Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. Apply payment directly to expense/pay for individual items

When a payment is made, you should be able to select the associated expense(s) & enter a $ amount to which expense the payment should be applied to.

985 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

An update: we’re still not planning to add the concept of a payment for a specific bill or a specific expense. We’ve left this idea under review for many years, but we’re not convinced it’s the right idea for Splitwise. We think focusing on a total balance makes things simpler in most cases. This is also how a bank balance works.

Here’s two potential work-arounds if you’re not satisfied:

1. Let’s say you want to set things up so you can see if people have specifically paid for a certain bill, or for a certain month of expenses. You can create a group just for that bill or month – then, when viewing that group, you will only see balances owed from that specific bill or set of bills.

2. Once you pay an amount and want to keep track of it being for a certain bill, you could use…

2. Windows 10 Universal App

Please support Windows 10 by creating an official Splitwise universal app. A universal app is capable of running on ALL Windows 10 devices (desktop PCs, tablets, phone and Xbox) with one single set of code.

901 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Track Personal Expenses

Can we improve this so that we can use this to track our personal expenses instead? Just have another option for bill that we pay for ourselves and then this will double as a personal expense tracker easily! This made it easier so that I don't need another app for tracking expense, especially when another person made the payment on my behalf :P

835 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d love to make Splitwise better for tracking personal expenses (though we’re mostly focused on splitting for the time being). For now, your best bet is probably to make a new group for personal expenses, with yourself as the only member.

4. Allow custom categories

User defined categories that do not fit into default categories

669 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We aren’t planing to add support for custom categories in the near future. We’re considering better ways to allow people to sort expenses into categories other than the ones we’ve provided. In the meantime, if there are particular important categories you feel are missing, feel free to email us with a suggestion at support@splitwise.com.

5. let people settle with bitcoins.

I know I'm a nerd obsessed with bitcoin but it would be cool. Expensify, wordpress.com, reddit.com, okcupid, and easyDNS have integrated with bitcoin so it's not as fringe as it may seem.

Love your service by the way.

647 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re definitely considering Bitcoin! We think cryptocurrencies are fascinating (seriously, we’ve held a Providence meet-up about them), and it’s something on our list of possible improvements for the future.

6. Add friends without email address or phone number

I know that it might be a user acquisition choice, but it is very annoying to not be able to add someone with just their name (i.e. with no email address or phone, so that they don't receive an invite).
    I find that the user experience is affected a lot by this and I am switch back to another app because of this despite how good splitwise is overall.

There are indeed several use cases where I would like to add people without contact details:
    - At a specific event, for example a party where I need to enter the…

625 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    105 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the detailed feedback – it’s always useful to hear, and I’ll pass it on :)

One small feature you may not be aware of: on our website, Splitwise does allow you to add group members without email addresses, which hopefully helps for the “large party” scenario. My apologies that the same feature isn’t available on our mobile apps!

7. Edit friends name.

I want to edit the name of my friend as I want it so that i can distinguish between them and find out who he is looking at his name as some of my friends have the same name it is really becoming tough for me.

463 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this would be a huge help for people who have many friends with the same name who refuse to add their last name to their accounts! This isn’t on our roadmap yet, but it’s something we’ll consider in the future.

8. is it possible to integrate UPI (UNIFIED PAYMENT SYSTEM) for Indian users ??

UPI is a payment method introduced in India to transact between users and organisation. it would simplify the transactions between users if that can be integrated to Splitwise ✌

458 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    111 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for suggesting UPI as a payment method. We’re looking into UPI, and would like to know your thoughts on how you’d like Splitwise to support UPI:

- Integrate with a UPI app like BHIM or PhonePe
    - Integrate with your banking app
    - Let you send money to a virtual address, phone #, or IFSC from within Splitwise
    - Something else?

Please let us know in the comments!

9. user may opt to clear recent activity

let the user decide whether recent activity need to be cleared.

425 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bank account details somewhere/anywhere

Hi. Liking this service so far.

Its nice keeping track of debts, however, it is not much use not knowing how to pay it. (Not everyone uses paypal).

