Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Ability to use a calculator when entering bill

When entering a bill, it would be handy if there's a quick plus button there so that I can add multiple items fast and easy.

Currently there's an empty button on the number pad that shows up which I think could very well be used for simple plus/minus calculations.

955 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    152 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We just added a very basic calculator function to our web app, so you can now use basic mathematical operations when entering a cost (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division). We hope to add similar features to our mobile apps at some point in the future!

2. Add friends without email address or phone number

I know that it might be a user acquisition choice, but it is very annoying to not be able to add someone with just their name (i.e. with no email address or phone, so that they don't receive an invite).
    I find that the user experience is affected a lot by this and I am switch back to another app because of this despite how good splitwise is overall.

There are indeed several use cases where I would like to add people without contact details:
    - At a specific event, for example a party where I need to enter the…

625 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    105 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the detailed feedback – it’s always useful to hear, and I’ll pass it on :)

One small feature you may not be aware of: on our website, Splitwise does allow you to add group members without email addresses, which hopefully helps for the “large party” scenario. My apologies that the same feature isn’t available on our mobile apps!

3. is it possible to integrate UPI (UNIFIED PAYMENT SYSTEM) for Indian users ??

UPI is a payment method introduced in India to transact between users and organisation. it would simplify the transactions between users if that can be integrated to Splitwise ✌

458 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    111 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for suggesting UPI as a payment method. We’re looking into UPI, and would like to know your thoughts on how you’d like Splitwise to support UPI:

- Integrate with a UPI app like BHIM or PhonePe
    - Integrate with your banking app
    - Let you send money to a virtual address, phone #, or IFSC from within Splitwise
    - Something else?

Please let us know in the comments!

4. Make Plates for Android.

The iOS app is gorgeous and I'm jealous.

350 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks Jesse, couldn’t agree more. In fact, I’m up-voting this too :) As the Splitwise team’s big Android fan, I keep having to ask my friends to go download Plates so we can use it. Plates for Android is definitely something we want to do, but we’re juggling a ton of priorities on the core app on both iPhone and Android right now. But for sure it’s on our minds, and thanks for submitting the suggestion!

- Jon

5. 283 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. to integrate with 'PayMe by HSBC'.

Connect with 'PayMe by HSBC' (https://payme.hsbc.com.hk/), for Hong Kong users to send and receive payments.

262 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. 250 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Updating since it’s been a while. Currently Square Cash does not have an API that we can use to integrate. At this point we would need Square Cash to change in order for us to do the integration.

8. 235 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    67 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Revolut integration

Hi,

Integration with Revolut as payment option would be helpful, so I think you should definitely consider that.
    Anyone agree? Vote up :)

166 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. 154 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Add itemized split method to iOS app?

I love using itemized splits on the website, but can't seem to find this feature in the iOS app. Any plans to bring it to iOS?

Thanks!

127 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Updating this since it’s been a while. We’re still leaving this as a possible future improvement. This is not a very popular feature on our website. Figuring out the design for mobile apps continues to be a challenge. Sorry for the inconvenience!

12. Add Siri Shortcuts integration

It looks like integration with Siri was mentioned before Siri Shortcuts was introduced in iOS 12, but I'd like to bring it up again and mention a few use cases (some complex, some more simple) that I'd personally find useful:

1. For Splitwise Plates, add the ability to open the app, finish a bill/table, and then "share" the output as a dictionary/map/hash to shortcuts. Presumably you could then pass the output over to Splitwise itself, or just loop through them and request on Venmo/Paypal/etc.

This one might require a little more thought, since at present "naming" plates or associating them with…

115 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Unequal Bill Dividing Calculation

One of my most common tasks with Splitwise is dividing a bill unequally with one other person. It would be very handy if entering the amount for one person would automatically calculate the remaining amount owed for the other individual.

113 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Plates Integration

Find a way to integrate Plates with Split Wise so calculations can be ported between apps.

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We definitely want to improve Plates + Splitwise integration over time! Right now, if you share a Plates bill with a friend, they can click on the link and then save their share as a Splitwise IOU. We haven’t had a chance to make updates to Plates in a while, but in the future, we hope to let you do that straight from the Plates app. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

15. Ifttt integration for automated expense management

Using split wise in ifttt recipes like outputting to a google spreadsheet for example.

95 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be able to scan receipts from gallery/image file

As of now, scanning receipt for making an itemized bill opens the camera app. I want to be able to choose (one or more) image files from gallery (or other places) because I don't have the receipt to take a picture now but had already taken a picture before

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to select transactions from bank or card history

Can ask users to link cards and bank accounts in order to show transactions in split wise so user can select transactions instead of having to do manual entry. Plaid makes a great API (demo.plaid.com) for this: harvey@plaid.com

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. More robust graphs/trends on mobile

The ability to see YTD spending, break down by cost type, etc. would be great. Also, perhaps a spreadsheet view of expenses.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Our website currently has a few more advanced charts and graphs (totals by category, printable monthly summaries), and our iPhone app has a few basic charts as of v4.0 (group totals, export as spreadsheet). We’re hoping to bring similar features to Android soon, and to add more features as time goes on :)

19. make a Splitwise Pro account for couples

My partner and I use Splitwise and would both see th value in using Splitwise Pro, but we think it is a little unfeasible to spend $60-80 on the product for the same features. Currently I am the only one that has it and if we want to look in to our spending in depth we have to use my phone instead of what is currently available.

Would it be possible to have a family account set up, where we can share pro? Like Google Play Family, where you pay $5 extra to add people to your app accounts.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. to add a widget for the homescreen

Hi folks,

it would be great to have a widget for the Android app with the following functionality:
    - Display one Friend per line
    - Display the Avatar, the name, the total owed amount or the amount the friend owes me
    - Have a little icon to add a bill and to settle up

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me :)

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

An Android widget is a great idea :) We just started work on a pretty big Android update – for now, we’re mostly focused on improving the core app, but we’d love to include cool stuff like widgets in a future release.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base