Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. email individual on bill share

I can't able to track all the bill's shared by my friend. Everytime I need to come to splitwise webpage to see the bill's. You could add a option on the setting page about send email for each bill shared in the group. Some people like this, some may not. I prefer to receive email on each addition of new bills.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Edit group cancel button

Add a button to the edit group page that doesn't save any changes and goes back to the main screen. Using the back button feels weird.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. global summary for specific friends

If I have a friend that is part of multiple groups and owes me money in each group. It would be great to see a grand total debt for a specific friend and allow a payment to cover multiple groups (auto split).
    for right now I have to go into each group and manually add debts

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve updated the friends page on the web to show a global summary. You can also simplify debts from the gear next to your friends name on that page in the web to consolidate all debts into your friendship, and then add a payment to settle up that amount.

Marshall

4. Contacts list organization

Show the people who owe me money at the top of the list and probably group them- owes me, I owe and settled up , like it works in the splitwise iphone app. Also, provide scroll to browse through the lsit of friends.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Bills across groups

I want to create bills having people belonging to different groups. Currently that doesn't seem to be possible.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. "Even, Plus/Minus $..." splitting

Also from Billmonk, this lets the split stay even, but one person pays $x more than the other(s). Scales arbitrarily.

Perform by subtracting x from the bill total, splitting the fake total, and then adding x back into the one person's share.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: This is now available on the web! To do this you choose “split the bill unequally” and you’ll see the new options on how to split a bill in there (adjustment being one of them)

We plan on adding various new ways to split the bill in the near future. I can see how this would be a good addition to that list.

7. Dates on Bills

I used to be able to set the date of the bill in the next month since that is when I want my room mates to pay up. I like separating the bills out into the months that they are due. With the current (new) format if I want to print out the PDF for the month there would be weird dates for all the bills and for some it would like there are two comcast bills in the same month. Bring the date-set feature back... Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Have a way to remove someone from a group without losing their name in previous transactions

EG, housemate moves out. Don't need to show their name in the list anymore. But don't want them to be shown as [removed] from previous transactions

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Let us choose who to include in an itemised bill instead of creating a column for all friends

There is no need to have all friends be a part of the itemised bill. We now have to unnecessarily uncheck their participation for each time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Itemized bill will now use whichever people are in the “To:” list. If you are in a group and only have a few people you want to include, delete the group token and add the people individually.

Marshall

10. Itemized bill to be modified easily

Bills already added in Groups, need to be modified easily. Web interface shows the whole bill as only a list (needs to editable individual entries). Also I couldn't figure out how to edit an entry from Mobile.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Address book Support

If the app can search the address book to find the name and email of the person then it would be very productive and easy to add people in your group.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Total amount on shared bills

Hi, I was wondering if you could add a feature which shows the total amount on the shared bill. Because when someone submits a shared bill, we will know just our share. It would be good if it was like "This is the total amount and your share is this much". Just a thought!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it clear who I owe money to

I used Bill Monk before this -- and found that their interface was easier to understand. I have to click open the dollar amount to figure out what I owe each person.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure if we’ve actually “completed” this, but it was our intention with the recent round of updates to the web. If it still seems confusing, please send specific feedback on what was difficult to understand.

Marshall

14. International currency support for iOS apps

Why dont you support only USD in iOS app?
    I want to use it in JPY...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 suggestion

Me and my friend share a group in splitwise. To settle up the money I owe him, I had to look the account maintained in the group and also the account that is outside the group. This is confusing. Why would I want to look for multiple accounts/groups if I have decided to pay him the full money that I owe him? please make this easy..........

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve made it so looking at your friends personal page will now include the group balance you have with them and settling up completely from there will settle up all groups.

Marshall

16. Make the number of transaction while settling minimum that too with minimum amount.

While calculating who owes whom how much, we get the the total amount owed to someone or total amount getting back which is the net of what we owe and what we get back, but it still shows the maximum number of transaction which can be reduced to minimum number of transaction with minimum amount in each transaction. For e.g.
    A owes B 200 , B owes C 300 and C owes A 100, so finally A owes 100, B owes 100 and C gets back 200 which is mentioned but the transaction mentioned is like A owes B 200…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Within a group, go on the website and click on “settle up.” There’s an option at the top to turn on debt shuffle, which figures out the minimum necessary transactions to get back to 0.

17. Catrgory for "Entertainment"

Can we get a category (and icon) for "Entertainment" expenses. Meaning like when my friends and I go out to the movies and one of us pays for the tickets. Or like this past weekend when we went out for Karaoke and one of us paid. Sucks to have to just use the "General" label.

Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. New category: Cleaning

It's super common around these parts to hire a cleaning lady and split the bill evenly among the flatmates. A broom would be the perfect icon for that.

Also, it's common to hire a cleaning lady when you rent an apartment for a holiday and split among the travellers, so, double-win! :D

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. Update the "Whats new" section for android app updates, this lets people know what has been updated

Recently I have been getting a lot of updates for the android app. While this is great, I do not know what has been updated, even if its a bugfix, a changelog can be put into the "whats new" section of the android app page showing users what has changed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base