750 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This makes a lot of sense. Personally, I’m not happy with the experience of adding people to a group, and you can expect to definitely see some improvements in this area in a future release.

2. To have Pie Chart for Dashboard Chart View

Currently we have Bar Chart. I would be better if we have Pie Chart Over there. It will be convenient for Viewing also.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. Put the frequently used currencies on top

Me and my boyfriend are both belgian (euro), i am living in the UK (gbp) and he is living in the us (usd). This means we use these three currencies very often. When I add something in splitwise, the default currency is euro, and i have to scroll down a lot before I find the gbp or dollar. Something similar for my boyfriend. It would be very convenient if these three currencies would be on top of the list instead of in the middle of the alphabetical list.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. car sharing

I bought a used car that I use to commute to and from work. My boyfriend will soon be without a car and will use my car whenever he needs to drive somewhere on the weekend when I am not using it. Is there a calculator to determine how much each of us should pay towards insurance, upkeep, etc?

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dummy Users for simplified splitting

I suggest you to add functionality to add dummy users. For example if I am going on a trip and some persons unknown to me are present. As per current system I have to invite them and have to add to my friend list. I am suggesting to have option to add dummy user without any invite so that expenses can be split equally among number of people present on tour but not my friends. Admin must have right to make any group with N numbers of users with his choice of name so that he can easily manage the…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We currently support adding dummy users to a group on the web only. When you create a new group (or go to an existing group’s settings page), you should be able to add group members that have a name, but no email address. Hope that helps!

7. Facebook Group integration

It would be wonderful if Splitwise could integrate with a Facebook Group so that all members of a group became part of a Splitwise group too.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you could try using the “share an invite link” function, which gives you a link that anyone can use to join the group. On the web, you can get this link by going to the group’s settings page, then clicking on “Send your friends an invite link” above the list of group members. Hope that helps!

8. View-Only link

I often create groups with members who do not have an account and enter their expenses myself. My workflow right now is to print the overview and send a PDF in the end. That PDF is a bit overwhelming.

Having a link that allows to view all the things in a group would be great. That link could also be used as an invitation link.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful for groups with “dummy” members (though we do generally encourage people to include email addresses when adding other group members, so that those other people can simply log in to Splitwise themselves). A view-only mode isn’t on our roadmap yet, but I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for the future.

9. have a search option in settle up

It sucks when you have a lot of ppl on splitwise and you have scrol through it when you are looking for the name of the person you are "settling up" with(by clicking the settle up button on the dashboard)
    So having a search text box on top would be great

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! For now, you could try using the “filtering” search field in the left sidebar – just type in the name of the person you want to settle with, then click their name in the left sidebar, and then click the “Settle up” button as usual. Splitwise will automatically fill in that person as the person you’re settling up with.

10. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Bitcoin is not often used on Splitwise but we would like our currency handling to be better as some currencies do not even have decimal points and some countries use commas. We’ll add this to the list of ways to make currencies more flexible but it’s not possible to say at this time when we’ll be able to implement it.

11. Force Touch Request: Settle Up

It would be great to have a feature where similarly to the "Add Bill" Force Touch feature on iOS home pages, if you could force touch and go straight to "Settle Up"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This would be a great addition to the home screen quick actions on iOS. Right now only a small portion of our iPhone users have force touch / quick actions, so it’s not a priority for us, but it’s something we’d like to add to in the future!

12. Create a payment by sharing a picture/document from Android

Allow adding a doc/pic as attachment to a new payment by using the share button on android and choosing Splitwise.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. help users plan for the future, and integrate group and personal accounts more smoothly

I want to preface this by saying that I think your work is great, and I'm giving you this feedback because SplitWise is obviously a powerful tool with a lot of potential -- and I want to help you harness that potential for good. At the moment, SplitWise is enabling consumer debt rather than combating it, and I want to share my personal experience of how I'm watching that play out. Unless you're in cahoots with those who make their money off of consumer debt and are therefore doing this on purpose, read on!

Using SplitWise actually makes it much…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So sorry for the trouble, and thanks for the thorough feedback!

I agree that Splitwise isn’t very good at budgeting right now – we help people keep an accurate record of how much they owe each other, but we don’t do much to rein in total spending or to coordinate spending by multiple individuals. We’d definitely like to add more budgeting-conscious features in the future, so hopefully that’s something we can work on!

For now, we do have a few features that may help you with basic budgeting tasks:
    - On the web, you can view a category-by-category breakdown for each month’s spending. Go to a group, then click the “Trends” button at the top of the right sidebar, and then click the “More details” link in the sidebar.
    - On our mobile apps, you can get a quick look at a group’s total spending on the “Group totals” screen.…

14. Redenomination of Belarussian ruble.

In July 2016 a new Belarusian ruble will be introduced, at a rate of 1 new ruble = 10,000 old rubles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarusian_ruble#Third_ruble.2C_since_2016)

Are you guys have plans to support stuff like that? I mean can it be automatically converted when redenomination is finished?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This use case is a first for Splitwise and provides some unique challenges. We are looking at what can be done to support this change, but want to do it in a way that doesn’t cause confusion amongst existing users. Suggestions are welcome.

15. List of expanses, categories with different colours

I share this app for the flat with my boyfriend and it would be useful to have a simpel list with all the expanses that we have, to know at the end of the month how much we spent.
    Within this list it would be great to be abel to put the expanses into different categories and give them different colours therefor.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m curious, what kind of categorization are you looking at? We already support categorizing expenses by type – entertainment, food & drink, home, life, transportation etc with lots of subcategories.

If you have a request for specific category to be added, you can reach out to us at support@splitwise.com

16. If you use "split equally" remove the checkbox-feature.

I came across multiple people who put expenses as split equally but unchecked themselves from the expense. It's a very sneaky thing to do and you have to manually check the expense. So if you add people to an expense and you choose to split equally the ability to remove people should be more clear, like putting a warning on the activity like "split equally among unequal people" or something.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! I can see how this would be easy to miss if used maliciously, though it is also an intentional feature. (In some groups, it’s quite common for people to add bills that don’t involve themselves.)

17. sum of expenses by type

hello :) I think it could be nice if you could summarize your expenses by type (e.g. liquors or entertrainment) :)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a very basic version of this on our website right now (under “Trends” in the right sidebar), as well as on iPad. Hopefully it’s something we can bring to more devices in the future!

18. seen by feature

imclude a feature which shows that the bill is seen by how many of the roomamates and who has seen the bill

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. make the currency conversion function better

make it easier to convert to different currencies. Why only "home currency"?

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! For now, you can always convert into a different currency by temporarily changing your default currency to something else, using the “convert” function, and then changing your default currency back.

20. Slack Integration

It would be great for teams (corporate or otherwise) to use a slack integration to keep track of SplitWise data. Slack is one of the top most platforms where most of us are always on - any plans to get that integration done?

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base