Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Issue with recurring transactions

First of all its a great app, cheers for that. I saw some issues as mentioned below:

I think recurring transactions are assuming the month as of 30 days only.
    It should consider the fact that the months are of 31, 28 and 29 days also.

Also the recurring transaction is being scheduled on the date a month later I created the transaction. Ideally the transaction should re-occur
    after the specified period from the date of transaction, not from the date we created the transaction (I believe we are able to add transactions of past date also).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Monthly recurring expenses happen on the day in the month they are created on, unless they are in the 29, 30 or 31st day in the month, in which case they happen on the closest day in the month to their post date.

Marshall

2. Simplified debts

Allow debt simplification to disconsolate debts . For example if X owes me 5 , Y owes me 25 and Z owes me 20 , an option to have X owe me 50 and rest settled up. Useful in inter apartment transactions where you know one person in an other group better and easy to do transaction with him.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Put the scroll bar on friend list on left side

With the change in UI you have done, when I click on Show all friends even with the settled amount, the list is big and I can't even see all of my friends, will suggest to put a scroll bar to see all the friends if I opt to see all friends (including settled one) as well.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to automatically simplify debts with a person if you're entirely settled.

When looking at a group, a friend owed me $X. When looking at the friend directly, I owed him $X. In the overall dashboard, we were fully settled up. This was really confusing.

I found out why, and a fix, here:
    http://feedback.splitwise.com/knowledgebase/articles/117962

I believe that if SplitWise can detect you are totally settled up with a person across all groups, it should automatically 0 out all balances with that person in all groups. This could be optional.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now do this simplification when you settle up on an account. We probably won’t add a more automatic version of this, but if you settle up the total amount you owe a friend, it simplifies it all to 0 in each relevant place.

Marshall

5. Do you support debt shuffling between friends?

I see this feature supported in most of the bill managing websites. Will be very helpful if you could add the support.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do support debt shuffling (or “debt simplification”, as we call it) – just visit your user settings page on the website, and you’ll see a button to simplify your debts.

6. If someone over pays, keep track of a credit for that person

If someone owes me $46.75 and they pay me $60. Keep a credit of $3.25 for that person. The next time they owe me money, the credit will be applied firstly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Please release the app supported for ipad tooo

Right now the app is only supported on iphone.can you also add support for ipad device too??It will be very helpful.

Cheers!!!!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. add bahraini dinar

Please add this currency!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add "Every 2 weeks" Feature?

Could you add a feature that makes a bill reoccur "Once Every X weeks"? My boyfriend and I get a organic produce box every 2 weeks, but I'm not sure how I'd put that into Splitwise. I considered doubling the amount and setting it as Monthly, as a workaround, but that will turn inaccurate when it comes to longer months.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Anon,

We have this feature, actually! “Fortnightly” means that it repeats once every two weeks. This is already in the web app – click “divide a bill”, then change “just this once” to “Fortnightly.”

We don’t plan to add every “X” weeks unless a lot of people request it – not because it is a bad idea, but just because we have a bunch of other stuff on this forum we want to do more :)

Thanks!
    Jon

10. Allow users to post expenses for that user only

The new format requires you to define who else is involved, and I am using Splitwise to track my own budget that is often, but not always, shared with my girlfriend. I'd like to continue to do so with the new system.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. Add an Event and Trip feature

Ability to create an event or a trip, where a bunch of people put in the money they spent (optional who to split if with, default all in that Event or Trip). At the end who owes who is recorded and people can settle up.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there – have you tried creating a group? Groups work more or less how you described: they allow a bunch of people to put in expenses together (with the default being split among the whole group), and at the end of the trip you can see everyone’s total balances. Check it out, and let us know what you think!

12. Mention what has changed in an expense in your mobile notifications

Hi there,

I tend to go back through my expenses and categorise them - it's borderline OCD but I prefer having all my expenses organised that way.

