Skip to content

General

118 results found

1. Dashboard friends order change

First Show ppl with debits/credits alphabetically then show ppl with settled debits alphabetically.
    Sometimes our list goes big and we have scroll down a lot to see ppl with debits or credits

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We don’t plan to change the ordering on that screen, but you should be able to show people you owe and owe you by tapping on the header of the friends list on mobile.

Marshall

2. Sort contact list by frequency

There are a few people with whom I have to share expenses every day. And there are people with whom I have shared expenses just once or twice.

While adding an expense, when the contact list is shown, instead of sorting it alphabetically, it should be sorted by frequency.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t plan to add different sorting for this, but we are considering showing your last 5 people or groups in a special Recents list section for adding expenses.

Marshall

3. To enable something like you can read my text messages for expenses and push a notification to spilt of i want

This would help me spilt expenses without a fail, I will never forget if a notification is triggered as soon as I spend somewhere

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

While this would be a useful feature the ability to read text messages is not available on all platforms and many people are concerned about privacy. Far too many users would be upset at the new permission request.

4. Pin/Star a particular expense for quick reference

Pin/star a particular expense which can be accessed quickly for reference later something similar to the whatsapp star message feautre.

This pinned/star expense can be accessible either specific to the group or universally on homepage.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Hi, do we have an option to export as spreadsheet monthwise?

Since we calculate expenses monthwise, this will give a good overview of expenses incurred every month. Also it's easy to calculate if amongst number of people.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have export to spreadsheet that does the whole time period for the account. This would be pretty simple to split into months in excel or something similar. We also have (in groups on the web only) a PDF summary for each month that you can export from the expense list.

Marshall

6. Allow people leave the description field empty. Most of time, category is enough. Thanks!

Allow people leave the description field empty. Most of the time, the category is enough. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’re settled on our current requirements of an amount and a description. The one shortcut that might help you is if you type the name of the category in the description field, the app should automatically update the category for you.

Marshall

7. Ability to send a splitwise contact to others

You've been there before! Someone in the group pays the bill for the furst time but doesn't have the details of all othe other members. This would help to quickly send and receive contacts and add them as friend.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Invite Directly from contact

Allow to send message to the person's mobile number in the contacts

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. Are you in India, the UAE, or France? In those countries we don’t pull mobile numbers from Contacts because our invite text messages get marked as spam by the carriers and therefore they don’t get delivered. So we only pull email addresses because we can ensure deliverability. Sorry for the trouble!

9. New terms to be added like lent, paid off, etc.

Usually on trips, I lend some money to one of the group partner and I always settle by adjusting the amount in rent as he's the one who pays the rent and bills. Most of the time, the settled up statement says that "X paid Y $100" though it's more like "X paid off Y $100". It may sound silly but it's bit more clear.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Owe

The owes you and you owe is always confused with us. So please see if you can have this word replace with any good understandable word please

Thanks

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ve spent a lot of time on the language in the app and this is the best set of words we’ve been able to come up with. It’s not something we plan to change, but I’d love to hear more about why it’s confusing.

Marshall

11. Ordering Bills

I believe it makes sense to have bills manually sorted by participants in Group. Doing so, it will be easier to arrange items sorted so that people in Group will easily memorize expenses in historical order.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Bills are sorted by the date of the bill. You should be able to change the date when you add or edit the expense, which should let people keeps things in historical order.

Marshall

12. Drinks category

I don't drink alcohol at all but if I like to tag drinks on splitwise, there is just an "Schnapps" category with the picture of a wine bootle. Could you please add a drinks or beverages category or at least rename it?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ve separated out the Schnapps category from the Groceries category because we found that the distinction between alcohol and other foodstuffs was clear to most people. Adding a Drinks category separate from Groceries would add a lot of ambiguity for not much benefit (is milk drinks or groceries, for example). We also have the Dining out category for anything at restaurants.

I’m sorry we don’t have the best set of categories for you, but I don’t expect we will add a separate Drinks category.

Marshall

13. Comment

It will be better if we can upload a picture of bill in comment section. So that anyone from group can cross check if he/she want. It actually needed when u r not that much familiar with your friend ( new friend or classmates ).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. enable audio attachments in addition to receipts

We have a swear jar set up, so each time the other person swears you add a dollar to the swear jar group. per swear there's a comment for context, it'd be swell if you could attach audio recordings.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pay directly in-app

Integrate with PayPal or Apple pay

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, PayPal has not allowed us to offer our PayPal integration on mobile outside of the US. You can use PayPal with Splitwise from our website outside the US.

Apple pay doesn’t really support peer-to-peer payments at the moment, so it’s not something we can add to our app.

We are always looking at other payment providers.

Marshall

16. Ask to update the total when the sum is different when splitting unequally.

When we go to lunch we always split the bill unequally. The problem is, the time I enter the amount of each person I don't know the total amount to pay. This forces us to calculate the total amount first then entering the amount for each person. It would be very handy for us that the application to ask updating the total if the sum does not match instead of refusing to save.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure if this is applicable as a use case for Splitwise. Splitwise is designed for people who want to “split” a shared expense, which assumes the existence of a single expense that must be broken down into shares that each person owes.

Are you getting separate cheques at lunch and then adding them up? If that is the case then you should probably be adding those as separate expenses.

I’d love to hear more about what your exact use case is.

17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. I’m not sure what you mean. Group expenses are separated by month but you should be able to see every group bill by scrolling, not just group bills from the last 1-2 months. If you’re having a problem with this please email support@splitwise.com? Thanks

18. Order groups by most recent expense time

I want to have my most recently active group to appear on top in the groups tab on Android

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Keeping groups in a stable position allows users to develop muscle memory. We think it would be confusing if users had to visually scan for the group they want each time they view the GROUPS tab. I hear your argument but it’s just a trade off we’ve made in the other direction. Sorry for any bother! Cheers.

19. Random name selector

In many occasions, there would be a need to get things from shop, pay bill and many other activities in bachelors life. Since this app is extensively used by bachelors, random name selector will pick random name from the group and he/she will be assigned to the activity which is in need.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. Core Splitwise is focused primarily on splitting expenses, so we don’t have plans to add features that are outside of tracking bills. Sorry about that!

20. Allow multiple ways of calculating unequal splitting and multiple payers

For example,
    In a meal for 4 people totally $60, person A ordered a drink for $14
    Then everything else is split equally between 4 people
    But person B is paying for themselves and person C

So ideally I would be able to use the +/- function for person A
    Person A +$14
    ($44 left)
    Then use the shares function for
    Person A shares 1 ($11)
    Person B shares 2 ($22)
    Person D shares 1 ($11)