I suggest you ...

Add SMS text notifications

Some people in my groups don't have smart phones and don't check email too often. A good solution to missed notifications would be to send a SMS text message to their phone number.

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Justin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminSplitwise Support (-, Splitwise) responded  · 

Thanks for the suggestion! I don’t think we’re likely to add SMS notifications in the near future, but I can see how they’d be useful for certain groups of people. I’ll mention this at our next planning meeting.

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Yeaglok96 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That was a good share. Along with all this, I am also going to start the SMS marketing campaigns for my eCommerce website. I am definitely going to go with the text messaging service for business from https://www.heymarket.com/. If you have any tips to use that effectively, please let me know.

• Danny Ek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Admin, 
    It's a very unusual decision to say you won't be adding SMS to sent reminders.

The first feature I actually looked for was to send a Reminder via SMS, shocking this is missing.

Does that mean you are more interested in collating data sent via your email server?

I will happily pay for premium version that allows me to send SMS messages. As you can imagine, it is more natural to have Mobile Numbers for a Group of People (on say a Trip, Dinner, or other Outing) than to have their email addresses.

Kindly consider this feature.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, SMS notification is really something we need with Splitwise! Housemates and roommates are far less likely to communicate with one another via email than via text. Especially when it comes to monetary issues like splitting bills. SMS is a much more suitable notification medium given that the housemates and roommates who make up the majority of Splitwise users communicate with one another via SMS rather than email.

• Narendra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be veryhelpful if we have SMS notification features since all the email notifications are going to Update section in my Gmail and I couldn’t get a chance to review it. If we have SMS notification feature then I can review the transactions very quickly. looking forward it.

• sshinkar54 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont have all contacts with email addresses saved. so there should be one option to remind user through SMS..

• Girish babu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sir, adding/editing a bill should send a sms to other person who involved in transaction. So that every person who receives sms as a reminder will have more probabality to create account on splitwise. In india mobile internet/internet through web is low. If every transactions those sent to mail, sent to sms it makes too effective use of app

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base