672 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Dashboard individual summary

Currently it shows all the friends under one table. Also, Dashboard gives a summary of total I am owed. It should rather give 3 rows when a

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve settled on the current dashboard design. I can’t tell if we actually addressed your issue or not, but I think we did, so I’m marking this completed. Let us know if I’m wrong.

Marshall

3. Net Debts and Expected returns

Hi, in the dashboard, it would be really nice if I could see the total of how much I owe people and how much people owe me. Just a text in green about the amount that I am owed and in red about the amount that I owe

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option in Balances -> view as list

Like the view as chart page... the view as list page can have a drop down list box... which lets you display only open transaction and hide all the other persons. Right now, the view as list displays all my friends including the ones that I have settled up with. There can be an option which says "list only open transaction members"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: We added filters to the mobile apps to do this and we also hide friends/groups you have been settled up with for at least 30 days in most places.

We are currently in the process of redoing how our friendships and groups are presented to our users. I think being able to parse this information and hide the friends/groups that don’t have any balance is a great idea.

5. Why can I no longer see the aggregate receivables or amount due in the dashboard?

This was there before, and now you've taken it away. :( All it took was one glance to see how much I was owed or how much I had to return to others in total.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. view as list

Everytime i Open, i need to select "view as list" option.
    Instead remember what I had clicked last, instead of defaulting to View graph.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Why can't I edit the participants once I have entered a bill?

Why is there no option to change the participants in a bill? For ex, if i add a bill with 3 other friends but want to add 1 more friend or remove one of the 3, there is no option for that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to add secret bills

Recently, another housemate and I split the cost of a birthday present for our other housemate. I added this expense, labeling it "bday present," hoping that the third roommate doesn't realize that this was indeed his birthday present, and he can now see exactly how much we spent.

It would be great if you could add a bill, but keep it secret from another housemate. I feel like things like this happen all the time with housemates, with birthdays and all, and this would keep all the expenses in one place without letting the cat out of the bag.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure if completed is the right mark here, but the correct way to do “secret” bills in the system is to do them as friends outside of a group. We are planning to make the balances and expenses in groups and friendships more integrated in our next version, which should make this process a lot less annoying than it is at the moment.

Marshall

9. keep up the good work

this site is awesome and has made my life so much easier--thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the super-long delay in responding!

Changing your default currency in your user settings only affects the currency for future expenses. If you’d like to change the currency for all your past expenses, visit your user settings page on the web and click “[convert all past expenses to (your currency here)]”.

11. Make it simpler to remove a person from an expense

Sometimes when I register a bill for my group, I choose to split it itemwise, and one or more members of the group didn't participate in the bill. It takes far too much clicking to remove these members from the bill. I would like it to be easier to remove members from the entire bill.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can actually remove a person from an itemized bill for all items by clicking on their name in the top column. Unfortunately, you have to do this after you have entered all items, which is annoying. We plan to have a completely revamped version of the bill entry stuff sometime this month, so please check in again after we redo that and see if it works more correctly then.

Marshall

12. add an option to see the unsimplified or the un-settled-up who-owes-who.

Currently I am able to see the simplified or the settled up amounts in the who-owes-who section... It would be good to see the original amounts, or to have the option to settle up only on demand...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Merging Expenses from Multiple Households

if same people are involved in two different houses (or even if few people are common), there should be an option to merge the expenses from both households if people wanted to...that would make it more convenient

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re using the same email address for a person in two different houses, then that person should be able to see all of their combined debts on the web, either by viewing the “All expenses” screen or looking at their account summary on the Dashboard. We hope to bring those features to our mobile apps very soon!

14. Make groups and individual bills clear

On dashboard, showing as i shud get money from some X. when clicking on that person showing that "i need to pay him"... confusing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This should be much clearer now. The only case that is still difficult is looking at the group-only balances, which can still be difficult to interpret. Please let us know if this is still difficult for you.

Marshall

15. Study bill monk's algo and implement a similar syste.

When a person adds a bill to a group with x number of people, the algo doesn't adjusts the amount those x individuals already owe the person. This is a bug. Ex- if I owe you $2 and you add a bill to a group that has only you and me as members for say $5. The algo shows that I now owe to only $2.5 rather than $4.5 I owe you in total.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Edit again: Whoops, looks like I missed your response. The web interface should be showing this update. Can you submit a support ticket with the specific case you’re seeing it be incorrect?

Edit: I haven’t heard back, so I’m declining this.

Is this on the mobile apps or the web?

Marshall

16. travel icon

The travel icon being a gas tank is a little confusing. I fly on a plane, yes they also take fuel but it would be nice to have a different travel category icon for expenses. I love your app and website. Starting to use this more and more.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include encoding for international characters

ÅÄÖ and åäö only displays "?"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. good layout

the layout is very good now.. PLZ DO NOT CHANGE NOW!! also the old problem of 1 person owing diff amounts in one-to-one and in grp has been merged to one single amount... goodd!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’re glad you like the improvements! We can’t promise the layout will stay exactly the same forever, though – we still think that there’s more we can do to improve. We’d love to hear your comments and suggestions any time, so feel free to email us at support@splitwise.com if you have anything you’d like to say :)

19. Ability to add what a group owes to a person

So, some of your friends are just way too lazy to add their bills online. It would be nice if I had the ability to add a bill on behalf of another person

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You should be able to change the person you are adding the bill on behalf of in the main expense add window. Maybe I misunderstood what you want to have happen?

Marshall

20. Show group balance summary on group page

I use Splitwise with a rather large group of people and we rarely settle up completely. We just take turns in who is going to pay to make sure no one owes too much or is owed too much.

To do so, the group page is key. Opening it used to give, in a simple glance, a way to see every individual balance for all group members. It was easy to know who would have to pay the next rounds!

With the group redesign, the only information I see when I log in is how much I owe to a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base