General

1. Ability to use a calculator when entering bill

When entering a bill, it would be handy if there's a quick plus button there so that I can add multiple items fast and easy.

Currently there's an empty button on the number pad that shows up which I think could very well be used for simple plus/minus calculations.

790 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    79 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We just added a very basic calculator function to our web app, so you can now use basic mathematical operations when entering a cost (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division). We hope to add similar features to our mobile apps at some point in the future!

2. Add friends without email address or phone number

I know that it might be a user acquisition choice, but it is very annoying to not be able to add someone with just their name (i.e. with no email address or phone, so that they don't receive an invite).
    I find that the user experience is affected a lot by this and I am switch back to another app because of this despite how good splitwise is overall.

There are indeed several use cases where I would like to add people without contact details:
    - At a specific event, for example a party where I need to enter the…

440 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    65 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the detailed feedback – it’s always useful to hear, and I’ll pass it on :)

One small feature you may not be aware of: on our website, Splitwise does allow you to add group members without email addresses, which hopefully helps for the “large party” scenario. My apologies that the same feature isn’t available on our mobile apps!

3. is it possible to integrate UPI (UNIFIED PAYMENT SYSTEM) for Indian users ??

UPI is a payment method introduced in India to transact between users and organisation. it would simplify the transactions between users if that can be integrated to Splitwise ✌

374 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    94 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for suggesting UPI as a payment method. We’re looking into UPI, and would like to know your thoughts on how you’d like Splitwise to support UPI:

- Integrate with a UPI app like BHIM or PhonePe
    - Integrate with your banking app
    - Let you send money to a virtual address, phone #, or IFSC from within Splitwise
    - Something else?

Please let us know in the comments!

4. Make Plates for Android.

The iOS app is gorgeous and I'm jealous.

281 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Jesse, couldn’t agree more. In fact, I’m up-voting this too :) As the Splitwise team’s big Android fan, I keep having to ask my friends to go download Plates so we can use it. Plates for Android is definitely something we want to do, but we’re juggling a ton of priorities on the core app on both iPhone and Android right now. But for sure it’s on our minds, and thanks for submitting the suggestion!

- Jon

5. to integrate with 'PayMe by HSBC'.

Connect with 'PayMe by HSBC' (https://payme.hsbc.com.hk/), for Hong Kong users to send and receive payments.

249 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 232 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Updating since it’s been a while. Currently Square Cash does not have an API that we can use to integrate. At this point we would need Square Cash to change in order for us to do the integration.

7. 177 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add itemized split method to iOS app?

I love using itemized splits on the website, but can't seem to find this feature in the iOS app. Any plans to bring it to iOS?

Thanks!

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Updating this since it’s been a while. We’re still leaving this as a possible future improvement. This is not a very popular feature on our website. Figuring out the design for mobile apps continues to be a challenge. Sorry for the inconvenience!

10. Revolut integration

Hi,

Integration with Revolut as payment option would be helpful, so I think you should definitely consider that.
    Anyone agree? Vote up :)

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unequal Bill Dividing Calculation

One of my most common tasks with Splitwise is dividing a bill unequally with one other person. It would be very handy if entering the amount for one person would automatically calculate the remaining amount owed for the other individual.

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Plates Integration

Find a way to integrate Plates with Split Wise so calculations can be ported between apps.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We definitely want to improve Plates + Splitwise integration over time! Right now, if you share a Plates bill with a friend, they can click on the link and then save their share as a Splitwise IOU. We haven’t had a chance to make updates to Plates in a while, but in the future, we hope to let you do that straight from the Plates app. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

13. Ifttt integration for automated expense management

Using split wise in ifttt recipes like outputting to a google spreadsheet for example.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. to add a widget for the homescreen

Hi folks,

it would be great to have a widget for the Android app with the following functionality:
    - Display one Friend per line
    - Display the Avatar, the name, the total owed amount or the amount the friend owes me
    - Have a little icon to add a bill and to settle up

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me :)

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

An Android widget is a great idea :) We just started work on a pretty big Android update – for now, we’re mostly focused on improving the core app, but we’d love to include cool stuff like widgets in a future release.

16. Add Cringle as payment option

I'm not sure if this German based app, might be willing to cooperate with you, it's called Cringle.

It's an app created for small payments (max. 250€ a month) with friends and family. The app is quite simple to use and could enhance the Splitwise experience at least in Europe or perhaps only Germany...

Here the link to it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.cringle.cringle

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to select transactions from bank or card history

Can ask users to link cards and bank accounts in order to show transactions in split wise so user can select transactions instead of having to do manual entry. Plaid makes a great API (demo.plaid.com) for this: harvey@plaid.com

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Slack Integration

It would be great for teams (corporate or otherwise) to use a slack integration to keep track of SplitWise data. Slack is one of the top most platforms where most of us are always on - any plans to get that integration done?

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show dates on mobile app

Like the design of the website, showing the dates on the list of transactions would help differentiate between multiple charges from the same place but on different days.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I believe we originally left out dates for each individual item to prevent cluttering up the screen (there’s only so much space on a phone screen, after all). I’ll pass on the suggestion, though! For now, you should be able to see the date by tapping on an individual expense and looking at the top of the details screen, beneath the description and cost.

20. Integrate with Tikkie

The Tikkie app allows for creating a payment request, which will redirect the user to their own bank to do the payment. This would allow for easy settlement of a group's debt.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories