General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Skeumorphic Design

I think the new design tries to incorporate too many skeumorphic attributes. Skeumorphic defined as un-natural flourishings added to a version of a product that were present in a state when these flourishings were necessary.

For one, in the payment dialog, the window is made much larger through the addition of the unnecessary credit card image on top. A smaller window would allow for users to see data beneath.

Flourishes like this are tasteless design and actually hamper usefulness.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think we’ve largely addressed this issue. I can’t tell if we’ve actually completed this because it’s pretty general. If you have specific complaints, please let us know!

Marshall

2. this app rocks

This is literally the best app I've ever used. It's so straight forward and helpful for a big group of people. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make it easy to see all expenses ever

Sometimes I want to go way back in the expense history without needing to keep clicking "see more" I just want to see them all in like a csv or something. It might also be nice to be able to see certain types of expenses, like all the ones marked as "rent" or "utilities".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. There's too much white space on the new design

There's no reason to separate everything onto different lines for a single bill, and there's no reason to have the entire center of the screen be nothing but white space. It would be nice to see more than a small handful of items on the screen at the same time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Android app app size is huge

Hi I would recommend if you would work on reducing the android app size to support your mass audience i.e. students :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. editing a bill is a nightmare

if you remove one guy's share from it, then his share doesnt go over the others.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow to add a new member while editiing expenses

1)Edit an expense
    2)click on split equally
    3) Try to add a new member in the bill

IT cannot be done because the current transaction involves only selected people.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’d like to add an existing friend to a bill, just click the “With you and:” field at the top of the “Edit bill” form and add that person’s name. (If you’re trying to invite an entirely new person, there’s a bug in the form that prevents this, but we’re hoping to fix that issue soon.) Hope that helps!

8. Adding a participant to a bill shows several options for that same participant

Hi,

Often when I add someone to a bill on Android (filling the "With you and" field) I tend to get confused on what to select from the autocomplete.

For example, I input a friend's name (already using Splitwise) and I get several options for that friend, including several e-mail addresses he owns. Even after I learned that the first option, the Splitwise persona, is usually the best, this still confuses me.

I think a solution to this would be to have different icons shown next to contacts in the autocomplete - the Splitwise logo for Splitwise accounts, and just…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: with the Android 4.0 release, the address book icon is now an envelope to make it a little more clear that this will invite a new person

This is something we do plan to fix, but it’s stuck on some odd technical issues so I can’t promise a solution soon. For now, as you noted, the first entry is the correct one.

Marshall

9. Have a link to the help page somewhere on the website.

Or make it findable in Chrome (if it is there I could not find it; nor could google). I found it under the Feedback link on the website - but only found suggestions on Feedback page at first, then when I had given feedback which was really a support request, I found a place to ask for support.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

There should be an orange “feedback” tab/button at the bottom right of every page on Splitwise – when you click it, you’re given the option to give feedback or contact support. We’re sorry if you missed it! We’ll think about ways to make it more visible.

10. Study bill monk's algo and implement a similar syste.

When a person adds a bill to a group with x number of people, the algo doesn't adjusts the amount those x individuals already owe the person. This is a bug. Ex- if I owe you $2 and you add a bill to a group that has only you and me as members for say $5. The algo shows that I now owe to only $2.5 rather than $4.5 I owe you in total.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Edit again: Whoops, looks like I missed your response. The web interface should be showing this update. Can you submit a support ticket with the specific case you’re seeing it be incorrect?

Edit: I haven’t heard back, so I’m declining this.

Is this on the mobile apps or the web?

Marshall

11. Override All Currencies

It would be very handy for new Splitwise users (such as myself) to have a feature that would update all existing expenses to use a particular currency as chosen by the user.

In our shared group, we have a mixture of AUD and USD as some users forget to change their preferences to AUD. It would take a long time to go through each individual expense and change it to AUD.

Do you think this might be possible?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s actually a setting for this already! Just log in to our website and go to your account settings page – under “advanced features”, you should see an option to “set all expenses to [your default currency]”. Hope that helps!

12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Itemised billing improvement

Please enable splitting an itemised bill among multiple people. Also, while creating a group, give the ability to add your friends in it too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Update the Dashboard Icon

Currently the +Group (with the Home icon) isn't very intuitive. I click on home and expect to go to my home aka my dashboard. I don't often want to create groups so the sizing of the icon is also a little disparate as it definitely draws my eye.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. show link for group

on the main site, show my different groups as a link on the left side

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Chrome support

Splitwise does not load in Chrome Dev.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! We should already be using “RM” whenever possible – on our mobile apps, we use your phone’s default currency formatting, and on our website, we use “RM” if MYR is your default currency. (If MYR is not your default currency, then we use “MYR” for clarity.) If you’re still seeing “MYR” somewhere that you think you shouldn’t, could you send us an email at support@splitwise.com so we can investigate? Thanks!

18. view as list

Everytime i Open, i need to select "view as list" option.
    Instead remember what I had clicked last, instead of defaulting to View graph.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. if the expense description is very high the description gets dotted out

if the expense description is very high the description gets dotted out. user should be able to see the complete description when he mouse overs on it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sambhav – sorry for the trouble! Our mobile apps for iOS and Android should already be able to pull contacts from your address book. Inviting contacts by email address is supported everywhere. Inviting contacts by phone number is only supported in the US, unfortunately, as we’ve had a very large number of issues supporting non-US phone numbers taken from contacts (which almost always lack area codes, country codes, etc). Our apologies for the inconvenience!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base