Skip to content

General

118 results found

1. I've got a few groups active on the app, some of which have common members (but not exclusively). is it possible to create a 'supergroup'

the supergroup could select multiple groups and therefore combine the expenses across common members. settlement via the supergroup could then be used to wipe out debts from a certain member or group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely see the advantages of a feature like this, but we’ve experimented with some similar things before, and ultimately decided that they introduce too much confusion without adding enough benefits. Unfortunately, I don’t think we’re likely to add the ability to bundle multiple groups together for debt simplification and other purposes.

2. Allow to choose bill mailing date

We have an apartment group where we settle our bills on 7th or 8th of every month. Currently we receive a mail for month's balance at the start of each month. It'd be helpful if we have a settings to change this to any desired date of each month.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I see how this would be nice to have, but unfortunately this is not something we can add to our current infrastructure and it’s not something we’re likely to be able to change.

Marshall

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t currently plan to make groups publicly visible/searchable, but you CAN share a public link to join your group if you’d like. You can get a “group share” link by opening the group settings page on our website. (We hope to add this feature to our mobile apps in the near future, too!)

4. add sub coloumn.

if in a group I add groceries then there should be area to add individual items so that everyone can see distribution of total. life if total is 100 then inside should also show 30 for milk 60 for bread and 10 for sauce. thanks

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have a feature like this on our website (“itemized bills”), but unfortunately we don’t have any plans to add that feature on mobile right now. We’ve tried designing it, but it always feels like way too much work to add tons of individual items on a mobile device, where there’s less space onscreen and typing is more difficult. For now, your best solution on mobile is probably to include information about the items that you split in the expense notes, or to attach a picture of the receipt to the expense. Apologies for the inconvenience!

5. There should be FYI section to keep the actuall biller aware

Hi there should be FYI section to keep the actuall biller aware. Lets say we are 3 friend x y z.i am charging to x for the expenses made by y. Y is not on splitwise or not in that group or Y has some arrangement with X to pay in his behalf. Instead making another group for this,we want a FYI section so that whatever i charge to X, Y get informed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately, we don’t plan to add automated notification features for people who are not on Splitwise, or not involved in a given group/expense. If you wish, you can always use the “Export as spreadsheet” or “View printable summary” features, and then save or print that spreadsheet/summary to share with other people. Our apologies for the inconvenience!

6. can i edit a name of group members just for my view...bcoz right now I can see their usernames ??

I think you should have an option of editing a name of group member just for view..I.e. it shows username.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Zoe responded

Hi there. On Splitwise each user gets to choose their display name. Similar to Facebook etc. We may some day implement a ‘nickname’ feature but it’s not on the road map. Cheers!

7. Update and universal

Update Plates and make both universally available for iOS and macOS.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we don’t have the resources right now to expand Plates to other platforms, but we hope to make some updates to the iPhone app in the future!

-Novall

8. Please make a time recording billing app for lawyers

Splitwise is so easy to use and records all expenses, as a lawyer, I wish I could record my time the same way. We can create groups of people working on a particular case. Everyone will record their time. At the end of the month bills can be created by adding all the time recorded. With an "export to excel option" we can use the app to edit the bills. Billing couldnt get simpler than this, thanks to splitwise :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, we’re not planning to track anything other than money with Splitwise, so adding time tracking isn’t something we’ll do.

Marshall

9. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much! I’m glad you like the app. I’m declining this because there’s not a specific thing to fix here – I’m not sure how to know if we have enough bunnies :)

Marshall

10. The settle up option should available only for the who need to get the money. Or if the the other person done a settle up, it should wait fo

The settle up option should be available only for the one who need to get the money Or if the other person done a settle up, it should wait for the acknowledgement of the other person. Now it's just showing in activity log saying Person A paid Person B. Person B only able to add comments not able to revert it if the person A settle up with out paying the money.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. Person B can always delete the payment if they never received it and we don’t plan to limit this as it breaks a lot of useful cases.

Marshall

11. payment directly from your app to other people in the group try linking banks or e-wallets

link e-wallets apps so that it will bring more interest in the app. and it would be better and easy.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We have integrations with PayPal and Venmo where they are available, but haven’t added anything beyond that. Please let us know which e-wallet you would use or find that app in our feature request forum and vote for it.

