Skip to content

General

110 results found

1. Add itemized bill editing in the new design

Please add the itemized billing in the new design.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. history - logs

There is no way to see all the history (what if someone edited the amount later on?)

1) I should be able to see all modification done to a transaction
    2) I should be able to see the entire logs of the group (what if a transaction is deleted)
    3) I should be able set a settlement or freeze account thing, so that any new addition are a fresh start and modification to historic data would not influence current settlement , something like starting on fresh excel sheet.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

There is now a recent activity tab which will show you any changes since the last time you looked. There are also detailed comments that get added to expenses when they get changed so you can see what is different.

Marshall

3. Make the description field look more like an input field

I like the new design for inputting bills to split, but the space to put the name of the bill doesn't look like a field I can edit. The first time opened the box, I didn't read that string then was looking for where I could type in the description.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow participants in a transaction to be edited

It should be possible to edit participants after a transaction has been created. Deleting and recreating the transaction is a pain.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete pending invites, move members in groups

Sent an invite to two wrong emails, and now I can't invite the right one. He's already my friend, but there's no way to add him to the group. If there is, its poorly placed. How do I delete a friend?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To delete a friend, go to the friends page on the web app and click on the gear menu by their name. An option to remove the friend should appear.

Similarly, the gear menu for groups has an option to edit the group settings which will allow you to add and remove members.

Marshall

6. Currency Default

It's way to easy to accidentally use the wrong currency. I'm trying to use SW with some of my less tech savvy roommates and I don't think they should have to fiddle with settings in order to use USD by default.

Could you use location info to set defaults automatically? Could there be a dialogue when an account is created asking for currency? Could I set a default currency for all transactions related to a certain group?

Great web app! I'm excited to see where this goes in the future. Keep up the good work.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now automatically set the default currency based on your location and do our best to guess the correct currency when you are adding an expense in a group or friendship that uses multiple currencies.

Marshall

7. edit a bill by adding new member

i paid the rent on 1st and i'm living with two people.i made the entry on 2nd in split wise. Now on 4th a new member joins my house and i want to add his name in rent bill but i cant.
    so should have an interface to add a member in bill as there is option to remove one.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  8. Future settlement plan

If I could use some advance planning feature, like adding next month settlement that I would do.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already add expenses or payments for the future – just change the date when adding items to Splitwise. They’ll show up in your list of expenses immediately, and be included in your total balance. (We don’t plan to support “pending” future expenses that don’t apply to your total balance, as we think that makes it more difficult to understand at a glance why you owe the amount that you owe.)

9. Update email notification

I have subscribed to Email notifications for changes made to expenses.
    When my friend updates an expense, I get a email notification like "Car wash: $12.95' updated by Jack Maynes. A friend just updated ‘car wash’ in the shared tab ‘Toyota Camry’." The problem is that I do not know the transaction details before he updated it. Once he updates the transaction, I have no way of finding out what the value of the transaction was before he updated it.
    For example, if he updates the Car Wash from $22.95 to $12.95, you message only informs me of the new…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show email id when hovering over the display name

Please have a feature to show the email id when you hover over the display name.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 6 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base