I suggest you ...

Bank account details somewhere/anywhere

Hi. Liking this service so far.

Its nice keeping track of debts, however, it is not much use not knowing how to pay it. (Not everyone uses paypal).

In UK and Australia, someone just needs bank account details to do a transfer. Would be nice either to have one or all of the following:

1. My own account details available for my friends to see. Even if not in their own fields, maybe in a "other info" memo type field.

2. Or be able to put my own comments on my friends so I can make a note of their account details. (or if I think they arent good at paying back)

3. When the expense is added... to explicitly send a custom email out to the involved people with my bank account details

I understand that it can be hard trying to look at expenses from different granularities, ie "how much in total do I owe this person" vs "how much is owed for this expense" vs "how much for this group for this person"

Keep up the good work!

218 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James LeangJames Leang shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Johannes WagnerJohannes Wagner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there. I'm new to Splitwise. It's such a cool concept, but I find it odd that there is no field in the user to just add you bank details for when you owe someone, since it is a PAYING BACK APP!

Bonus would be a field to specify how you would like to be paid, i.e. Cash, Direct Bank Payment, etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allow users to add bank account details, so friends can copy it from the platform, and make sure it is mentioned in the exports.

• CristinaCristina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So you don't need to ask your friends for their account numbers (of course, with high privacy mesures)

• Anshul RathiAnshul Rathi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a support to settle account thru splitwise only - direct Financial Institution deposit facility

Even every Financial Institution having this central facility to send money in other account like chase quick pay - popmoney.com etc ..

• Madhusmita DashMadhusmita Dash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Splitwise doesnot link bank account but at least it can provide an option to save bank account numbers of the contacts. Everytime I have to settle with my friend through internet banking for example, I have to ask for account number, would be better if I directly found it on Splitwise.

• Daniel CoelhoDaniel Coelho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This group description field would serve for example to write the IBAN or paypal accounts of the payers. Ideally, this info should be on each personal profile hidden. Then the person would chose to whom would like that the details are visible.
        It's just a description field, although IBAN or paypal details are public, you are not responsible for what people write in the descriptions.
        Make it simple!

• Karthik ShivashankarKarthik Shivashankar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In india we are going through a revolution of less-cash society. With this in mind, we should be able to add account details (UPI in India) of the person which would be available within the group.
        For safety, a user can add only his own account in Splitwise and selectively make it visible in his groups.
        This would help us to settle payments through online transfer with details in Splitwise. At present we send account details on Whatsapp.

Hi,
        I think it would be great if there is an option to add files to the group which has account details of all the group members.

There is nothing tricky by adding a PAYMENT INFORMATION field where user can explain how they can be paid. No security issue at all as it's only public information

• Łukasz EsŁukasz Es commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if it is tricky please leave a blank fields for any additional information about the user- visible for friends, and allow friends to copy that info. so simple as that .. this app without bank account number is so less useful

• SamanthaSamantha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

similar to how mint.com does it, it would be great to be able to have a feed of my bank transactions and easily be able to approve or ignore transactions to post to splitwise.

• Santosh KadamSantosh Kadam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

could you add extra fields for bank account number for each participant belongs to same group and it should display on user account summary. so we can find other user account number easily and we can transfer money to them by using our Owen payment options

• Tushar KauraniTushar Kaurani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time someone has to transfer funds to me, he/she has to ask my bank details, which really is annoying. So simply, make an enhancement to accept user's bank/e-wallet details (optional) while registration. And show it in friends profile. So whenever anyone wants to transfer the funds, he/she can directly refer to the details and get done with it. Hope this helps
        Regards,
        Tushar Kaurani

• AndriiAndrii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Team,

Can you add as a feature adding my bank account details. Here in Poland we do not use PayPal to make a transfers between each other but mainly a bank transfers or on a phone number. It would really help, if my friend would be able to see my back details already in the Splitwise including accounts in different currencies.

Thanks in advance,
        Andrii

• Paul-AndrePaul-Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After having a trip, I am often trying to get bank account details from friends. It would be nice if the tool would allow a user to input his details (sort code and Accountnumber) and enable sharing this with other user. This would allow other people to wire the money to their account to settle a bill.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base