Skip to content

General

80 results found

1. Chars

The charts need to be broken down to groups. When clicked on the particular category, it can show the other expenses in the group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Set reminder date

An email to the group is automatically sent out one the 1st of each month. Our rent is due before that. Can there be a group setting to chose which date an email reminder is sent out each month?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! We don’t plan to add a setting to change the date of our monthly summary email, but we DO have an option to make bills automatically recur, and to send out a reminder email a few days in advance. The next time you add your rent bill, click on the date, and you should see an option to make the bill automatically repeat every month. If you turn that on, then you should also see an additional option to send a reminder several days in advance. Hope that helps!

3. After Payment turn the old bill records to green

I Owe a person in multiple bills, After the payment is done to the respective person. I want the old settled up records to turn green, as they are settled.
    It makes the user pleasant feeling when he/she checks the list is green and settled up so that he need not worry about them.
    I hope this will be a add on feature to "split wise" app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Go back to Billmonk model

I dont understand why splitwise has become so popular, It is the most frustrating websharing site I've used. It is incredibly frustrating to have site that is simple and works incredibly well (billmonk) and clearly be bought out by such a frustrating site.

I feel like this site does nothing but frustrate me. Yes it is simple to add bills and it looks very pretty. But all of the is greatly outweighed by how much frustration it causes. It is especially aggregating when I try to find an alternative only to realize you have bought out any other decent site…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So sorry for the trouble! Splitwise is actually completely unrelated to Billmonk (which was bought by BillPin a few years ago). We think Billmonk was really great – I used to use it myself! – but we definitely have different ideas about certain features, and we don’t intend to copy their model.

If you’d like any help with your specific Splitwise account, feel free to email us at support@splitwise.com and we’d be happy to help out with whatever problems you’re having. Again, apologies for the frustration!

5. Be able to send reminders about a single bill

I'm able to send email reminders about expenses within a group.

But, if I add an individual bill split between people, I'm not able to find an option to send a reminder. Neither can I send a reminder to a person on the consolidated amount he/she owes me across multiple groups and/or bills.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Sorry, I think you just haven’t found the place for it. Click on the “settings” gear on the friend page, and then hit “send reminder” from the list of buttons on the right hand side. It’s a bit hidden (sorry) but it’s there.

Best,
    Jon

6. Able to access images without authentcation

[[ Bug ]]

When I attach an image to a transaction, a unique link is generated for it. People with this link should not be able to view it. Authentication is required.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! This is actually intentional – we think there are situations in which people might want to share links to receipts or attachments with people who are not logged in to Splitwise. URLs for uploads are randomly generated, so it shouldn’t be possible for someone to guess a URL or find your image by accident.

7. Pay with Stripe

Allow payment through stripe - directly enter a credit card on the page instead of going through PayPal. https://stripe.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to clarify: are you suggesting Stripe for P2P payments. i.e. paying back your friend via Stripe? Unfortunately, Stripe doesn’t support those kinds of transfers, and if they did it would involve their standard credit card fees ($0.30 + 3% of the total). For those reasons, we’re unlikely to add Stripe as a payment option. We hope to add other PayPal alternatives, though!

8. Create weekly summaries

It would be great to be able to get weekly summaries rather than monthly ones of the spending in a group, to see how much people have spent and get a weekly budget.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately I don’t see us offering this any time soon: monthly summaries are already very expensive for us to provide, in terms of both server power and email budget.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for using Splitwise!

Zoe

9. Signing up via Google should NOT manage my contacts

I care about my privacy, and I DO NOT want to share my contact list with another (web) app.

I was about to sign up to Splitwise, then I looked at the required permissions, then I declined.

(as in a side note, the Android app also wants to read my contacts, and that's something I do not like either)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hi Denilson,

You can always sign up without using google and we won’t get any contact data from you. Unfortunately, with the Android app, you have to ask for any permission you might conceivably want up front and can’t turn things off by request. The contact integration is very useful for most of our users, so we ask for it on Android.

In either case, we do not store your contact information on our server (outside of you specifically inviting a friend to Splitwise), though we do keep an access token saved so that we can load contact information in your browser when you add friends and bills.

Marshall

10. /login will again ask you to login even if you are logged in

When you hit secure.splitwise.com/login, it will open the sign in page even if you are logged in.
    Ideally it should redirect to home page or some other page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. fix the bug which shows wrong people's name when group is created or when a bill is added

When i created a new group and added my friends, they got notifications that the group had been created by some other random friend in their list and not by me. Same was the case when i added a bill using my android mobile, it showed them that bill with someone else rather than me.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Rishabh – could you email us at support@splitwise.com and let us know (a) your account’s email address and (b) the name of one of your friends that was affected by this bug? We’ve heard of the added-to-group problem (and just released a fix), but you’re the first person to report an issue with adding a bill, and more specific information would help us to chase down the problem and fix it more quickly. Thanks!

12. Groups with hidden expenses

Have an option in groups whereby all expenses in the group are only visible to those involved in an expense. I'm specifically thinking of making a group where I can note down presents, and I'd like to call this group "Presents".

