Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. All Expenses Page Improvements

First : i really appreciate the services you provide for free and the site is amazing :)

It would be nice if you can display the total ( from all friends etc ) i owe and someone owes me when i visit the All Expenses Page.

When i visit the All Expenses page,
    1. At the top let me see my status ( how much i owe and how much others owe me totally )
    2. For each friend category, display the same information - currently i can see only the list and no totals

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Splitting Unequally by shares or % on Android app

I would like to see this feature on the Android app too :) I love that it's been implemented on the web version.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Currency Default

It's way to easy to accidentally use the wrong currency. I'm trying to use SW with some of my less tech savvy roommates and I don't think they should have to fiddle with settings in order to use USD by default.

Could you use location info to set defaults automatically? Could there be a dialogue when an account is created asking for currency? Could I set a default currency for all transactions related to a certain group?

Great web app! I'm excited to see where this goes in the future. Keep up the good work.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We now automatically set the default currency based on your location and do our best to guess the correct currency when you are adding an expense in a group or friendship that uses multiple currencies.

Marshall

5. Grouping of expense by subject

When I divide a bill let us say monthly parking and I want to see only parking expenses for the last few months, then there should be an option of directly grouping the parking expenses, so that user can see themselves that how much money has been spent just on parking only.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add egyptian pound

Please add this currency!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Save $ value, bill name, etc. when adding more people to the bill

Currently, the "Divide a bill" window is laid out with the amount and name of the bill at the top. One fills them in, then gets to the part where you can add people to the bill. If you do so, the amount and name are lost. Obviously, it should save those.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. edit a bill by adding new member

i paid the rent on 1st and i'm living with two people.i made the entry on 2nd in split wise. Now on 4th a new member joins my house and i want to add his name in rent bill but i cant.
    so should have an interface to add a member in bill as there is option to remove one.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow participants in a transaction to be edited

It should be possible to edit participants after a transaction has been created. Deleting and recreating the transaction is a pain.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Future settlement plan

If I could use some advance planning feature, like adding next month settlement that I would do.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already add expenses or payments for the future – just change the date when adding items to Splitwise. They’ll show up in your list of expenses immediately, and be included in your total balance. (We don’t plan to support “pending” future expenses that don’t apply to your total balance, as we think that makes it more difficult to understand at a glance why you owe the amount that you owe.)

11. Can we have a Gifts category?

Scenrario:
    Four friends buy a birthday present for their fifth friend, and they want to split the cost.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have a link to the help page somewhere on the website.

Or make it findable in Chrome (if it is there I could not find it; nor could google). I found it under the Feedback link on the website - but only found suggestions on Feedback page at first, then when I had given feedback which was really a support request, I found a place to ask for support.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

There should be an orange “feedback” tab/button at the bottom right of every page on Splitwise – when you click it, you’re given the option to give feedback or contact support. We’re sorry if you missed it! We’ll think about ways to make it more visible.

13. Payment row too small to be noticed

After settling an amount, the payment row that appears seems to be too small.
    I think it should me made taller or more contrasting for better visibility.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve settled on the current design for the payment row. We’ve also started hiding expenses whenever your total balance hits 0 to help things feel properly settled up.

Marshall

14. Show email id when hovering over the display name

Please have a feature to show the email id when you hover over the display name.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  15. Add more icons

Add more icons like for drink, vegetables. entertainment

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Histroy for a single person

We need to be able to see history for a person. So by clicking on their name we should see all the bills that person have posted that involved the user and all the bills that the user has posted involving the other person.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Simplified debts

Allow debt simplification to disconsolate debts . For example if X owes me 5 , Y owes me 25 and Z owes me 20 , an option to have X owe me 50 and rest settled up. Useful in inter apartment transactions where you know one person in an other group better and easy to do transaction with him.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. Settle Up feature missing!

I used to be able to click "settle up" see a full list of who owes what to who with a simplify debts on/off switch. I live in a shared house and we would print out this full list of what is owed for everyone to see. Can you bring that back? If we can't print out everyone's totals then we will not be able to use this site anymore.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature still exists – we just moved it around a bit :) If you click “More details” at the top of the screen, next to the description of your balance, you should get the same full summary of what everyone owes each other.

19. Do you support debt shuffling between friends?

I see this feature supported in most of the bill managing websites. Will be very helpful if you could add the support.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do support debt shuffling (or “debt simplification”, as we call it) – just visit your user settings page on the website, and you’ll see a button to simplify your debts.

20. Show group balance summary on group page

I use Splitwise with a rather large group of people and we rarely settle up completely. We just take turns in who is going to pay to make sure no one owes too much or is owed too much.

To do so, the group page is key. Opening it used to give, in a simple glance, a way to see every individual balance for all group members. It was easy to know who would have to pay the next rounds!

With the group redesign, the only information I see when I log in is how much I owe to a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base