750 results found

1. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! The activity list has a 1 minute delay after expense adds to make it possible to correct obvious errors before notifications/activity items are added. We’ve had a lot of complaints like yours, though, so we’re considering changing this.

Marshall

2. car sharing

I bought a used car that I use to commute to and from work. My boyfriend will soon be without a car and will use my car whenever he needs to drive somewhere on the weekend when I am not using it. Is there a calculator to determine how much each of us should pay towards insurance, upkeep, etc?

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. add more clearer receipts (clear text)

Hope you guys know the CamScanner's android app, which scans the receipts in an efficient way. (Guess they use an algorithm which makes the text on the receipts to appear more clearer.)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We will keep that program in mind. For now, you can zoom in on Splitwise receipts — hopefully that lets you see everything you need to. Thanks, Zoe

4. Split reimbursements unequally

After a weekend getaway we returned some unused supplies that had already been entered on Splitwise. We split costs using shares (some people were paying for them and their partner's share) and thought we could add reimbursements in a similar fashion. Unfortunately it appears reimbursements may only be shared evenly.

We worked around this by editing the original expense which wasn't as smooth as I've come to expect from Splitwise.

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nikesh,

Thanks for the idea – the workaround you chose makes sense, and sorry / thanks for your patience. We really appreciate your feedback.

I’m going to leave this suggestion as under review to see how many other people are having the issue. Reimbursements are a tricky feature that we are happy to support, but adding additional functionality to them it is not currently a high priority since they are not very commonly used. As a result, I’m sorry I can’t promise a specific place in the roadmap for your suggestion.

Best,
    Jon

5. Improve Search feature

I'm a Pro subscriber and the search is nice, but it only seems to look in the transaction description. I'd also like to be able to search by amount.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom keywords for auto categorization

Splitwise already detects words like "pizza" or "bar" to set a category, but it doesn't know location specifics. Thus would it be great if I were able to set my own keywords like "Shop XYZ" > groceries or "McMurderBuger" > Dining out.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! To be honest, it’s a lot of extra work to create a custom user-by-user system (maybe a good idea for the Pro version?), so that’s not likely in the near term. But if you have suggestions for words to add, please feel to email us at support@splitwise.com or add them to the comments. We also review the system periodically and add new “magic” words when we think of ones to add.

Best,
    Jon

7. Vietnamese

I would need to have Vietnamese translations.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add more payment options

You could have more payment connectors, like apple pay, android pay, debit card. Also, keep an eye for international platforms, I'm an international user and I'd love to use my local payment systems (There's a startup here in Brazil called PicPay, it's a venmo copycat). That would drive adoption A LOT!

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’re definitely interested in adding more payment options! Unfortunately, some of the more well-known options (Apple Pay, Android Pay) don’t currently allow third-party apps to send person-to-person payments, so we haven’t been able to add them yet, but we’re hopeful that those companies will open up their APIs in the future. And non-US payment providers are definitely on our to-do list too! :)

9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble — the tour does get shown every time you log in, even if you’re a returning user. This was the best way to implement it at the time, and users rarely log out so we weren’t too worried about it. Hopefully we can make the logic more sophisticated some day. Regards.

10. adjust the german translations

In the summary of payments with a person or group the app says "Du leihst" in german for things you paid and the other(s) owe you. But "Du leihst" means "You take mony from someone else" whiich is not what you ment, I think. I would suggest a translation "Du zahltest" which means "You paid" :)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Internationalization

Notifications are not localised properly. Looks like the language of a notification depends on the language setting of the user who caused the notification. See: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/391374/WhatsApp%20Image%202016-09-05%20at%2011.52.54.jpeg

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Zoe responded

Yup — this is a limitation of our current internationalization infrastructure. We’d love to improve it some day but it’s not presently on the road map. We’ll update this post when that changes. Sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meanwhile!

12. Integrate with Facebook Payment

The platform is growing fast and it offers the fastest way to get the money paid by your friend to your account. Please support it.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We’re open to doing P2P integrations if they become popular and if the payment system creates a good way for us to build the integration.

I’ll leave this thread open to see how many other people would like FB messenger payments.

Best,
    Jon

13. add autocomplete (from keyboard) from currencies USD

currently inserting bills in other currencies than USD is painful.
    I would like to click on "$" sign and quickly type e.g. EUR, PLN, GBD or something and press enter to have this currency used.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  14. Use the same format for 'details' version of payments -

In the product today there are 2 ways to view who needs to pay what to someone else.
    1- Hovering over the person's summary page on the right hand side
    2- Clicking on 'see details' underneath everyone's summary

The visualization for Hover is a million times easier to understand than when clicking 'get details', but I have to click 'get details' because otherwise I can't see all of the payments that need to happen all at once.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Export improvement (layout, total expense and CSV compatibility)

As in Webapp, the CSV export is not useful : there is no total expense, and no detail of repartition. I recommend finding example on the ShareTheBill app with an excellent export tool, and wonderfull layout (i have example on old holidays data);

In France, CSV is not well recognized because of separator trouble, and a replacement in text editor is not enough because also the decimal will be changed... Could it be options to define separators before?

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Have you taken a look at the monthly PDF export for groups on the website? The csv export is meant as a simple summary, not something that would include lots of details.

Marshall

16. make the currency conversion function better

make it easier to convert to different currencies. Why only "home currency"?

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! For now, you can always convert into a different currency by temporarily changing your default currency to something else, using the “convert” function, and then changing your default currency back.

17. Payment Repeat

I would to have an option to repeat a payment for a certain number of times.
    For instance, repeat $10 for 5 months.
    As of now, I am not able to restrict the number of installments to repeat

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea, thanks for the suggestion!

I’m leaving your idea as “under review” to see if others have the same request. Our repeating expenses system could definitely be improved in several ways, but to be honest, doing so isn’t on the medium term roadmap at the moment.

Best,
    Jon

18. Override language settings using an in-app language selector

It would be great if the default language which is currently preset by phone settings can be overwritten using an in-app language selector.
    Thanks!

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now possible on iOS 13! Go to the Settings app and find Splitwise in the list near the bottom. You can choose the language for the app separately from your main phone language. You may also need to change the setting in the Splitwise app as well in your Account settings as we keep a separate language setting for notifications that doesn’t always update automatically right now.

Thanks for the suggestion and sorry if you prefer to use Splitwise in English when the rest of your phone is another language. We haven’t seen any other apps that allow you to do this, and it would be fairly difficult for us to build, so this is not something we’re going to be able to do in the near term. That said I’m leaving this “under review” in case a lot of other users would like us to build…

19. View-Only link

I often create groups with members who do not have an account and enter their expenses myself. My workflow right now is to print the overview and send a PDF in the end. That PDF is a bit overwhelming.

Having a link that allows to view all the things in a group would be great. That link could also be used as an invitation link.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful for groups with “dummy” members (though we do generally encourage people to include email addresses when adding other group members, so that those other people can simply log in to Splitwise themselves). A view-only mode isn’t on our roadmap yet, but I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for the future.

20. have a search option in settle up

It sucks when you have a lot of ppl on splitwise and you have scrol through it when you are looking for the name of the person you are "settling up" with(by clicking the settle up button on the dashboard)
    So having a search text box on top would be great

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! For now, you could try using the “filtering” search field in the left sidebar – just type in the name of the person you want to settle with, then click their name in the left sidebar, and then click the “Settle up” button as usual. Splitwise will automatically fill in that person as the person you’re settling up with.

1 2 8 10 12 37 38

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base