Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Ability to add secret bills

Recently, another housemate and I split the cost of a birthday present for our other housemate. I added this expense, labeling it "bday present," hoping that the third roommate doesn't realize that this was indeed his birthday present, and he can now see exactly how much we spent.

It would be great if you could add a bill, but keep it secret from another housemate. I feel like things like this happen all the time with housemates, with birthdays and all, and this would keep all the expenses in one place without letting the cat out of the bag.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

I’m not sure if completed is the right mark here, but the correct way to do “secret” bills in the system is to do them as friends outside of a group. We are planning to make the balances and expenses in groups and friendships more integrated in our next version, which should make this process a lot less annoying than it is at the moment.

Marshall

2. not link photos to gravatar

Unable to upload picture.

1. Start on Account Settings page
    2. Under photo, Select Browse
    3. Navigate to photo of your liking
    4. Select Open
    5. Note that image link is in box, but the button that is available still says browse.

Expected: new photo is updated or the option says "save/upload"

Actual: nothing happens... if you click on image it keeps bringing you to a signup service for gravatar.

Comments: Honestly, I don't want to signup for another thing. Thanks...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. to include the settling up function in the mobile app as well.

I am very mch impressed by Splitwise and its use for students especially. The "Settle Up" function in the web version is the best feature. But this feature is not included in the mobile application (iOS). As we students heavily depend on mobiles for day to day activities, it would be great addition and improvement to the application.

Thank you once again

Azhar

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Why can't I edit the participants once I have entered a bill?

Why is there no option to change the participants in a bill? For ex, if i add a bill with 3 other friends but want to add 1 more friend or remove one of the 3, there is no option for that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Itemized Billing

When we often buy grocery, Out of the 3 of us, 2 of share a commodity and the third guy doesn't. Would be great if we could have some feature to enter that w/o using a calculator.

Sid

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure wether to mark this as completed or declined. We have finished this on web, but do not have plans to bring this to the mobile apps. That screen is very hard to design on small screens.

Marshall

6. simplify debts

there should be otion to revert simplify debts. I clicked that button by mistake but there is no easy wayaround to revert

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Debt simplification between selected participants

1. Currently debt simplification just considers all possible mutual friends to simplify the payments. It would be good to have an option to select the friends among whom I want to simplify the debts.

2.Also the current debt simplification is very ambiguous. After a shuffle I have to search in each friend's account to see who owes whom and whom do I owe. It would be good to have a simple display/note that shows the before/after of the debt simplification without needing to go into each friend's account.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

This isn’t quite completed (I intend to improve how debt simplifications show up in the list a little more), but if you go to the all expenses list after adding a debt simplification, all the simplifications will show up there.

Marshall

8. Currency conversion

When I went to Cancun, I charged/paid for things at different locations and at each location, there was a different exchange rate for the peso to USD. I would like to suggest a way to set the exchange rate for each item when doing a "trip" group. I ended up having to manually calculate the conversion and split it up each night for a group of 16.

321 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Currency conversion is now included with our premium version, Splitwise Pro (https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe). Right now, it’s a web-only feature, but we hope to add it to our mobile apps in the future!

On the web, if you click on a friend or group in the left sidebar, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, you’ll see an option to convert all transactions with that friend/group to your default currency, using the current market exchange rate. You’ll also see a suggestion to convert currencies appear automatically when viewing a group with balances in multiple currencies.

Hope this helps a bit! We’d definitely like to continue improving multiple currency support over time – I can’t say how quickly that will happen, as we’re a very tiny team, but it remains on our to-do list for the future. If you have suggestions or feedback, feel free to…

9. Summary

There should be a summary of the total expenses to be paid for and to be collected and NET.

Somewhere in the app you need to display TOTAL to be paid, TOTAL to be collected and the NET status.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. hi, I would love to be add pictures of receipts from the camera roll. Also, being able to edit friends info within the app

Hi, I would love to be add pictures of receipts from the camera roll. Right now, the app only allows you to take pictures on the spot. You cannot use the ones from your camera roll.

