it, would be good to have a archive section where it can be stored perpetually rather than having to delete. The reason I want to delete is because this list will grow over time and then there are way too many of them.

11 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
                                          • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base