Skip to content

General

51 results found

1. Make Plates for Android.

The iOS app is gorgeous and I'm jealous.

350 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    38 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks Jesse, couldn’t agree more. In fact, I’m up-voting this too :) As the Splitwise team’s big Android fan, I keep having to ask my friends to go download Plates so we can use it. Plates for Android is definitely something we want to do, but we’re juggling a ton of priorities on the core app on both iPhone and Android right now. But for sure it’s on our minds, and thanks for submitting the suggestion!

- Jon

2. Send Reminder to all people in a group

When we send a reminder, there should be an option available to send it to all members of the group, instead of sending it to individuals.

160 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Plates Integration

Find a way to integrate Plates with Split Wise so calculations can be ported between apps.

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We definitely want to improve Plates + Splitwise integration over time! Right now, if you share a Plates bill with a friend, they can click on the link and then save their share as a Splitwise IOU. We haven’t had a chance to make updates to Plates in a while, but in the future, we hope to let you do that straight from the Plates app. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

4. Backdated recurring bill

I have add some bill for the past that should be recurring.
    If I add now (11-Dec.-2014) a monthly bill starting from 1st September it will not add the monthly payment off October, November and December, but says nex bill on January.
    Please add the ability to create a full set of recurring bill starting from a back date.

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix recurring item edits

Recurring items should have a start date and an end date. When My apartment lease came to an end, I had to "delete" the expense, which actually ended up deleting the last time it occurred, rather than all the future occurrences! Not intuitive behavior, and it was not clear that would happen.
    Thanks

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re working on the messaging of how our expenses (especially ones like recurring bills) work as we speak.

This does sound like something that we need to address for sure. Thanks so much for letting us know!

6. Display the old and new balances for each person involved in Debt Simplification

Debt simplification is a very good idea, but it lacks one most important thing. The old and new balances for each participant with the friends they simplified with. This is causing a lot of confusion, as to who was owing how much before the debt was simplified. So, it is urgently required if you could add the details about how much each person paid and how much each person gets back after the debt simplification.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Edit/manage recurring payments on mobile

It would be nice to be able to manage recurring payments on mobile. There is currently no indication of which payments are recurring unless you happen to remember which ones they are, and you open them up to edit. Even if there had to be a separate view where you could edit/remove recurring payments.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. 30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow edit of single item in itemize scanned receipt

Sometimes item incorrectly scanned from receipt (eg 1.00 instead of 1.80 or little typos) and only way to fix it now is to remove item and add new one. Could you please add option to edit item in place

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Make each entry in "Recent activity" pop open the relevant expense

Currently, clicking on an item in "Recent activity" takes you to the group where the expense resides, but it doesn't actually show you the relevant entry in that group. Clicking on one of these entries should take you to the relevant group AND pop open the edit dialog for the expense, or at least highlight the expense on the list.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. A ghost Entity

Another feature you could look at adding..
    Scenario: 4 people in a house. Bob
    goes on leave and should not be billed anything at all, but yet the old
    records should remain.
    At the easiest level, you could probably get a Ghost check box [not present in the house] on Bob's name and whenever you hit the Add Bill feature, Bob should be default unchecked.
    Thanks!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make a show math option.

I think there should be a way to see how the math works out for everyone, because me and my roommates get very confused every once in a while.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Showing the breakdown of the simplification is something that we are going to be doing in a future update. I agree that showing how we got the totals we did within the debt simplification would be extremely helpful to our users (and myself!)

13. An itemized bill that is not yet paid by anyone, but owed by a group separately

Monthly bills could require contribution from different people. In the days of electronic payments, it is possible that a group of people share a single bill, but pay their contribution separately. For instance, a small company's employees share a single cellular business plan, but pay their own portions personally.

So the entire total is not paid by one person, and other people in the group paying that person back. Rather, it is a shared bill being paid for by each person in the group, for their contribution. It would be good to use as a tool to track whether other…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. make pro features more visible

Currently the pro features of charts and search are in the menu under the user name. I think they should be moved somewhere more visible and explicit.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We definitely want to make Pro features more visible! We’re planning some design tweaks on the web right now, and making those features more obvious will probably be a part of that. In the meantime, sorry they’re so hidden!

15. make it easier to manage reoccuring expenses

I set it up once, and now i can't find it anywhere. Bad UX. Should be pretty central.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry about this – we know recurring expense support on the iPhone is pretty minimal and rather confusing. We’re hoping to make it clearer and easier to use in future updates.

16. Please support Hebrew as a language.

Please support Hebrew language. Beside that it is great!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the follow-up! We include a more comprehensive backup option in Splitwise Pro on web only right now that we will probably bring to mobile eventually. If you have Splitwise Pro (available in your web account settings) there is an option to export a full backup of your entire account under advanced settings in your web account settings.

Marshall

18. Make it easier to split Foodler orders

The current UI is cumbersome when splitting up a shared Foodler order (or GrubHub, etc). I wish there was some kind of integration, like a button on Foodler which automatically splits the order up, or a UI flow that eases the data entry on the SplitWise site.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we don’t have plans to support Foodler or Grubhub specifically, we do plan to add better support for adding complicated food orders to the system.

Marshall

19. Email summary for the expenses

If we can have the email summary for the expenses for all / some participants then it would be great.

Please look in the email summary of Share-a-bill app for iphone for an example.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We plan on making some more email reminder choices for groups in the near future. I can understand why in bigger groups going through each person and sending them a single email instead of the whole group could be frustrating.

20. 4 Weeks doesn't = 1 Month

The app has a small flaw. When you say monthly in your app.. you tend to mean every month from the 4th to the 4th for example.. However my bills are every 4 weeks which is not quite every month. It would be good to have an option which says every 4 weeks as well as every month that way we know and can set alarms for each due date. Another handy thing would be to be able to set up different reminders for each person for the same bill. IE she gets paid fortnightly and I get paid monthly…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this would throw a wrench in your billing cycle. I’d personally like our users to be able to custom pick reminder dates, and it’s something we’ve talked about internally. I’ll bring it up at our next meeting and see if/when we can get that on our schedule.

← Previous 1 3

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base