General

1. Splitwise day!

Pls promote making some day of every month as Splitwise day where people can simplify their debts and pay off the balances!!

Sometime like 10th of every month.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Leader and Slacker board

Hi,
    It would be nice to see who's been taking the heat and who's been slacking throughout the month and throughout the year. A graph to depict that would be awesome. this is typically helpful when people don't settle up when they are supposed to. Time value for money... etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this is awesome. There’s nothing like shame to quickly make people pony up the money they owe! This is something that I’ll talk with my teammates and see if it’s something we can fit on the schedule.

3. Make it more clear how to remove someone from a group

I couldn't find where to remove a person from a group on the web app, so I had to do it on my mobile app. Ideally it would as straightforward on each

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! Yep, our website could definitely use some love in the near future – apologies for the confusion. If you need to do this again in the near future, you can remove a group member on the web by opening that group’s page, then clicking the “Settings” icon at the top of the right sidebar and choosing “Edit group settings”.

4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you click on “view full details” under the group balances on the website, you will get a more detailed list of how we think you should settle up with individual settle up buttons like you describe.

We should probably consider showing more options after clicking the general settle up button on the group page.

Marshall

5. create a simple printable summary

I see the detailed summary and the simple group balances view. I wish there were a printable summary of group balances that I could include in an email so that I can explain how much people will pay in an email without taking a screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah, I can see how it would be useful to have something to download and share, especially if not everyone is actually logging in to Splitwise. I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements.

6. I'd like to be able to add a photo with my comment on a bill

If I over or under pay on a bill, I'd like to be able to add a photo with my comment to provide evidence of the overcharge

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! This definitely makes sense. Adding photo support for comments isn’t on our roadmap yet, but hopefully it’s something we can include in a future update.

7. add expand icon

add expand icon in place of distance displaying all the expenses for each Friend.
    Means when i select the expand icon then only it should display the detailed expenses for each category like groups and non groups expenses, else just display the simplified form of expense

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I know the new style of displaying a friend’s balances looks a bit different, but we thought it was pretty important to show the full details – a lot of people were getting confused about their total balances. Hopefully we can keep improving the design in future updates!

8. change the verbiage that states "you borrowed $xx.xx" in monthly statement emails to "you were billed". more accurate, less offensive.

change the verbiage that states "you borrowed $xx.xx" in monthly statement emails to "you were billed". more accurate, less offensive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to capture when someone should replace an item

There is not necessarily a specific cost but sometimes my roommates and I alternate the purchasing of a household item. For example if I buy dishwasher detergent this time my roommate buys it next time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this would be useful. We might find that this complicates our user interface too much to be worth adding, but I’ll keep this up here so we can see if there’s a lot of interest in this kind of feature.

Marshall

10. Have an easy way to enter multiple payments

I wish there was an easy way to record multiple payments (e.g. everyone in the group pays $500 to Michael)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New Product Suggestion - Bank Ledger

I love your platform. You should totally add the ability to allow people to use splitwise as a bank ledger. Essentially it would be the same as your current product save for the other entity in the "group" would be a bank instead of another person.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’d definitely like to include better bank support in the future, though it’ll probably take us a long time to do any actual bank integrations. For now, you could try creating a group, with yourself and one other member called “Bank”, and keep track of a ledger that way…it’s a bit messy, but could be worth a try!

13. Notify amount due depending on specified amount

User can select specified amount in there app settings. if any of his/her friend exceeded that amount (owe or lent) they should get notification.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add office expenses

It'd be nice if there was a built-in way to add the ability to split expenses among office employees, like lunch runs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there – could you give me more details on what you mean? I’m probably misunderstanding your suggestion, but you should already be able to split expenses with co-workers on Splitwise: just add your co-workers as friends (or add them to a group), then add lunch runs and more just like you would any other item on Splitwise. Hope that helps!

15. Expense reminder

I made an expense with a friend who is out of reach for a month. I have already added it to Splitwise but the share has not been decided. I want a reminder after 'd' days (when my friend is likely to be back) that the amount in the expense needs revision. Is this currently do-able?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see why you would want a reminder in this case. This isn’t doable at the moment, though you could add a comment to the expense that you need to update it.

We’re really loathe to add “do it later” features in general to the app because if you get into the habit of putting off entering data (which is the most annoying part of any app like this), you can wind up with a pile of unfinished expenses.

We have a couple of potential features that might help with this, though, so I’m leaving this as under review.

Marshall

16. Unclear what "x paid you $# on splitwise" means

The payment isn't actually occurring through Splitwise, so I haven't actually been paid when I get that email. Would be great to integrate payment options of course!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion! We definitely want to improve our wording for payments – we need to get better at explaining the difference between payments that DO involve actual money transfers (i.e. sending $ through our integration with PayPal) and payments that don’t (i.e. recording that you gave cash to a friend).

17. the "me" requirement for quick-add is inconvenient

Hi, I've been using splitwise for years now, as a replacement for Billmonk. I might not be your typical user since I use it to keep track of what family members owe me, and we never split bills. Thus when I use "quick add", I don't understand why if I write, "sonya owes 54 for dress" it automatically splits the bill and I have to manually un-split it. I have to remember to write, "sonya owes ME 54 for dress" to avoid splitting. If I say she owes me 54, then she owes me 54, not 27. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. using NFC to settle balances directly between 2 phones having splitwise

Using NFC and bank details integration to settle balances directly between 2 phones having splitwise

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t think this is something we’re likely to add, but I’ll leave it up here to see if it’s popular. We do review settle up methods periodically to see if there are any news ones we can add.

Marshall

20. add notes with acknowledge feature

Google Drive (sheets) already has this feature. Basically, instead of a note, you add a comment to a cell which the other person can respond to or acknowledge. So, if my roommate gives me a receipt and I disagree with a charge, I can remove that portion of it, and state my justification for changing the subtotal. That way, (s)he knows why I did it and knows to come talk to me if it doesn't make sense (e.g. where are those batteries you bought? I need some.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I know the feature you’re talking about on Google Drive/Docs/Sheets, and it does come in useful sometimes. This probably won’t get added to our comments in the very near future (it’d require some cross-platform work), but I’ll pass on the suggestion and add it to our list of possible improvements.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base