or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nicolas Fernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the mobile app, we can only keep a written trace of a money transfer within the group as a "refund" and only if one person has (according to the app) a debt toward another. I think that it is a uselessly limitation. For example in holidays, there are a lot of case in which group members can lend or borrow money.

What about creating an interface "Person 1 borrow/lend to Person 2 the sum of X €" in which the people names and the sum are fully free ?

• Vicky Katara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a way to do this. If X got a refund for $m which has to be split between X, A and B, create an expense with X, A and B paying $(m/3), but the expense is owed only by X. That way X has to settle up with A and B.

• Armand Brochard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If one person receives money for the whole group, it would be great if they could add it. (Think prize, refund of sorts, cashback, money from sale, etc)

• Fabian Sebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes a group can get a refund (eg service charge settlement for flatmates). This refund has to be split. Seems like there is no way to reproduce this scenario in the app...

• Rupesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do lots of shopping with cashback.
        These cashbacks needs to be divided.
        Some items we purchased are returned due to various. The refunds happening from such returns too needs to be split.

• Yohann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Splitwise team,

Firstly, I want to thank all of you because your app is very helpful and pretty easy to understand. This app saves a lot of time for me and my flatmates !
        I just have a suggestion about the Android app, just the right to put a negative amount when we have to reimburse guys from any previous wrong expenses or any other stuffs.

Yo

• Eiko Wagenknecht commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the functionality to enter refunds or reimbursements to the app as well. It could be as simple as allowing to enter a negative expense (i.e. -50EUR). That was the intuitive way that multiple friends of mine tried and failed because negative amounts are not allowed currently.

• Ann-Kathrin Müller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We sometimes sell old stuff from our shared apartment. would be cool if you could integrate a selling function for incomes :)

• Rikki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can add a negative expense in a group but not with an arbitrary list of people.

• Geva Zeichner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add it, I need it too. :)
        Also please note that the current reimbursements in the web app is a little confusing. It lists everyone as payers. Instead of just saying "Geva refunded $10" or "Geva paid -$10"

• Matteo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Splitwise team, I think your app is great so please keep on improving!

Sometimes it would be useful to split common earnings. Let's say we go on a trip by car and we share the ride with bla bla car; how do we split the profit? It shouldn't be a hard feature, in the end it's just a +/- sign :)

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks splitwise. I need this option too! My example is whenever I go on trips with a bunch of people, there is usually a security deposit coming back to 1 person, and then I need to parse it out. This time I have to split it up by 14 people, and would love to be able to enter it into Splitwise.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Splitwise to handle rent on a shared practice space with my band (as a Splitwise Group). We put all cash we make on gigs against our shared rent. I'd love to be able to add a "negative bill" - or simply a cash-in - that pays against the debt of the group and everyone's share would go down.

As the band leader, I front the expense of the space and would like to track the different expenses.

• icoleslaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really, really need this feature in our cooperative house, to allow us to handle money received from subletters who are not on splitwise. Perhaps there could be an advanced setting to enable negative balances?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is currently not possible to enter negative amounts when creating an expense from the mobile app (at least on iOS). This would be very useful for recording money received, e.g. for selling common property.

Feedback and Knowledge Base