Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Redirect amount owed

Redirecting the amount owed to a different person to avoid multiple transactions to balance things.

E.g If person A owes person B $20, person B owes person C $ 30 and if person C owes person A $20. Instead of making three transactions to balance things out. There can be an option to consolidate transactions between the three and result in just one final transaction, B to C $10.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Dwarak – we’ve actually got a feature like this already! If you turn on the “simplify debts” setting in a group, that group will automatically get rid of unnecessary payments like the ones in your example. Hope that helps!

2. adding person to existing group

BAfter adding person to existing group you cannot modifying existing expense and to split the amount with the new person. The only way is to delete this expense and to recreate it again

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Third party loans

I have a group with members A (me), B and C. How do I enter a loan from B to C using Splitwise (I am not involved in the transaction).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey there! Splitwise only allows you to add loans between two other people if all three of you are in a group together. In that case, you can start by adding a bill with you and your two friends, then change the payer to B, and then change the “split equally” options so that only C is involved in the split. Hope that helps!

4. Allow partial settlement of bills

currently entire owed amount can be settled. allow partial settlement such as 200 settled out of 1000 that was owed

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! Splitwise should already allow you to record partial settlements – after you hit “Settle up”, just delete the number from the amount field and enter any number that you’d like. Splitwise will add a record of your payment, and your total balance will update accordingly.

5. Sort friends tab

Make it possible to sort the friends tab so you get friends with own/owned amounts at the top

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: both mobile apps now have filters at the top of the friends/groups list that allow you to only show people who owe you or people you owe.

Thanks for the suggestion – I can see how this would be useful! Right now, you should be able to do this on the dashboard page of our website, but unfortunately there’s no way to do it in our mobile apps yet. Apologies for the inconvenience!

6. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Triangle payment can be dispelled itself.

The situation is below. I was owed A $2, A was owed B 2$, B was owned me $2. So the $2 dollar shouldn't be calculated in my owe or owed number. By the way, I'm thinking of making a similar web like this. But I find this one is good. I'd like to contribute anything I can. Below is my mail.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

If you’re in a group, you can go to group settings and turn on Simplify debts which will do this. If you’re not in a group, you will need to go to your account settings on the website and simplify debts outside of groups from there.

Marshall

8. Having a Separate Name field

when we add a new User/friend in a group, sometimes it takes the email-ID as Name as displays the same ...
    Can we please have an option to edit the displayed Name while/after adding.

Also Observation is, when a new Friend is added using Mobile App instead of taking Names it takes email ID only.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: the Android 4.0 release now includes the option to edit friend information as long as your friend has not accepted their invite.

You’re right, this is definitely an issue with the current Android app. When you add a friend using their email address, we use the part before the ‘@’ and populate that as the person’s name.

If you’ve added someone as a friend using their email address and they haven’t accepted your invite yet, you can go to that friend’s page and navigate to their friend settings. From here, you can both edit their name and their email address. But once someone accepts an invite from you, they are the only person who can change their details.

We are planning to make this easier in an upcoming Android release, where you’ll be able to edit a friend’s info both from the friends setting page as well as from…

9. Add payee using Mobile number

Allow yourself to add a payee using mobile number. Too often you don't have people's email addresses and need to add a payment owing.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Exchange rate option for multiple currencies missing

If exchange rate can be fed amongst currencies by user then final balance can be achieved in single currency.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Add BYN to currencies.

Hey guys! Since July 2016 in Belarus we have new currency after redenomination. It's called BYN - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Belarusian_ruble. Could you please add it to the app? Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Symbol for indian Rupees Currency

It's been so long that Indian Rupees symbol is out. Please include it in Splitwise.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We use the official Unicode symbol for INR (₹) on all devices that support it. If you are using an older mobile device or an older computer, you may still see “INR”, “Rs”, or even a “[?]” symbol to represent that your device does not know how to display the modern rupee symbol.

13. Convite por SMS

O app é ótimo.
    Falta a opção de convidar novos usuários por SMS.
    A opção de ter que colocar o e-mail pode inviabilizar ou ser muito burocrática pra quem recebe.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Integrate a bill splitting app

Whether Splitwise makes this or integrates with another app like Tab, I think it would be super helpful to be able to scan your receipt and split items between people and divide tax and tip accordingly. It's annoying to have to split the receipt (like a restaurant receipt) in Tab and then copy that over to Splitwise. Not enough to make me stop using the app because it's been great but it'd be nice.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow person to exchange the amount they owe and are owed to them e.g. I owe A 100, and B owes me 100, I should b able to say B will pay A

we should pay difference of what we owe and are owed in a group. if you can't settle from your side who will pay whom, allow user to shift the amount, so that I could make people who owe me pay the people whom I owe.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sounds like you’re looking for our “simplify debts” feature. This minimizes repayments between group members but doesn’t change anyone’s total balance. To enable this setting please visit “group settings”.

16. Make it easier to select the currency

Can the currency selection list have the option to just 'type and filter' the currency code on both mobile (android for me) and website?The current set up is just a list, and I sometimes have to scroll so long just to get to GBP or TND.. easier if I could just type the currency code and the list narrow down ! Handy for the frequent travellers amongst us.
    Another, probably more difficult to implement, idea: in groups where debts are in multiple currency , is it possible to allow settlement in a signle currency that the users can choose ?…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. talk to You Need A Budget.

Would be nice to have splitwise handled as a bank account within YNAB. Or within any other budgeting app really. I guess what i'm saying is pretend you're a bank and offer an API which gives third party apps a secure, read-only view of 'transactions'.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. Replace the default profile picture with the first initial of someone's name

Hardly any of my friends have uploaded a custom profile picture. Rather than the default smiley face guy, it should be the person's first letter of their first name (like Gmail). This would make the friends tab look much cleaner and sleek.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. on removing some1 instead of "Mohit removed you as friend" say "Mohit doesn't want to keep track of expenses with you anymore"

when I remove someone it means I don't want to track expenses with that person anymore. so instead of saying "Mohit removed you as a friend" say "Mohit removed you from splitwise, as he doesn't want to track expenses with you anymore, He still wants you as his friend"

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)