In it, I'd keep track of all previous presents - but as the people I share with begin to use Splitwise, they'd also be able to view the expenses for others in the group - which isn't always so good as they may know each other.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

One of the most important features we intend to keep in Splitwise is to allow users to always be able to check the math on any amount that they owe. Hiding expenses in groups would either interfere with this or with some of our other features.

You can create an expense with multiple people outside of a group (just add all the participants in the With: field of the expense). These expenses are only visible to the participants, so will not be seen by the recipient of the gift.

Marshall

13. have an option to hide my personal upcoming/trending bills from the group. I want my personal bills kept private!

I want to be able to track my personal expenses without the entire group being able to see it! I want to schedule my trending/recurring payments and list the amounts, but keep that info private. I don't like how if I list my personal bills in my account it keeps showing up in the group. Keep my private finances private please!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  14. Not show "Settle All Group" entries groups. It just leaves us all confused when we try to reconcile the payments.

If you really need the "Settle All Groups", please make it internal and not visible to the users. It just confuses the heck out of us when we try to reconcile the payments.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry you find this confusing, but we think it’s very important to show – otherwise, the list of expenses with a given friend/in a given group would not actually add up to the total balance, which seems much more confusing to us. Still, I’ll mention this at our next team meeting and see if we can think of any ways to reduce confusion.

15. Feedback on settle up

I hope the settle up will be better if it should be updated only by the person who pays the money.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We firmly believe anyone should be able to add and edit expenses they are involved in. We are planning got add better history of changes so you can easily who did what when soon. We also have notifications you can add for your account under account settings to get notified when someone adds a payment to you.

Marshall

16. non-modification of payments / expenses = advance/optional features needed

I understand splitwise's desire to make it "Wiki"-like allow all to make changes/edits. However, it really seems crazy for anyone in a group to be able to delete ALL payments/expenses.

Yes, communal editing can be helpful when incorrect posts are made but this, in my mind, doesn't justify universal access by everyone to make changes. In the event of errors, then the poster should be able to delete or modify them. (I'm sure the poster will be notified of the error if it's identified anyhow)

Conversely, once the payer pays his/her debt, the payer should have an icon (like $…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we don’t have plans to change this policy in the near future. We’ve run a variety of tests on different kinds of permissions – restricting edits and deletions, confirming that a payment has been made, etc – and come to the conclusion that more controls of this kind lead to more overall frustration and problems for a greater number of users.

There’s definitely not one right answer to this, and there are some obvious strengths to a more rigid system of permissions, but based on our observations we’ve decided not to go that way for now. We do hope to keep making improvements that (a) make it more obvious when a bill has changed and (b) make it easier to view and revert changes.

I’m really sorry for the trouble! This has been a hard decision for us, and we’re constantly re-evaluating it, but for now at least our…

17. I am not quite sure if your site has the option to divide unequally shared expenses.

I have designed a code for that. If you would like to add it in the future, I would not mind sharing it. :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey divz – we actually support splitting expenses in all sorts of ways, including by percent, by shares, by itemizing, and more. You can access all these by logging in to Splitwise, clicking the “Add bill” button, entering the bill’s description and cost, and then clicking where it says “Split equally” to adjust the split. Thanks for your offer! :)

18. Cancelling an Expense Entry

If I have added an expenses. If the bill I entered is split between me and my friend. If my friend removes the entry then only the amount is adjusted. I would suggest that it should notify me first and then ask me if the entry can be deleted. So in short the one who adds the bill is the admin, then the admin must be asked before removing the bill. If this is not done then I do not get to know if any of my friend has eleted an entry.

Also if there are more than 2 people…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sourabh,

We don’t want to add user permissions to the account. We feel that anyone involved in the bill should be able to fix errors and edit it. We also know this can be problematic in some cases and are planning to do a better job with tracking a history of changes for each bill.

We do have some basic history features on the website (click on the flag in the top bar). We also have notifications you can opt in to for adds, edits and deletes of bills so you can keep track of what’s going on in your account (look in your account settings).

We have had permissions for some things in an earlier version of the app, and found that it was mostly a problem for users instead of a helpful feature.

Marshall

19. Need an excel kind of "Whiteboard"

One of the requirements that we came across is to have a tabular whiteboard, so that the weekend shopping items can be logged in. I feel that it would be better to have a tab for plain text and for a grid layout for whiteboard

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. control locks so that people should not delete expense without anybody elses knowledge

Keep a track of changes done and send an email to all related people about the change in expense like delete or edit !!!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t currently plan to add permissions for editing/deleting bills, but you can turn on email notifications in your user settings to be notified whenever a bill is updated. Additionally, you can view a record of recent activity in your account at any time by clicking the flag icon in the middle of the top of the screen. (It turns orange when there have been changes in your account since your last visit.)

http://feedback.splitwise.com/knowledgebase/articles/89944-why-can-other-people-edit-or-delete-expenses-that-

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base