I suggest you ...

Windows 10 Universal App

Please support Windows 10 by creating an official Splitwise universal app. A universal app is capable of running on ALL Windows 10 devices (desktop PCs, tablets, phone and Xbox) with one single set of code.

756 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ethanalvareeethanalvaree shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Varun AgarwalVarun Agarwal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a good suggestion. However having a website makes Windows 10 Universal App redundant. Updating on Desktop whether thru app or website is not much different. However an app on Android is important as it gives the freedom to move around. Windows Phone has just 3% market share. Not worth the time and effort.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why you guys are avoiding windows mobile platform?

Pleas develop one universal app for windows mobile.

Note: We don't need any third party apps, we need splitwise own app.

• ChaitanyaChaitanya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a 'SPLITTER' app in windows market which created from splitwise API. You can use that

• Chirag SanghviChirag Sanghvi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well with this many votes it is the highest voted request anyone ever asked of splitwise, please develop an app or even a web wrapper will do

• Chirag SanghviChirag Sanghvi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Team Windows 10 is now big enough, 300 million plus, it would be great if you guys consider making a universal app for this.
        Thanks.

P.S. Splitwise is doing a great job!

• alen alexalen alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try using XAMARIN. You will need to maintain only 1 app going forward, which runs on all the platform and devices.

The third party app splittr has limited functionality so please make an official one

In windows 10, splittr is there but all functions are not there in it. I have to log in online to change some things and settle up the bills. So it is highly needed that a windows phone exclusive app should launch !! Coz this is the best application for settlement of bills and i dont want to use any other app for it ! you guys are amazing ! just develope an app for windows 10 `!!

• j22222j22222 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Elton

Slack currently has two separate apps for desktop and mobile: an antiquated Win32 version for desktop PCs and an entirely separate Windows Phone app. At this point however, it would be easier for Slack to drop the desktop-only app and update their Windows Phone app to a universal Windows 10 app. That way, their W10 app will run identically on both PC and mobile, rather than having to manage two separate apps as they currently do. In fact, this is their plan: a friend who works for Slack tells me their Windows 10 mobile app can easily run on PCs, at this point they are just finalizing the adaptive UX (what allows their universal app to scale appropriately to screens of different sizes and shapes) before they publish to the Windows Store.

As for Electron, that is NOT what companies use to make universal apps. Electron produces legacy desktop software, not universal apps that scale across desktop, mobile phones and tablets, Xbox, Hololens, Surface Hub, etc. For a truly universal app, I recommend Visual Studio 2015 or Xamarin, or simply using Microsoft's new bridge tools like Project Islandwood which we have seen in some cases can port an iOS app to Windows 10 in less than 5 minutes.

• EltonElton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@admin you don't need Windows developers to build one. Just use Electron by github. Slack uses that too. Lemme know if you need help

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base