Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Allow multiple payers for bills on Android version

Right now on the web app, you can enter multiple payers for a new expense. Unfortunately, the Android version doesn't support that feature.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide Graphs on various spending trends

Great app to use. Would be helpful if we get an option to view graphs on spending trends.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Show us all the Data.

I noticed today that there are just last 5 months of data and transactions are shown what if I need to see more or all the transaction since I joined the split-wise.

Please advice and have us an ability to select how much data you wants to see and you can store that data on our phone. Not on your server.

Thank You,
    KruPesh Patel

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the confusion! Splitwise actually keeps all of your data indefinitely – if you’re no longer seeing an old expense, it’s most likely because someone else deleted that bill, or because an old group was automatically hidden due to inactivity.

If you’d like to download a copy of your data, you can always export any group or friend to a spreadsheet on our website. Just log in, click on a friend or group in the left sidebar, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar and choose “Export as spreadsheet”.

4. Monthly total expenses

In All expenses field we can see the expenses for the month but it doesn't have the total expenses.

Instead of manual calculation if you could provide total expenses for every month then it would be great!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Close a Group instead of deleting it

Can you add a feature to Close a Group instead of deleting it?
    All participants have to be Settled up to close a group. People cannot add expenses to a closed group. Show these groups is a separate section. It will help keep the history of groups.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: Android now also hides groups that have been settled for more than 40 days.

While we don’t have plans for implementing a feature to close a group, we do have a feature on the web and iOS (coming soon to Android) where we hide groups and friends that have been settled up for more than a month automatically from your summary view.

6. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show only those friends on home page which either owe me money or to whom I owe money. Other friends can be hidden under 'old.......friends'

Currently, when I select All Balances.. in the drop down above my friends list you show friends with whom I've settled up balances too. You should only show those friends who either owe me money or to whom I owe money. Other friends can be hidden in that menu at bottom. Like that, the list will shrink and will probably show me in one view all friends with pending balances..

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. Show total expense by each member in a group

Sometimes it will be best if you show that "Vikram Spent 350£ total in this group". This will exclude only my expense, not what I paid for others.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Zoe responded

Good news – we do offer this. To access this info on the web:
    1. Open group
    2. Click ‘trends’ button on the right
    Hope that helps! Cheers

9. Website is barely usable on Android

Tested on a Galaxy Nexus using the builtin web browser, and Firefox -- the top bar doesn't size correctly, so you can't actually reach the login button without doing something weird like turning your device sideways and zooming out all the way.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. Be notified in more than one way

Set it up that everyone can have at least 2 ways to be contacted. ie email and or cell phone/txt. And you can do notification icons on your app, that way it tells the person they have a new message and to open the app.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. make the add bill window larger.

The add Bill window is irritatingly small. It sucks to see a whole big screen but very little space to work with. This is especially problematic with itemized bills, where a horizontal toolbar pops up while adding a bill on a 30 inch screen! Please make the add bill window wider...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Auto Shuffle Toggle

As per your comment splitwise is using auto shuffling.
    Does it takes place whenever a use enter any expenses ?

Try to make it manual process rather than automatic.
    Or if we can have a setting to turn off the auto shuffling feature.
    Many people may not like auto shuffling since it will be hard to keep track of what happened.

Manual Shuffling on a button click along with auto shuffle toggle option will be a great feature.

There was a option to turn off debt shuffling in billmonk. I dont want you people to replicate billmonk but many of…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Editable Bills

The creater/reporter of a bill must be allowed to edit all fields.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Difficult to manage payment

Hi Splitwise sounded attractive at first. I imported all my billmonk data, then figured, I was better off with billmonk eventhough their UI was bad and site went down often.

I am not able to change the person who paid for an entry I already recorded.
    A bill entry added with 5 people goes finally as individual entries and hence if I were to delete it, I will have to go to all the people involved in the bill and delete it.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding to a group

Suggest names of people already existing in the other groups. This makes it easier to add and faster too.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Group members

When I see my Dashboard, I see that the individuals in the group membership show that they owe me 0.00 whereas inside the group they owe me some money. Can you have that reflected outside of the group in the Dashboard so that I dont have to go inside to check who owes me how much.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add messages

It would be cool if there were like a message board so everyone can post anything, things like "Could you pay me by the end of the month?" or "Im broke at the moment, hold on pleasee"... so everyone in the group can see them

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have something called the whiteboard that the group members can use for this very thing! At the top of the right-hand sidebar, click the speech bubble icon – it’ll bring up a screen where you can record a message.

We do plan on adding more functionality to this in the future (like a time stamp, a history of messages more like a chat, etc). If there is something else you’d like specifically, let us know!

20. to shuffle debts among group members as well as across members of different groups

there should be a feature to shuffle debts between people of same group as well as across different groups, so that number of transactions made can be reduced to minimum.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base