I suggest you ...

Share the balance via Whatsapp

It would be great if I can send a message to Whatsapp (telegram, etc..) with the balance of any group.
Something the not all the group is checking the application or they even don't want to download it, so you need to use other channels to share the balance.

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LeandroLeandro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Splitwise SupportAdminSplitwise Support (Admin, Splitwise) responded  · 

We do allow you to send reminders via email in the app and on the website you can grab a printable group summary from the group expense list month headers. I’m not sure if we’ll ever support whatsapp directly, but we’ll consider it if this gets a lot of votes.

Marshall

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stefan BrielStefan Briel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a link/share possibility to forward a group/expenses via android-share-function to chats like WhatsApp or messagers like texts or social networks as Facebook or even Facebook groups etc.

Whereas group-chat is not integrated, so this could be at least a good way to communicate with other apps/systems/people
        And invitation links are also not integrated in the android app

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow to share an Image of Latest summary (after every settle up) via apps like Whatsapp, Hike etc and also allowing to share an xls file format instead of csv would be more convenient and less file size

• Lukas OppolzerLukas Oppolzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it should be possible to export the payment instructions for a group using arbitrary apps. this should include who has to pay how much and to whom.

• ChaitanyaChaitanya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suppose when ever we create an expense or pay the bill, better to have an option to post that expense or bill in whatsapp, hike or some other medium. What say?

• Rounak KakwaniRounak Kakwani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

all of us already have groups on WhatsApp, mostly the people we hangout with. it's difficult to add people one by one in a group. if we can just click a button and create the same group as we have on WhatsApp, that would be amazing. it would be easy for you, since it already has the names and numbers on it.

• ShubhangiShubhangi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Connect splitwise group to whatsapp group after confirmation from all group members, so that updates/reminders can be sent via Splitwise on the WhatsApp group.

• Prakash kPrakash k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the shared amount and reminder can be send by whatsapp or any social media,it will be more Effective.

If you need help let me know

Feedback and Knowledge Base