I suggest you ...

Make Plates for Android.

The iOS app is gorgeous and I'm jealous.

259 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jesse Chapman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminSplitwise Support (-, Splitwise) responded  · 

Thanks Jesse, couldn’t agree more. In fact, I’m up-voting this too :) As the Splitwise team’s big Android fan, I keep having to ask my friends to go download Plates so we can use it. Plates for Android is definitely something we want to do, but we’re juggling a ton of priorities on the core app on both iPhone and Android right now. But for sure it’s on our minds, and thanks for submitting the suggestion!

- Jon

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's been almost 5 years; i'm a huge splitwise fan, but also a google/android fan.
    please make plates app available for android. Thank you!

• Ayame Takahashi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would still love to see this on Andriod. Please let us know if this is even on the pipeline for 2019 (or later) or has been scrapped. Thank you!

• Alexander Laut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I saw you guys promoting this app on the web interface, I thought it was a good idea but no android app. What gives?

All that you did was show me that alternatives to splitwise exist when I searched it in the app store and now I'm inclined to try them out... Seems like pretty poor marketing to me, get your act together.

• Stefan Fourie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are we doing this? Can I come help you guys do this? Alternatively I am going to make my own version of this and hopefully be able to integrate with the Splitwise API as the current iOS app does

• Wait is so long commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been three years now, any update about availability? A month, a couple of months, two more years? A decade?

Thanks ;)

• Stuart Richie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am transitioning from iOS back to Android and will greatly miss the Plates app! Is it possible to bump making Plates available on Android up the Priority list?

• Ryan Sizemore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Plates app is so cool, really want it on my Android phone, or bake it into the main Splitwise app, but it is a feature I really want to see.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well guys, it's 2016 and still no Plates, it's a beautiful app as I've seen my friends use it on their phones. Please port it to Android as soon as possible.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base