The trouble is that everytime I change a category (which is pretty harmless), all my friends who were party to that expense get notifications saying that I've changed "something". It alarms them because they don't know what I've changed and they try to check. I've been at the receiving end of many angry messages telling me to stop editing expenses :(

I think we could help this situation easily enough - if you…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the ability to hide transactions I'm not involved in

When looking at a group on Splitwise I'd like to be able to hide transactions that I'm not a part of. When part of a large group there are quite a few transactions that just clutter the feed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Matt – if you open your group and click on the gear/settings icon at the top of the right-hand sidebar, you should see an option to “hide items not involving me”. That feature can be a little finicky (if you load more expenses, it sometimes resets), but we’re hoping to improve it more in the future.

14. Show contact info

Give users the ability to see the contact info linked to each contact's name. Sometimes, I'd like to know if I'm sending a notification to someone's email or phone number but there's no way to see. For some reason, sometimes I have two contacts for the same person and one will be linked to an email address and another will be linked to a phone number but I can't tell which one is which.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. Edit Friend Details

The ability to edit things like the names of friends would be nice to have. When you invite a friend via email, his email address sometimes becomes his displayed name and then changing it is not possible.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A friend’s name can be edited as long as your friend hasn’t yet logged in. On the web: click the friend in the left-hand sidebar, then click the gear/settings icon at the top of the right-hand column, and then choose “Edit friend info”. On the iPhone: tap on a friend, then tap the balance at the top of the screen, then hit the “Edit this friend” button. (We’ll be bringing this feature to Android as well in the very near future.)

Please note that once a friend has logged in, you can no longer change their info – that person has claimed their account, and they are now the only person who can update their name, email, etc.

16. Expandable/Hideable item-specific comment section

This mock up demonstrates how I would like a note/comment section to work:
    http://i.imgur.com/IezP7Dj.png

I think a lot of people want this feature and I think this is an elegant way to implement it.

Previous reason for declining comments: "We won’t be adding comments inline on the listing page. We do display an icon on the expense if there is a note for it. the main reason is that if we add this style of commenting, we wind up with too much clutter on the main UI for something that we do handle reasonably well already."

If the comments expand/hide…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. CHANGE the COLOR

Hi... I use splitwise, and all my friends in Akron,OH do. But the color is not appealing to the eye. The whole CSS is really damn good with rich UI, but the COLOR & the FONT is not at all good. As Steve Jobs comments about WINDOWS OS "Those guys doesn't really have any taste". It makes me feel like that when looking at these colors.
    I'm making time to give this feedback because I care about "OUR" splitwise and all of us use it often and has become a part of our day to day life.

Regards,
    Laxy.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Owed money between someone without an account

Hi,

I think the app has some great features and could be useful; however it requires everyone involved in an expense to be a registered user. I should be able to use the application to split bills and keep track of money owed between myself and a friend who does not use the app.

If this feature is available and I did not understand how to use it please let me know. I would also like to know if you add the feature as I would register for another account.

Regards,
    Ryan Clare

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion. Your friends definitely don’t have to make accounts for you to continue to add bills with them.

If you add their email address on a bill, they’ll get an email notification that you did so but only once — we won’t spam them. Their email address will be available to you in the system to add more bills as you continue to use Splitwise yourself.

If you don’t want to provide their info at all, just create a group on the website and add members by name only. No contact info required.

Cheers, Zoe

19. Groups to include couples

It would be really great if there was a way to add "double weight" to some people in a group. I.e. I have a group of travelers that includes some singles and some couples. It would be easier to just have one member of the couple in the group, but have them count as two people when dividing expenses. Is there some way to do this that I am missing?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

When adding an expense on web, Android, or iPhone, you can click on “split equally” and split by shares instead, assigning multiple shares to someone.

Marshall

20. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You should be abel to export a group or friendship to csv under the settings for that group or friendship on the website. We do not currently plan to bring this feature to mobile.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base