Marshall

12. Search group by group owner id

It would be great if there is an option to search group and send request to the group for joining, rather than group owner adding everybody to the group.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, we consider this a security risk, since it would allow you to view the names of any groups that your friends belong to. (For example, many people use their address as the name of their group, so this might allow you to look up someone’s home address without their permission.) For now, you’ll have to ask an existing group member to either (a) add you to the group manually or (b) send out the group share link, which allows anyone to join the group by following a special link. Sorry for the trouble!

13. Settling bills with multi group friends

When settling bills with a friend who is in multiple group, if exact amount is paid, the payment is divided and both the groups are settled. But if the amount paid is not exact, there should be some mechanism to settle the groups.
    Suggestion
    After paying a certain amount , the group with maximum due amount should be settled first followed by group with next highest due and so on.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

I think I understand the suggestion, and thanks for your thoughts, but this solution would be very to build and even more complex to explain/design a UI for.

Settle All Balances is already very confusing even when a payment cancels everything exactly, so we’re not likely to double down on this approach. I apologize but I’m going to decline your request.

As a good work-around for now, I recommend you manually record one payment as two separate payments if you have strong preferences about how a partial payment should be allocated across groups.

Best,
    Jon

14. Expense Check

When person A adds expense & splits with person B, then B should be able to mark it checked when satisfied/verified the expense. so that B reviews only other expense next time. The check mark should be unchecked if there is change or update in the checked expense. This is helps a lot when tracking expense in group that are added over a period of time.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

I apologize, but I’m going to decline your request. I can understand why some people would want explicit confirmations, but this is a very core decision we made long ago and confirmations are too clunky for Splitwise.

Recent Activity is our answer to seeing what has changed. If you have an ideas/issues with the way Recent Activity works, please post it as a suggestion or email support with questions.

Best,
    Jon

15. Allow Generalized/Anonymous Reminders

It would be more tactful in some situations if Splitwise could send general reminders to those who haven't settled up after a few days have gone by. Or at least permit users to request the app to send a reminder of an outstanding balance without identifying the person who requested the reminder. For example:

"Hey username, don't forget to settle up your balances! You currently owe $###"

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have a monthly summary that goes over balances with everyone and acts as an automated reminder. We also have pre-written reminders you can send to specific people if you want to ask them to settle up.

We don’t plan to add anonymous reminders. It’s a feature that would be very difficult to build in a way that would not be open to a lot of abuse. What we might add at some point is a more general whole group reminder where you can send a reminder to the entire group that there are balances that need to be settled up. Hopefully this will help make it easier to talk about settling up in a way that feels comfortable for everyone.

Marshalll

16. Add a small edit. Where we can add friends' photos on their profile

I would like to see at a glance which friends I'm splitting bills with. So instead of a generic icon of a person, I'd like to add a pic of theirs to their profile

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this might be useful, but Splitwise is designed to be used with everyone on the same page, i.e all your friends should be able to sign up on Splitwise and see their balance with you. That is why only your friends can change their own name and profile picture on Splitwise, since it is a part of their profile.

17. VAT Addition

automatically calculate the value added tax for products when we specify the VAT percentage

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Comfirmed Exposes

The idea is that no exposes can be deleted or edited without knowledge of the concerning people.

So if a Group for an Event or whatever is bigger than only a few people it could be useful that creating, editing or deleting Exposes is only possible if all concerning people agree to this expose.

Therefor maybe a push notification could remind the user of outstanding agreements.

In general that would be a feature for big groups.

Thanks for reading.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately due to the extra overhead that this would cause for everyone involved in an expense, we don’t intend to build out a feature that requires confirmation. Sorry about that! We encourage using the Recent Activity page and turning on notifications to make sure everyone is on the same page with their shared expenses.
    -Novall

19. Remove contact list in individual expenses

It would be great if adding friend to an expense an option rather than the first thing you see for "non-group expenses" given that this category is for personal expenses.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Non-group expenses is actually intended for expenses with friends that are not included in a group (many people split expenses without using groups). If you’re just tracking your own expenses, I would recommend creating a group called Personal with yourself as the only member and track the expenses in there.

Marshall

20. Payment split

It would be logical, if remainder of the division would go to person, who enters expense. Now it goes randomly

In example: person 1 enters expense 17,47 and splits it on 3 parts. Then person 1 should share 5,83 and other 2 persons 5,82 each. Now this 5,83 can go to anyone :)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We used to do it that way, but got a lot of complaints because it’s unfair if there’s one person in a group who pays for a lot of expenses. Randomly assigning the extra pennies is the only way to be fair in the long run.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base