Skip to content

General

238 results found

1. More robust graphs/trends on mobile

The ability to see YTD spending, break down by cost type, etc. would be great. Also, perhaps a spreadsheet view of expenses.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Our website currently has a few more advanced charts and graphs (totals by category, printable monthly summaries), and our iPhone app has a few basic charts as of v4.0 (group totals, export as spreadsheet). We’re hoping to bring similar features to Android soon, and to add more features as time goes on :)

2. Consider # of previous payments between individuals when simplifying

I've had two groups where I put in a few major expenses. Some people started settling up by sending me a payment, but then others put in a few new smaller expenses. People who already paid me once now owe me a second payment, which is annoying.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! This probably isn’t an easy update to make, unfortunately, but I’ll definitely add it to our list of possible improvements. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

3. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. add expand icon

add expand icon in place of distance displaying all the expenses for each Friend.
    Means when i select the expand icon then only it should display the detailed expenses for each category like groups and non groups expenses, else just display the simplified form of expense

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I know the new style of displaying a friend’s balances looks a bit different, but we thought it was pretty important to show the full details – a lot of people were getting confused about their total balances. Hopefully we can keep improving the design in future updates!

5. Pick a date using calendar layout (i.e. the layout in calendar apps), replacing the date/month/year scroll

It will be easier to pick a date using calendar layout, as sometimes if we use date scroll, we may miss the date/month/year and need to scroll it again.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Button for multiple zero (00 or 000)

Some currencies are usually in thousand (e.g. 54000, 3000, 455000). It will be more effective to use button for multiple zero instead of triple touch the single zero button.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. 11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. Sorting categories

Hi,
    It would be very useful to sort the categories by "most used".

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Matteo. We are about to add many more words to the autocategorization library which will hopefully speed the process of categorizing a bill up a bit. We can consider this for our next round of work on that feature.
    ZC

9. Ifttt integration for automated expense management

Using split wise in ifttt recipes like outputting to a google spreadsheet for example.

95 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow linkage to Chase Quickpay

Chase quickpay is a quick method of payment that is offered by Chase bank and something I use with a lot of people. Would be great to see it added to the payment options instead of just paypal and Venmo. Thanks! Loving Splitwise! Thanks for making life as a student easier between my friends and I - no more sending and forgetting Excel spreadsheets!

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion and for your kind words about Splitwise.

We will considering adding Chase Quickpay integration if the idea gets popular amongst our user base, and if Chase begins providing a free API for Quickpay (that’s the tech thing we’d need to do the integration).

In the meanwhile, sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for using Splitwise!

ZC

11. iPhone app notification

I have badge app notifications (the red circle that is in the corner of the app) turned on on my iphone, but all I get is a banner that pops up when an expense has been added. I don't want to get e-mails or texts, is it possible for a badge to appear? Also once I or the other person have settled up, can we receive a notification? Thanks

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there – sorry for the trouble! I’m afraid the Splitwise app only supports emails or push notifications right now, and not badges on the app icon. Splitwise should send you a push notification by default any time that another person adds a bill or payment with you, but you can turn off those notifications from the “notifications” section of the settings screen.

12. Email Facility to Non Members

Email Facility to Non Members

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m not sure if we’re currently planning any features to directly email someone who’s not on Splitwise, but we do have a few options to export expenses in a spreadsheet or printable summary, which you can then email to a person yourself. Right now, “export as spreadsheet” and “view printable summary” are only available on our website, but we’re working on bringing those features to our mobile apps, too. Hope that helps!

13. Some Enhancement suggestions

Hi,

I am using splitwise for months now. it is very good tool to split the expenses.

I guess few more features would be even more useful for the daily users like me. Below are some of the features i can think of

1. We are using to split the expenses made for Apartments, trips etc. Though we can able to know How much we owe and owed, there is no option for us to find the total expenses made in that particular Trip or Particular group. it would be great, if you could add the feature of total expenses for…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the message! Here are a few quick responses:

1) Yep, we definitely want to do a better job of showing totals! Hopefully that’s something you’ll see in the near future.

2) Actually, you can already export to Excel from our website: just choose a group or friend, then click the settings button at the top of the right sidebar and choose “Export as spreadsheet”. We’re working on bringing this feature to our mobile apps, too.

3) If you click on an expense to view its details, then it should give you a history of all edits made to that expense – if the cost was changed, if people were added or removed, etc. You can also see a brief history of all changes by going to the “Recent activity” screen, which shows all recent changes in your account.

4) Other people have also asked for the ability to…

14. 31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. please show total amount in group expenses

While providin printable summary, the total group expenses should be given in it. man u save a hefty amount of our time. thank you great job man. luv u

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll pass this on – I know we already include totals for how much each individual person paid/owed, so it would make sense to include the total of all expenses, too :)

17. Allow group admin to delay notifications until after all bills are added

There's a lot of confusion when people start adding bills and the numbers owed keep changing. It would be better if we could all add our bills for a trip and then once that is complete, trigger the notifications. No need to get so many texts until a trip is all tallied.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We generally try to send notifications for expenses as soon as things happen, as most groups (apartments, etc) are used slowly over long periods of time, but I can see how this’d be useful in cases like yours.

18. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Group Permissions

i know that you already thought about it for sure

but my idea at least the remind button
    other users can remind others for spamming only
    note that i created the group and A,B is members