Skip to content

General

173 results found

1. Recurring expense

Every moth there will be some common recurring expenses, I wish you can allow us to duplicate/ copy an existing expense so we can update and save as new. For example I have mobile expense split between 4 people in different way (not equally), every month it's same, so it's a pain to enter everything again and again. If I can just copy and recreate, then entering finite details like service name/ or splitting details/ etc will be eliminated.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We actually have a feature for recurring bills already, if that’s what you’re looking for! Just tap on the date when adding a bill, and you can set it to recur as often as you’d like – new copies of the bill will automatically be generated each week/month/etc.

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re asking for, just leave a comment and let me know what you mean, and I’d be happy to pass on the feedback :)

2. [BUG] splitting the bill

If you select "I owe (person)" or "(person) owes me" when telling the app how to split it, it then becomes locked and you cannot later change it (as you can when you select split the bill).

For example let's say I create an expense because I owe someone, so I select that. After filling everything out, I realize I don't owe them the full amount, just half of it. I would have to delete that expense and start over creating a new expense in order to make that change, as that is not editable.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Do some monthly reporting with the categories and totaled amounts

Each month give the option to send out a csv of the amounts with the categories dates description total etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: CSV export is now available on iPhone and Android!

On our website you can download your data as a CSV for each group / friendship you have. We are bringing this feature to iOS soon, too.
    ZC

4. Emoji support

I'd like to be able to add emojis to my debt titles

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Emoji support was added on April 1st 2016! We also released a complete emoji translation of the site for April Fools Day. It will not be around forever so check it out!

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Classificate expenses

Should be abble to classify the expenses in such way that we could be abble to control our expenses by type. Ex. I would like to see how much (i.e percentege) of my expenses was in dinning out or groceries. Other then that the app is great!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add a category to any expense. To do so, tap the blue/grey button to the left of the description/amount fields in the add bill flow. This will bring up a popup that will let you categorize the bill.

Right now we have ‘spending by month by category’ on the web only. We are bringing summaries to mobile soon too.

To access on the web, go to ‘All Expenses’, click ‘trends’ on the right then ‘view full charts’.

ZC

7. Settling up in multiple currencies

If you have debts in multiple currencies you can't see how much you owe if the debt go beyond two lines. You also cannot chose what order you want to settle up currencies. This is inconvenient.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Both mobile platforms should now display balances in multiple currencies more completely and should show more options when settling up to handle these cases.

Marshall

8. Email notification

it will be great if we have get an email notifications about the expenses being added and deleted on here

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this from the settings screen – select “Notification settings”, and then tap on the email icons to enable or disable various email notifications. You can also choose to receive push notifications when expenses are added or deleted.

9. adding person to existing group

BAfter adding person to existing group you cannot modifying existing expense and to split the amount with the new person. The only way is to delete this expense and to recreate it again

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there – you can actually update your profile picture already! You should be able to change your picture in our mobile app by going to the settings screen and tapping on your current picture. You can also change your picture from our website by logging in to splitwise.com and going to the account settings page. Hope that helps!

11. Enabling a CSV extract of expenses...

Ability to create a excel file of expenses..

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Belarussian currency

Can you guys please add belarussian currency (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarusian_ruble)?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: This is now available on iPhone and Android!

Thanks for the suggestion! We’re actually working on adding CSV export to our iPhone app right now, and we hope to bring the same feature to Android at some point in the future. For now, you can also export a group’s expenses to a CSV at any time from our website – just go to your group, click the settings button at the top of the right sidebar, and choose “Export as spreadsheet”. Hope that helps!

14. Touch ID for security with optional passcode

Introduce Touch ID for security with optional passcode

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now available on iPhone. To enable, go to the Me tab and click on Passcode. Once you’ve added a passcode, you will be able to use Touch ID or the passcode to unlock the app.

Yep, great idea, it’s on our list of cool things we’d love to do :) Thanks for submitting.

- Jon

15. Show only non-zero balance names on homepage

This one I'm writing only keeping iOS app in mind as I'm not sure other mobile OS's app.

Please provide a feature to not show to settled up contacts on splitwise home page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pin group on the dashboard

When I am on a trip, I am always adding expenses on a particular group.
    Similarly at home, I am mostly using a particular group.

To add an expense, I have to first open the app > open side bar > scroll to that group and select it > then click add expense

Add an option to pin a group on the dashboard to to quickly go to that group and add expense to that group.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: on both mobile platforms we now have a top level group list and hide groups that have been settled up for a while. Hopefully this will make it easier to go to the group before adding an expense.

Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely understand your problem – we’re actually working on some design changes to our app to make it easier to get to your groups quickly. Hopefully those updates will come out soon, but in the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

17. Enable ability to add contacts without inputting email address

Today, I can select my contacts to add to my splitwise group, but I still have to input an email address. Splitwise should autopopulate the email address or allow me to connect with users who are already using splitwise.

using: iOS

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! If you’ve allowed the Splitwise app to access your contacts, then it should autopopulate the email field whenever you try to add someone. If no email address is shown, then you’ve selected a contact without any email address.

18. Currency Selection

Allow multiple currency selections to show only commonly used currencies for travel expenses instead of long list

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. Add TND (Tunisian dinar) to the list of currency

It would be awesome if you can add TND !! Thank you , great great app!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1Password Integration

It would be very simple if the login form had the 1Password integration, this way, users who believe in strong passwords can login conveniently.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: this is now available on iOS!

Thanks for the suggestion – I can definitely see how this would be useful! I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements on iOS.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base