Skip to content

General

118 results found

1. Payment Reminder

You could add option for monthly payment reminder regarding outstanding amount .

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t plan to add anything to Splitwise that doesn’t convert into other currencies at a generally agreed upon rate. If you owed someone points, there wouldn’t be a simple way to pay them back for it and we couldn’t add suggestions for how many dollars a point is worth.

Marshall

3. Backup

Provide an option to create a backup of all entries of all friends and groups at one click in spreadsheet form.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We don’t plan to bring a more comprehensive CSV export for Splitwise. If you’re looking for a total backup of your account, Splitwise Pro (in your web account settings) has an option to download a complete copy of your data from Splitwise.

4. debt simplification on mobile app

I quite liked the Debt Simplification feature on the web app. Why can't we have a similar feature on the mobile app?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We support debt simplification for groups in our mobile apps (it’s under “Group settings”), but we don’t plan to add more advanced debt simplification features to mobile right now. We’ve found that more advanced versions of “simplify debt” cause a lot of confusion for most people, and that those simplifications are often really difficult to follow, especially when you’re not the one who added the simplification in the first place. Sorry for the trouble!

5. Bring back the old way of entering the cost

The latest iOS update changed the way the cost field works. It used to add digits on as you typed, starting from cents. Now it's more like a standard text field where you put in a decimal point.

It sounds stupid, but this was one of the things I really enjoyed about this app compared with others (Google Wallet, PayPal), and I wished they'd do it your way, but now it's gone here too =(.

Even just a setting to change back would be great (though I get the UI simplification thing and this kinda cuts against that. But I…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

So sorry for the trouble, Andrew! :( I was actually the original proponent for the ATM-style amount field, but the more that we observed it in use, the more issues we found: new users frequently screwed up their first expense, international users often had trouble with it, some 3rd-party keyboards didn’t work well with it, etc. It was a tough decision (especially since all our existing users were already used to the old style), but ultimately I think it’ll help a lot of people.

I don’t think we’re likely to add it as a manual setting, unfortunately, but I’m really sorry for the loss! R.I.P. ATM-style cost field <3

6. Opt out of a group

in some groups i dont participate and still i am in that group. add option to leave a group. unnecessarily i seeany expenses carried out in thaat group which i dint care aboit

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for any confusion. You can remove yourself from a group once your balance is 0 within the group. If you were added to any expenses in error, you can remove yourself from them by editing the bill.

Best,
    Jon

7. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We’ve tried this in the past and found that it add significantly more stress and confusion in general because most people do not want to verify payments. So you wind up with most people just having a pile of “unverified” payments stressing them out.

Marshall

8. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, I don’t think we’re going to add itemized bill splitting to our mobile apps in the near future. Itemized bills aren’t a very frequently used feature on our website, and we haven’t found a good design yet for itemized splits on mobile. (Itemized bills usually require a large amount of typing and lots of checkboxes, and neither of those two things works very well on a smartphone screen.) I’m very sorry for the trouble!

9. expenses should shown under respective dates

expense in group should shown under their respective dates

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! I’m unclear exactly what your suggestion is – would you like us to show the date next to each individual expense in our mobile apps? If so, I’m afraid we probably won’t be making that change. We’ve tried several different designs that included the date for each item, but we ultimately decided that it takes up too much room on small mobile screens, and we found in our testing that the large majority of Splitwise users don’t use the dates on expenses very much. However, you can still see a date next to each expense by logging into your account on our website.

If I’ve misunderstood your request, my apologies! Just leave a comment and I’d be happy to pass on any other feedback you have.

10. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! PayPal doesn’t currently allow us to make payments outside of the US, so I’m afraid we’re unable to offer this feature right now. We hope this will change in the future!

11. highlight the "Save" button better!

I tend to search for it very often after adding my expense info..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Very sorry for the trouble! I’m pretty sure we place the “Save” button in the standard location on both iOS and Android (in the upper-right corner of the screen), so I’m not immediately sure what we could do to make it more obvious. If you have any more specific suggestions, let me know and I’d be happy to pass them on. Thanks!

12. Rename "Expenses" to "History"

To ordinary non-accountants it makes more sense to call it history

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I assume you’re talking about the “Simplify debts” feature that’s on the account settings page on our website? If so, I’m afraid we don’t currently have any plans to bring that feature to mobile – it’s an infrequently used feature, and we’ve found that it often confuses people, so we no longer emphasize it to users. Apologies for the inconvenience!