In UK and Australia, someone just needs bank account details to do a transfer. Would be nice either to have one or all of the following:

1. My own account details available for my friends to see. Even if not in their own fields, maybe in a "other info" memo type field.

2. Or be able to put my own comments on my friends so I can make a note of their account details.…

419 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    161 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Storing bank account #s is unfortunately tricky, as there are some serious security concerns around bank #s here in the US and in some other countries. Still, we’d like to do it if possible. It’s not on our roadmap yet, but we’re definitely considering it for the future.

11. Integrate with Mint.com

Is there anyway you can make Splitwise interface with mint.com? I understand this might be a weird idea because Splitwise is not a bank :) But mint is a great app to keep track of monthly expenses. It tracks the expenses from the bank account. I keep thinking how great it would be if somehow my Splitwise account could be registered in mint.com. That would make the data in mint so much more usable for me. All the proper transactions from Splitwise can be available there.

I say this because mint fails now because of situations like when I pay…

387 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Post a bill only once the posted date for the bill has arrived

When I enter a date for a bill, I want it such that the totals are updated only once the bill date has arrived. Like for example if my friend before posting the bill owed me $0. Now if I post a shared bill for say $50 and I have kept its date as 5 days in the future. I want the app to reflect that my friend owes me $25 5 days in the future, not immediately. Right now, the way the app works is that, it would have reflected that my friend owes me $ 25 right now.

368 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Updating this because it’s been a while! We still haven’t added this to our roadmap.
    As we mentioned we’ve found in testing that this behavior ends up confusing people, which is why we’ve chosen not to add it so far.

We’ll continue to leave this under review for further voting and comments.

13. Managing recurring expenses

Our monthly electricity bill went up by a couple of euros, so I needed to change the recurring expense that I had setup for this. Although this is possible the process is a bit confusing. I'd suggest providing an overview of scheduled recurring expenses, separate from the list of expenses that have already been created as a result from these schedules, which is what I was looking for because I didn't really want to touch any previous expenses.

359 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    62 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We agree that managing recurring bills could be better. Currently, the way to edit recurring bills is to change the most recent copy and that will change ones that follow. It will not affect the past expenses.
    We’re considering how to improve this, and will leave this under review for now.

14. "A copy bill" function

E.g. we get cable bill every month. Itemize it because different people want special features etc. Like 10 items typically in the bill. Usually the same but sometimes get PPV. Pain in the butt to re-enter every time. Should be able to copy a bill and use it as a foundation for a new bill.

324 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a neat idea! We have “reoccurring bills” but I can see how “duplicate this specific bill once, now” would be a useful functionality to add. We will consider this as we continue to improve Splitwise. Regards

15. Set default currency for groups instead of profile

At the moment the default currency option is tied with your profile. It would be better if it used a default currency for a certain group, and then let the user change it if they wish.

I.E. I live in Australia so normally it would be best if I was paid in AUD, but since I am now staying long term in the US, I would rather be paid back in USD instead.

There is also no option to change the currency of a bill or payment.

309 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can definitely see how this would be useful for certain types of groups, especially travel. For now, you can always temporarily change your default currency from your account settings page (though I realize that’s not the best solution). Apologies for the trouble!

16. 283 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. to integrate with 'PayMe by HSBC'.

Connect with 'PayMe by HSBC' (https://payme.hsbc.com.hk/), for Hong Kong users to send and receive payments.

262 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Zelle as a method to settle up.

Zelle as a method to settle up would be a great way to transfer money for your users.

261 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 250 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Updating since it’s been a while. Currently Square Cash does not have an API that we can use to integrate. At this point we would need Square Cash to change in order for us to do the integration.

20. Ability to auto charge interest on a periodical basis

Add the ability to charge interest on the balance of a group on a recurring basis. Even simple interest instead of compounding interest would be OK.

227 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of September 2016, we don’t currently have any plans to add features for charging interest. We can definitely see how it’d be useful in some circumstances, especially for large debts, but right now we think it would add too much complexity and require us to redesign some significant parts of our user experience.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base