General

1. Groups to include couples

It would be really great if there was a way to add "double weight" to some people in a group. I.e. I have a group of travelers that includes some singles and some couples. It would be easier to just have one member of the couple in the group, but have them count as two people when dividing expenses. Is there some way to do this that I am missing?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When adding an expense on web, Android, or iPhone, you can click on “split equally” and split by shares instead, assigning multiple shares to someone.

Marshall

2. to include the settling up function in the mobile app as well.

I am very mch impressed by Splitwise and its use for students especially. The "Settle Up" function in the web version is the best feature. But this feature is not included in the mobile application (iOS). As we students heavily depend on mobiles for day to day activities, it would be great addition and improvement to the application.

Thank you once again

Azhar

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow partial settlement of bills

currently entire owed amount can be settled. allow partial settlement such as 200 settled out of 1000 that was owed

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there! Splitwise should already allow you to record partial settlements – after you hit “Settle up”, just delete the number from the amount field and enter any number that you’d like. Splitwise will add a record of your payment, and your total balance will update accordingly.

4. Highlight settled up entries

Whenever someone settles up with another person, the entries whose total has been settled-up should be highlighted (or greyed out). Currently, when I check the entries with a particular person, I still see even the settled-up entries in a similar format as before settling and it gets confusing to identify whether a particular entry has been settled up or not.

Thanks and looking forward to implementation of this feature as I don't really think it is too complicated.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Triangle payment can be dispelled itself.

The situation is below. I was owed A $2, A was owed B 2$, B was owned me $2. So the $2 dollar shouldn't be calculated in my owe or owed number. By the way, I'm thinking of making a similar web like this. But I find this one is good. I'd like to contribute anything I can. Below is my mail.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’re in a group, you can go to group settings and turn on Simplify debts which will do this. If you’re not in a group, you will need to go to your account settings on the website and simplify debts outside of groups from there.

Marshall

6. Allow person to exchange the amount they owe and are owed to them e.g. I owe A 100, and B owes me 100, I should b able to say B will pay A

we should pay difference of what we owe and are owed in a group. if you can't settle from your side who will pay whom, allow user to shift the amount, so that I could make people who owe me pay the people whom I owe.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sounds like you’re looking for our “simplify debts” feature. This minimizes repayments between group members but doesn’t change anyone’s total balance. To enable this setting please visit “group settings”.

7. Pin group on the dashboard

When I am on a trip, I am always adding expenses on a particular group.
    Similarly at home, I am mostly using a particular group.

To add an expense, I have to first open the app > open side bar > scroll to that group and select it > then click add expense

Add an option to pin a group on the dashboard to to quickly go to that group and add expense to that group.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: on both mobile platforms we now have a top level group list and hide groups that have been settled up for a while. Hopefully this will make it easier to go to the group before adding an expense.

Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely understand your problem – we’re actually working on some design changes to our app to make it easier to get to your groups quickly. Hopefully those updates will come out soon, but in the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

8. Have possibility to settle up anytime

Hi,

Consider such scenario - we agree with friends that we will order food, orderer will create bill in future, but I want to pay (settle up) in advance. Currently there are 2 ways of improvement which will allow me paying in advance:
    1. (very small fix) Remove notification which blocks settle up when you are already settled up with someone,
    2. (a little bigger) Allow to settle up in group and choose who pays whom.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: you can now enter a payment with anyone in a group by going to settle up and clicking on more options at the bottom. To add a payment with any friend, you will need to use the non-group expenses entry in the groups list and settle up from there.

Hey Piotr, thanks for the suggestion! That definitely makes sense, and I know we’ve wanted to add that feature for a while – you can already do it from our website, just not from our mobile apps. Hopefully we’ll have time to add the feature to our mobile apps soon. In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience!

9. Swiping Between Tabs

See https://developer.android.com/design/patterns/swipe-views.html#between-tabs - right now, tabbed views can only be navigated by pressing the header for that tab.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: this is finally available with the 4.0 release for Android! Enjoy!

Thanks for the suggestion! I know this is an Android convention, so hopefully we can add support for it in a future update.

10. Enabling a CSV extract of expenses...

Ability to create a excel file of expenses..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Address book Support

If the app can search the address book to find the name and email of the person then it would be very productive and easy to add people in your group.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Different mobile notifications setting per device

I have 2 devices on Android (Tablet + phone), and i cannot disable notifications only for the tablet, since the notifications settings is set for all mobile devices, and not per device

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add more currency options

I was living in USA And I loved this app. Now I am living in India i would help if you add more currency options in the app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Hiren – we actually support a wide variety of currencies already, including INR! You can change the currency when adding a bill by clicking on the currency symbol next to the cost field, or you can change your default currency for all future bills from your account settings page. Hope that helps!

14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: This is now available on iPhone and Android!

Thanks for the suggestion! We’re actually working on adding CSV export to our iPhone app right now, and we hope to bring the same feature to Android at some point in the future. For now, you can also export a group’s expenses to a CSV at any time from our website – just go to your group, click the settings button at the top of the right sidebar, and choose “Export as spreadsheet”. Hope that helps!

15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise already supports this feature. In split options, choose to “split by shares”. Everyone else pays for 1 share. Your friend who is with his family pays for x shares, where x = total number of family members.

16. Upcoming bills

Have a spot for upcoming bills that will be due. With reminders.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3D Touch feature

The newly added 3D Touch feature doesn't work. It doesn't take to Add bill page. Also it will be great if you add frequently used group like say home rent share as a direct link in 3D Touch shortcuts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. My Expenses

Is there a feature to show me what my expenses are and how they are distributed over the different groups I am in.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: the Android 4.0 update finally adds material design to our interface!

I’d definitely love to update the app to material design when we get a chance! We’re a very small team (only 2 engineers), so it might take us a while, but hopefully it’ll be worth the wait.

20. Exchange rate option for multiple currencies missing

If exchange rate can be fed amongst currencies by user then final balance can be achieved in single currency.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base