14. Kill the Hamburger Menu

I would like to see a better navigation method than a side menu. There is a ton of resources out there explaining why it's a bad idea to do it this way. I also think in the case of Splitwise it makes the app a little bit confusing, partially, because it contains redundant information (friend list).
    For iOS at least you could go with a tab bar or maybe do it completely hierarchical.
    I know this sounds like a minor thing and a matter of taste. But I do care about good interfaces and using an app is about how…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

The reason a hamburger menu is bad is because a) people don’t know what it is and b) it’s slow to use if you need it. The current design of the app is based on our most common use patterns and in those cases, the only thing you need the hamburger for are notifications – which should really be badging specific people and items anyways.

Try using the app without ever hitting the hamburger menu and let us know what feels like is missing (beyond notifications). The core home screen is actually designed to give complete access to just about everything.

I’m declining it because this ticket isn’t quite specific enough to be actionable on our end. I’m very happy to hear feedback like “I was trying to accomplish X and it felt really hard to do”. I don’t know what you would consider better in this case. I could…

15. Plates: Allow user to enter absolute tip amount

Currently we can add 0% or 10-25% billing amount as tip.
    Allow tip amount to be entered by user (calculate and show % on basis of that)

This is because when we are in restaurant we prefer rounding up total amount e.g. if total amount to pay is $17.35 we pay @20 but plates app allow us to log it as either $19.95 or $20.13

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Collapse expenses by month

Hi,
    In the expenses we have all listed our expenses under each month, can we have an header for each month, which can be expandable ? When you expand we should see all expenses under that month

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re probably not going to do collapsable months in our mobile app, though we do hope to add the option to view summaries for each month at some point in the future. Thanks for the suggestion!

17. to let people synchronize without internet connectivity

A pretty common usecase for splitwise is people being on vacation together. But data roaming charges are still excessive in many case, so it would be nice if you could synchronize between devices without internet connectivity - e.g. via Ad-Hoc Wifi connections, Bluetooth or NFC.

Of course this would require some kind of initial pairing, but that could be easily done with QR codes to be scanned or when all members of the group have internet connectivity.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would definitely be cool, but it’d also take significant engineering effort, so we’re not likely to add ad-hoc syncing as a feature in the near future.

We do support offline mode in our iPhone app, and offline mode should be coming to Android next month. In those cases, the app allows you to add expenses locally on your phone, then syncs them back to the server the next time you have an internet connection. We think that should be enough for most use cases.

18. A better logo !!

I love the app, but as a graphic designer, I am a bit disturb by the icon of the app. You should draw it on a new perfect grid, find one single typography for everything, and maybe use a more shinny green...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m very sorry you don’t like it! I don’t think we’re likely to change our logo or core design in the near future – we’re still pretty happy with our colors/font/etc, and right now we’re more concerned with building new features and fixing bugs.

If there are specific screens or UI elements that seem wrong to you, feel free to let us know at support@splitwise.com. Otherwise, my apologies for any eye sores!

19. Confirmation of settle up

Because anyone can post settle up so why dont we have a confirmation for the receiver when he receives the money

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Romy! We are committed to keeping Splitwise ‘wiki-style’, meaning everyone can add/edit/delete things. It makes the app easier to use.

You can choose to get an email / push notification anytime someone adds a payment with you, and you can see a list of payments made (and other activity) in your ‘Recent Activity’ tab. I hope these measures will be enough to help you feel like you always know what’s going on.

Thanks for using Splitwise and best!
    Zoe

20. The design for iPhone - intuit ivory

I think, while adding a new bill... The steps should be
    --- to add the bill
    --- to add the people involved
    --- to split the amount per share .
    This may not be a great change to the app but for the app to exist the bill is the start point. So,the process of adding the bill should be first and then the people involved and later the share percentage.
    The design pattern should be a little changed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Actually, this is something we’ve tested quite a bit – different people have different intuitions about how to order the bill’s cost, the description, the people involved, and the amount per share. We tested a variety of different orderings before settling on the current order, so we’re unlikely to change it in the near future. I’m very sorry for the trouble!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base