Also, we cannot edit friends info on the app. If we select a wrong eail adress it cannot be edited/changed on the app. We have to login online to do so. So being able to edit friends email addresses within the app would be great too!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Person wise History

I Maintain a similar system on Microsoft Excel, and one feature that I really like in maintaining on excel is it gives me a history of all expenses one person has made.

As of now, splitwise does not give person wise expense history. I would like to see a person wise split, which would show each persons split of the expense and a total sum of the month.

Also the pdf monthly report is faulty, needs to be fixed.

The Graphs are refreshed every month, there should be a menu to select the month for the graphical expense display.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added a number of ways to look at person-to-person history since this suggestion was originally posted – export to spreadsheet, printable monthly summaries, etc – so I’m going to mark this as completed. If you’re still looking for different ways to look at your history, please start a new forum post and let us know what you’re looking for. We’re always curious to hear new suggestions!

12. view as list

Everytime i Open, i need to select "view as list" option.
    Instead remember what I had clicked last, instead of defaulting to View graph.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. Total Owed/Need to Pay display

On the front page, display the total sum of amount I need to Pay others and Total amount of that others owe me.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Rotate who pays the extra penny when the bill cannot be split evenly.

When the bill cannot be split evenly between people in a group, why should the guy on top of the alphabetical order of the group members always have to pay the extra penny. Say the bill is $10. when split between 3 people, it gets divided as $3.34, $3.33 and $3.33. Now $3.34 is always the share of the guy whose name starts with an A or the guy with a name high on the alphabetical order list. This is not fair. Please correct this. (Should be simple to implement right?) With my name starting with an A, I almost…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We now randomly assign the extra penny on all platforms, though on iPhone, the entire remainder gets assigned to one person randomly instead of more correctly splitting it. I don’t think tweaking this further is a high priority for us, and this should eventually be correct.

Marshall

15. On the Divide a Bill box, remember what is entered in the first two boxes.

Once I enter amount and description, if I go and add people the entered information is cleared. Please remember the information or change the layout so that adding people is done first.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bigger pop up menu

Enlarge the size of add bill pop up menu. Itemized bills makes it harder to enter amount as it uses horizontal scrollbars

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include a breakdown on who owes you what on the mobile app front page.

When viewing my group on the iOS app I am presented with the total of what everyone owes or is owed. It would be great to only show what I am owed or what I owe others. I'm not really interested in what the total is for everyone else at first glance, mainly just what I owe others or what others owe me.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Why can I no longer see the aggregate receivables or amount due in the dashboard?

This was there before, and now you've taken it away. :( All it took was one glance to see how much I was owed or how much I had to return to others in total.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option in Balances -> view as list

Like the view as chart page... the view as list page can have a drop down list box... which lets you display only open transaction and hide all the other persons. Right now, the view as list displays all my friends including the ones that I have settled up with. There can be an option which says "list only open transaction members"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: We added filters to the mobile apps to do this and we also hide friends/groups you have been settled up with for at least 30 days in most places.

We are currently in the process of redoing how our friendships and groups are presented to our users. I think being able to parse this information and hide the friends/groups that don’t have any balance is a great idea.

20. Spliting expense per day basis.

We have been using Splitwise for quite a while now. This is the situation that we have to deal with:
    One of out roommate has a job where he has to travel so often and usually he just stays 3 days a week at home.
    Now, portion of the rent is clear: pay whatever the share is.
    But for other shared expenses like groceries, utilities we account him for the number of days he stayed.
    Which lead us to formula: calculate one day amount for all shared expenses total monthly expense and dived ( no days one stayed * expense…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added expense by shares in the website interface, so you could now split your utilities by shares for each day you are in the apartment.

We will not be adding admin or locking controls to the group, though you can register for emails on expense changes in your account settings if you are worried about housemates cause issues with this. We also track deletions.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base