I suggest you ...

Ifttt integration for automated expense management

Using split wise in ifttt recipes like outputting to a google spreadsheet for example.

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    NicNic shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Owen BickfordOwen Bickford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IFTTT integration would be hugely helpful. Right now, I have several recurring monthly expenses, but the actual amounts change month-to-month. So, I regularly have to go back and modify Splitwise expenses for utilities, as an example.

Since I receive statements via email, I could set a recipe that automatically detects messages based on IFTTT parameters, then detect the 'amount due' and add the entry to SW. Entries could be assigned to specified groups, and a confirmation notification could be used to verify the data is correct.

Creating an API for importing and exporting data in Splitwise would allow users to spend less time on data entry and more time on winning! I'm a paying member, and I appreciate the continued dedication to improvement.

• KCKC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I would most likely have something parse my email and extract bills and add them to splitwise automatically.

• kopeboykopeboy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do it!! No updates.. :(

What I would like to do for example is adding expense on a Splitwise group when I receive billing from Spotify..

Feedback and Knowledge Base