Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. To have Pie Chart for Dashboard Chart View

Currently we have Bar Chart. I would be better if we have Pie Chart Over there. It will be convenient for Viewing also.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Bitcoin is not often used on Splitwise but we would like our currency handling to be better as some currencies do not even have decimal points and some countries use commas. We’ll add this to the list of ways to make currencies more flexible but it’s not possible to say at this time when we’ll be able to implement it.

3. 3D Touch / Force Touch frequent contacts

In iOS, it would be great to be able to set frequent contacts (and groups) so they appear in the 3D Touch / force touch menu on the app icon. This would speed up creating new bills for people or groups that you frequently interact with.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, that makes a lot of sense! I could also imagine the Splitwise app automatically showing your top friends when you use Force Touch, or maybe showing you the most recent person/group that you split an expense with. I’ll pass on your feedback and add it to our list of ideas for future updates :)

4. Suggest who should pick up the tab

When entering a new bill (particularly at a restaurant, but there are many scenarios), once all of the names have been entered into "With you and", figure out who owes the most money among the participants and suggest that person as the "Paid by".

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Let users indicate when they have entered all expenses for a group

The way that my friends and I have been using Splitwise for the past year and a half is, for any group trip we take, we create a separate Splitwise group for that trip. It's a great workflow and Splitwise has been invaluable to us, but one tweak would make it even better:

We use "simplify debts" to cut down on transactions, and to make that work best, it's best for everyone to wait for every expense from the trip to be added before settling up. The way we've been handling it has just been to have everyone add their…

164 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I totally understand this use case – “don’t settle up until I add everything” is something I’ve heard friends of mine say anecdotally. I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements for future versions :)

6. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll pass it on! For now, you may want to check out the “printable monthly summary” feature for groups on our website. Just log in, click a group in the left sidebar, and then click the “view printable summary” link above each month’s expenses, and you’ll get an itemized breakdown of all the transactions for the month.

7. Auto-detect category by querying previous expenses

For example, imagine I go to a restaurant called "Alice and Bob".
    1st time I add an expense, I type "Alice and Bob" in the Description and select "Dining out" as category.
    2nd time, I type "Alice and Bob" the app may select "Dining out" by itself.

Splitwise is still awesome without this feature, but it would definitely be something nice to have!

104 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Yep, this definitely makes sense – right now, we auto-detect certain words like “dinner”, but we don’t do any intelligent matching based on your past expenses. I’m not sure how technically involved this would be, but I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for the future :)

8. Split who payed

Sometimes, in a large group, 2 or 3 people pay for everybody else, so it'd be cool if in the "Who paid" you could also specify a "split" option.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements for the future. For now, of course, you can always use the “Paid by multiple people” option and manually enter an amount for each person who paid – though I realize that’s not super convenient if you’re just trying to split the total across 2 or 3 people :)

9. Printable Summary for NonGroup Expenses

Like a printable summary for each separate group, is it possible to get a printable summary for non-group expenses

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll add this to our list of possible features for the future. For now, you could try exporting a spreadsheet from the friend screen – you can only do it for one friend at a time, but it’ll list all of your non-group expenses with that particular person.

10. Make it straight channel to give feedback about deleting an account.

Make it straight channel to give feedback about deleting an account. I had an older account, which I noticed after signing in with a new email. So I deleted the new account in order to use the previous account with better email-address. The delete page asked to shortly tell the reason for deleting, but the link gave just the support page. So, I suggest you will make shorter route to tell, why deleting the account :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. To add the time at which bill is added by a person along with the price and date of the bill.

When a bill is added, only the date and price of the bill is shown. I suggest you also add the time of the bill.. like when the person is adding the bill on Spiltwise (by App or by PC).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. seen by feature

imclude a feature which shows that the bill is seen by how many of the roomamates and who has seen the bill

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Apple Wallet / Passbook Integration

Imagine opening you Apple wallet and you see a card saying "you still owe £150". Might make you think twice before spending more money on your Apple card. What a great way to remind you you still owe money. A split wise widget reminder right inside your digital wallet.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Venmo Charges

You venmo integration is great, but you currently cannot request money and create a Venmo charge. This would help remind people to settle debts. You've already integrated with the Venmo API, and according to their documentation, all you need to do is put a negative amount in the request to create a charge -- this should be easy (see: https://developer.venmo.com/docs/payments).

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. set a count for how many times an expense should recur

This applies to both the Mobile and web apps. There is an option in the date pop up where you can select the expense to recur at an interval (weekly, fortnightly, monthly etc). My suggestion is to include an option to select how many times it should recur.

For example, a friend of mine borrowed cash which he promised to pay back in 6 equal installments. Split wise allows me to opt for the expense to recur monthly, but doesn't allow me to limit it to 6 times.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow incoming bills be linked directly to Splitwise

Is there a feature where we could link our incoming bills for other users involved to see? If not, I'd love to see it. For example, it would be nice to have an electronic gas bill come in as a read only document so everyone paying can just look straight at the bill when it is received and not have to wait for someone to post what payment would be. I suppose it would be linked through your email acct and/or utility company. This transparency also allows people to be more on top of their payments, and more accountable should…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. Using Chillr as a payment method in India

Hello Splitwise Team,

Your app is amazing and we, the sub 30 population in India use it and love it a lot

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! We’re definitely open to integrating with more payment providers in the future, and we’d love to start adding payment methods in India. Chillr doesn’t appear to have a public API right now, which we’d need in order to integrate, but we’ll keep them in mind for future updates!

18. Google Android Pay

https://developers.google.com/android-pay/

This should be integrated and is more secure then Venmo.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Android Pay does not currently allow person-to-person money transfers – it’s primarily meant for paying businesses and merchants. If Android Pay or Google Wallet starts to allow free person-to-person money transfers via an API, then we’d definitely be happy to look at adding them as a payment option.

19. sum of expenses by type

hello :) I think it could be nice if you could summarize your expenses by type (e.g. liquors or entertrainment) :)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a very basic version of this on our website right now (under “Trends” in the right sidebar), as well as on iPad. Hopefully it’s something we can bring to more devices in the future!

20. Improve offline mode: Allow adding offline friends

Need to have a complete offline mode to add offline friends and single handedly record and manage all group expenses.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 37 38

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base