I suggest you ...

Make Plates for Android.

The iOS app is gorgeous and I'm jealous.

269 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jesse Chapman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminSplitwise Support (-, Splitwise) responded  · 

Thanks Jesse, couldn’t agree more. In fact, I’m up-voting this too :) As the Splitwise team’s big Android fan, I keep having to ask my friends to go download Plates so we can use it. Plates for Android is definitely something we want to do, but we’re juggling a ton of priorities on the core app on both iPhone and Android right now. But for sure it’s on our minds, and thanks for submitting the suggestion!

- Jon

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Clarice Chang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been 5 years since admin have responded that an Android version is planned. Please release soon so I don't have to depend on my iPhone friends to split the bill with Plates all the time!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's been almost 5 years; i'm a huge splitwise fan, but also a google/android fan.
    please make plates app available for android. Thank you!

• Ayame Takahashi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would still love to see this on Andriod. Please let us know if this is even on the pipeline for 2019 (or later) or has been scrapped. Thank you!

• Alexander Laut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I saw you guys promoting this app on the web interface, I thought it was a good idea but no android app. What gives?

All that you did was show me that alternatives to splitwise exist when I searched it in the app store and now I'm inclined to try them out... Seems like pretty poor marketing to me, get your act together.

• Stefan Fourie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are we doing this? Can I come help you guys do this? Alternatively I am going to make my own version of this and hopefully be able to integrate with the Splitwise API as the current iOS app does

• Wait is so long commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been three years now, any update about availability? A month, a couple of months, two more years? A decade?

Thanks ;)

• Stuart Richie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am transitioning from iOS back to Android and will greatly miss the Plates app! Is it possible to bump making Plates available on Android up the Priority list?

• Ryan Sizemore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Plates app is so cool, really want it on my Android phone, or bake it into the main Splitwise app, but it is a feature I really want to see.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base