Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. love the product

i use both the mobile and webapp. i love splitwise.
    i have disabled adblock on splitwise webpage; while i cant afford to pay for this, i thought i would support you guys atleast in this way...

keep up the good work..

thanks..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. talk to You Need A Budget.

Would be nice to have splitwise handled as a bank account within YNAB. Or within any other budgeting app really. I guess what i'm saying is pretend you're a bank and offer an API which gives third party apps a secure, read-only view of 'transactions'.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show email address of friend on desktop site

I have 2-3 friends with name "Amit", to know which Amit is who, I need to see the details of friend, on Desktop site, I am not seeing email Id of my friend.

This is causing confusion. Though in mobile app, email id of friend is being displayed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Insert a grand total for all expenses for a group

It would be nice to see a grand total of all expenses for individual groups. I realize this can be done by exporting the data then adding it up, but it just seems like an inefficient process that can be eliminated by inserting a simple sum function.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Group totals exist as a feature on both iOS and Android, and on the website, you can see totals in a group by going to “View printable summary” from the month header above your expenses in the list, and choosing “all time” as the date range on the top right corner.

6. Export to excel

There shall be an option of exporting the balances to excel in a similar way as "detailed statement of bank account".

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Send message to the group/friend in the group

We should be able to send a message to the group/friend which is visible to them as a notification/ pop up when they login

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can add comments to expenses, which show up in the recent activity feed when your friend opens the app next. If they have push notification or email notifications for comments turned on, they will also receive one of those.

Marshall

8. Allow users to filter transactions by their name

In a large group, it is difficult to see which transactions you paid for. You need to scroll back through all the transactions to find the specific transaction you are looking for, and even this doesn't quite solve the use case. It would be nice to select a user to see all the transactions he/she recorded (or, optionally, were involved in).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!

Our solution to messaging is expense-based commenting:

As of December 2013, you can add comments to any expense from the web app. An email alert will be sent to everyone on that expense with the content of your comment.

10. Deleting or Hiding Groups

I Know that you Guys are working on this issues.
    I presume that you are working on Hiding Groups instead of Deleting them.

What i wanna suggest is that if you can provide both the options, Deleting & Hididng, it would be good.
    But Deleting should be done only after all the users in that group are Settled Up.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: we now hide groups that have been settled up for at least 40 days. You can also still delete groups.

We’d definitely like a better way to handle the closing/hiding of groups, besides just deleting the group entirely. We’ve got a lot on our to-do list, but we’re hoping to add this feature in the not-too-distant future :)

11. Simplify debts for people not in groups

we love this site and the relates applications both in iOS and android. But what i feel missing is a simpler way shuffle debts between friends that are not in a single group. The simplify debts feature between a group s good and understandable that people know each other, but for expenses that were not added to a group can not be shuffled. Please add a feature where you can shuffle amounts between a group of people.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We actually have a “simplify debts” feature that lets you do a one-time shuffle with friends – it’s on the user settings page under “Advanced features”. We consider it a power-user feature (since it changes people’s balances in a way that can be more difficult to understand than within-group debt simplification), so we don’t encourage most people to use it, but it’s available if you want it!

12. Monthly email reminders

I like the function to email people in the group to remind them to settle up. Our rent is due on a certain day every month. It would be great if there was a setting to select this settle up email to go out automatically on a certain day each month.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By default, there’s a monthly summary email that goes out to all users on the first of the month. You can also set up an automatic reminder email for a specific bill by going into the date settings for that bill – click on the date, then choose a repeat interval, and you should see an option for sending a reminder in advance.

Hope that helps! If you’re looking for something different, or if I’ve misunderstood your suggestion, let us know at support@splitwise.com – we’d love to hear your thoughts :)

13. Go for text ads

Would be great if you can go for text ads...it will be a great chance for u to earn some bucks.. :)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. don't default to split bills, let the user change the default

Right now (Windows 7), I always have to edit the paid by because the default is split, and 99% of the time one of the parties pays the entire thing.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Seperate dates for Bill date and entered date

Need to have a field for Bill date and another one for Date the bill is entered. Otherwise anyone entering an expense can bury an expense in older expenses by putting a really old date on the bill.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We actually do this already – we keep track of when a bill was added to our system, separately from the date that is given for the bill. If you’d like to see a list of recent updates to your account, you can visit https://secure.splitwise.com/#/history, and you’ll see a list of all changes in chronological order (ordered by the date they were added).

16. everything perfect

Very nice app for keeping track of expenses.Especially when you are living with friends on rent it helps to split perfectly.

WONDERFUL IDEA BY THE TEAM

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Plates icon shows a small line when hovered.

I think you need to adjust text-decoration for the anchor tag that carries the Plates icon on the Splitwise dashboard, web.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Undelete expences feature on wesite

There is a feature on splitwise mobile app to undelete the deleted expences but it is not present on website,see if it can be added on wesite also.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show total expense by each member in a group

Sometimes it will be best if you show that "Vikram Spent 350£ total in this group". This will exclude only my expense, not what I paid for others.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base