Skip to content

General

173 results found

1. Put icons in front of categroy list

Icons in front of categories (when selecting one for your expense) make it easier to pick the right one, or just select a nice icon for that expense.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. to simplfy debt for each contact too. if a contact exists in more than one group then the expenses should get simplified between groups too.

I have friends who exist in more than one group. in these cases it's confusing because it tells I owe my friend money in one group but he owes me back money in another group. give me an option where I can see what I finally owe him after cancelling out the debts between groups since it is for the same person.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

You should be able to do this right from the friend screen – each friend will display their total balance with you across all groups. Additionally, if you make a payment to that friend for the full amount that you owe them, then we will automatically settle up all of the different groups that you share together.

However, we don’t intend to add additional features that dynamically simplify debts across multiple groups, as we’ve found in testing that it makes the user experience very confusing. (When adding 1 new expense can change your balances across multiple groups, it becomes very difficult to understand what’s happening in your account, especially when that 1 expense was added by someone else.) We apologize for the trouble!

3. Netting off expenses amongst group

If Alice owed Emma £10, but Emma owed Sophie £12. The app should net the amounts so that Alice pays Sophie £10 and Emma the balance of £2.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re using a group, you can do this already! Just go to your group’s settings page and enable the “Simplify debts” option under “Advanced settings”. (The setting isn’t enabled by default, because we found that it confused many people who weren’t expecting it.)

If you’re trying to do this across multiple groups, or for non-group expenses, then unfortunately we don’t currently have plans to support this. We tried something similar in the past, but found that it caused a lot of confusion when the shuffled expenses couldn’t be traced back to a single group. Apologies for any trouble!

4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey – It sounds like you may be looking for our “simplify debts” feature, which reshuffles group debts to minimize repayments that need to happen. To enable for any group please visit “group settings”. If I’m incorrect about what you’re looking for feel free to send a note to support@splitwise.com with more details about what you’re trying to do and we’ll do our best to help! Cheers

5. Add Icon for cats

It would be awesome to have an icon for cat expenses (and maybe other pets aswell). As the song says: https://youtu.be/sP4NMoJcFd4

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We actually do have an existing “Pets” category (under “Home”), but I know its icon looks more like a dog than a cat. We probably won’t add a separate category just for cats, but maybe the next time we update our icons, we’ll pick an icon that’s more feline-friendly :)

6. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm…Splitwise already keeps track of currencies separately (e.g. “you owe $50 + you owe £20”), so I’m not sure what happened here. If you continue to have issues, please contact us at support@splitwise.com and include screenshots of the problem that you’re seeing – that should help us determine what’s going wrong and help us get it straightened out for you.

7. Would be great if there was a 'select all' button in travel. Bit frustrating having to select everyone manually.

(de)select all in the travel calculator section - frustrating having to manually select everyone, especially if you have to change numbers around.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for he feedback! We do have checkboxes for each person that should select/deselect that person for each row. Is this not what you’re looking for?

Marshall

8. add everyone functionality and expansion of that functionality

I went on a trip with 11 friends. They all joined splitwise and are in my event. When I add an expense I still have to manually add 11 people to each expense. it's ruining the user experience. add all function for people that are part of the event. in the future possibly create favorites list etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, thanks for your feedback! We do have that. When you go to add an expense, type the name of the group rather than any of the people in the “With you and” field.

9. Only notes option

Please provide an option to add only notes- like if the newspaper did not come on 14th and 22nd of the month, or if the maid was on leave for a week- so that we know how much to pay at the end of the month to the maid or the newspaper guy.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re adding an expense in a group or friendship, it should use the most recently used currency in the group or friendship when you add the expense. If you usually use one currency, you can set it in your account settings to use when there isn’t a recent expense in your group or friendship.

Marshall

11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The feature does work this way currently – if you add a bill on the 25th and set it to reoccur monthly, it will reoccur on the 25th of the following month. If you’re having a problem with reoccurring bills please write support@splitwise.com and specify the name of the bill. Thanks!

12. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there – if you’re using Splitwise on your mobile device, you should be able to do this already! If you’ve granted the Splitwise app access to your contacts, then we’ll automatically let you invite/add people who have a valid email address or US phone number. (Please note that we don’t import phone numbers for some non-US countries right now – that’s something we hope to improve in the future!)

13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise already supports this feature. In split options, choose to “split by shares”. Everyone else pays for 1 share. Your friend who is with his family pays for x shares, where x = total number of family members.

14. keep going!

love the app, love the web. I was starting a similar project and found yours and you are now my "goal". For me this is a personal project to see if I can build such things, but you put the bar quite high!

I saw that you are a small team, and the "Made with ☻ in Providence, RI, USA" is nice, I am a senior embedded engineer which is learning Angular2 and iOS/Android.

I will keep an eye on your company.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add payee using Mobile number

Allow yourself to add a payee using mobile number. Too often you don't have people's email addresses and need to add a payment owing.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Show only those friends on home page which either owe me money or to whom I owe money. Other friends can be hidden under 'old.......friends'

Currently, when I select All Balances.. in the drop down above my friends list you show friends with whom I've settled up balances too. You should only show those friends who either owe me money or to whom I owe money. Other friends can be hidden in that menu at bottom. Like that, the list will shrink and will probably show me in one view all friends with pending balances..

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion! You can remove a group member at any time, as long as that person has settled up all of their group balances. Just go to the group’s settings page, then hit the “X” next to that person’s name.

19. Adding contacts iOS vs Android

It's kind of strange that you add contacts in iOS with their email address and on android with their phone number. So I got some doubled contacts on my phone.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion! You should be able to add contacts by either email address or phone number* on both platforms. Is it possible that you have different contact book info on your devices (e.g. maybe your iPhone has someone’s email address on it, but your Android device only has their phone number)?

*Adding contact by phone number may be disabled or modified in some countries where SMS invites are legally restricted.

20. I am not allowed to change the people involved while editing a Transaction in the group.

While editing a transaction in a group, I can not add new people to the Transaction. This was supported before.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise still supports editing group transactions. However, it sounds like you may be trying to edit a transaction where one of the people involved has left the group. In that case, you would need to add that person back to the group before you can edit old expenses that involve them.

If you’re still having issues, email us at support@splitwise.com and let us know what bill you’re trying to edit – we’d be happy to look into it and figure out what’s up.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base