Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Make the app better for those on a budget

For budgeting purposes, it would be nice if you could do two things:
    1) Let us mark a specific charge as "paid". I know you can settle up with that amount, but the specific bill you paid still shows up
    2) Allow categories within a group (i.e. groceries, rent, gas, etc. for my apartment group)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Your first suggestion is a common and popular one. You can see our response to it and give it an upvote here: https://splitwise.uservoice.com/admin/forums/162446-general/suggestions/2890783-apply-payment-directly-to-expense-pay-for-individu
    Your second suggestion exists already! You can input bills into categories within groups by clicking the category icon when adding a new bill. You can view trends in group expenses by category on the web by clicking the “Trends” button in the right-hand side bar.

2. A Notepad in each group.

To keep track of things that we need to buy. Every member of a Group can add/edit the list synced across all devices.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    188 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We have a feature called Whiteboard that would allow you to keep track of things like this. This feature is now available on all platforms!

You can start a Whiteboard from the menu in the header of a group in our mobile apps. Or, from the menu in the right-hand sidebar of a group on the web.

3. Allow partial payments

sometimes my friends pay x out of (x+y) amount. I need an option to record partial payments

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. add everyone functionality and expansion of that functionality

I went on a trip with 11 friends. They all joined splitwise and are in my event. When I add an expense I still have to manually add 11 people to each expense. it's ruining the user experience. add all function for people that are part of the event. in the future possibly create favorites list etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for your feedback! We do have that. When you go to add an expense, type the name of the group rather than any of the people in the “With you and” field.

5. common expenses but no spilt required.

like me and my husband started living in a house and expenditure are being spilt equally. but some time just to track expenditure with the intention of not dividing it (like purchase of some décor items) . i wan to track not split in the group. please add option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Icon for cats

It would be awesome to have an icon for cat expenses (and maybe other pets aswell). As the song says: https://youtu.be/sP4NMoJcFd4

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We actually do have an existing “Pets” category (under “Home”), but I know its icon looks more like a dog than a cat. We probably won’t add a separate category just for cats, but maybe the next time we update our icons, we’ll pick an icon that’s more feline-friendly :)

7. Show email address of friend on desktop site

I have 2-3 friends with name "Amit", to know which Amit is who, I need to see the details of friend, on Desktop site, I am not seeing email Id of my friend.

This is causing confusion. Though in mobile app, email id of friend is being displayed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm…Splitwise already keeps track of currencies separately (e.g. “you owe $50 + you owe £20”), so I’m not sure what happened here. If you continue to have issues, please contact us at support@splitwise.com and include screenshots of the problem that you’re seeing – that should help us determine what’s going wrong and help us get it straightened out for you.

9. Would be great if there was a 'select all' button in travel. Bit frustrating having to select everyone manually.

(de)select all in the travel calculator section - frustrating having to manually select everyone, especially if you have to change numbers around.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for he feedback! We do have checkboxes for each person that should select/deselect that person for each row. Is this not what you’re looking for?

Marshall

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Pro users to view who deleted entries.

I help run a large group house and recently believe someone deleted their rent charge. It would be great if we could see the user that did it to make sure.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sub-Total per month

I would like if you can add a subtotal per month on the different expenses. Maybe also graphics on for example, % of monthly expenses by category

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! On our website, if you look on the right side menu of a friend of group, you should see a trends menu, with “view full trends” at the bottom which should show you this information.

Cheers,
    Marshall

14. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ..have a glass of wine because your site is AMAZING!!!!

Simply amazing, saved me hundreds of hours!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Future expense tat everyone hve to giv

It wil be great if u can add n option to add the expense tat is coming for future ! Lik rent tat every member should pay 2200 each on march 1st

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

This feature already exists in Splitwise! You can add a bill with a future date, and you can also schedule a bill to repeat in the future every week, every fortnight, every month, etc.

17. New method to pay rent

Say I have 5 people (A B C D E) in my room. The monthly rent is 1000 $. There would be no issues if they all stay for an entire month. But the real issue arise when people stay for a few days and then leave and then come back again.

Say (A-C) are staying all 30 days
    D stayed for the first 15 days
    E for the first 5 and then last 5 days.

What I usually do in these cases are split the rent like this

Feb rent (first 5 days) = (1000/30)5 for A B

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! You should be able to do this with split by shares in the app – just add a share for each day each person will be in the apartment.

Marshall

18. Aplicaciones en familia no compatible

Sería necesario que en la configuración del iPhone de "aplicaciones en familia" se pudieran crear diferentes usuarios de la familia, solo detecta 1 miembro, aunque pertenezcan a la familia 2 o 3. Es posible crear varios usuarios de la familia?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Puedes usar “divide por cuotas” para compartir gastos entre familias. Por ejemplo, puedes dar 3 cuotas de un gasto a la persona que representa una familia de 3. Saludos

19. Dashboard Improvement

When a user clicks on a friend's name in dashboard, only the expenses including logged in user and that friend should be displayed instead of all expenses. This will help in faster tracking of balance between two members.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)