Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Currency conversion

When I went to Cancun, I charged/paid for things at different locations and at each location, there was a different exchange rate for the peso to USD. I would like to suggest a way to set the exchange rate for each item when doing a "trip" group. I ended up having to manually calculate the conversion and split it up each night for a group of 16.

321 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    50 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Currency conversion is now included with our premium version, Splitwise Pro (https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe). Right now, it’s a web-only feature, but we hope to add it to our mobile apps in the future!

On the web, if you click on a friend or group in the left sidebar, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, you’ll see an option to convert all transactions with that friend/group to your default currency, using the current market exchange rate. You’ll also see a suggestion to convert currencies appear automatically when viewing a group with balances in multiple currencies.

Hope this helps a bit! We’d definitely like to continue improving multiple currency support over time – I can’t say how quickly that will happen, as we’re a very tiny team, but it remains on our to-do list for the future. If you have suggestions or feedback, feel free to…

2. Send Notification for any update

Hello,

Please add this functionality.

Thanks
    Suresh Bhandari

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Edit Friend Details

The ability to edit things like the names of friends would be nice to have. When you invite a friend via email, his email address sometimes becomes his displayed name and then changing it is not possible.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A friend’s name can be edited as long as your friend hasn’t yet logged in. On the web: click the friend in the left-hand sidebar, then click the gear/settings icon at the top of the right-hand column, and then choose “Edit friend info”. On the iPhone: tap on a friend, then tap the balance at the top of the screen, then hit the “Edit this friend” button. (We’ll be bringing this feature to Android as well in the very near future.)

Please note that once a friend has logged in, you can no longer change their info – that person has claimed their account, and they are now the only person who can update their name, email, etc.

4. Monthly email reminders

I like the function to email people in the group to remind them to settle up. Our rent is due on a certain day every month. It would be great if there was a setting to select this settle up email to go out automatically on a certain day each month.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

By default, there’s a monthly summary email that goes out to all users on the first of the month. You can also set up an automatic reminder email for a specific bill by going into the date settings for that bill – click on the date, then choose a repeat interval, and you should see an option for sending a reminder in advance.

Hope that helps! If you’re looking for something different, or if I’ve misunderstood your suggestion, let us know at support@splitwise.com – we’d love to hear your thoughts :)

5. Delete Expense

1. When a expense is deleted, a push notification is sent to ios users, however it doesnt say who deleted the expense?

Could you please add this information in the push message.

1. When the push notification is clicked, it should take straight to that particular expense details and not the overview screen.

Please do the needful for our convenience.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. IOS7

Design the app around the new IOS 7 design. I've seen so many apps take advantage of the new design and come out with incredible improvements

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Recognize gmail addresses with or without periods

My friend invited me to Splitwise using my gmail address xxx.y.z.x@gmail.com. When I tried to log in using xxxyzx@gmail.com (same address, but Google lets us put periods for easier dictation and understanding), Splitwise did not recognize this as the same account. Confused, I created a separate account using the email address without periods, only to find that now I have two Splitwise accounts. Having the ability to add multiple emails would also address this issue.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Update: sorry for the delay! We now handle this correctly.

Definitely a good suggestion – we’ve had similar confusion with “@gmail.com” vs “@googlemail.com” in the UK and some other territories. We hope to add support for multiple emails later this summer, and better support for Gmail specifically.

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. Don't require email address for group members

Requiring group members to have a unique email address makes it difficult to keep track of money I owe myself.

I sometimes borrow money from a savings account and want to track how much I "owe" myself which SplitWise would be perfect for with a slight change. The current system only allows unique email addresses as group members so I have to use a workaround to add my savings account as a member so I can record my repayment.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Actually, email addresses are already optional for group members – on the “create group” page, just leave a person’s email blank when adding them. The field should say “Email address (optional)”. Hope that helps!

10. that there should be a free text to enter comments

Having a free text to enter comments helps to keep a record like what item cost how much or some basic calculation done before punching bill to save time and unncessary number of iteration

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Viresh – you can already include a note with any expense you add, by entering text into the Notes field. That field is designed so that you can include comments or extra information about a bill.

Hope that helps – let me know if I’ve misunderstood your suggestion!

11. Allow to add a new member while editiing expenses

1)Edit an expense
    2)click on split equally
    3) Try to add a new member in the bill

IT cannot be done because the current transaction involves only selected people.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

If you’d like to add an existing friend to a bill, just click the “With you and:” field at the top of the “Edit bill” form and add that person’s name. (If you’re trying to invite an entirely new person, there’s a bug in the form that prevents this, but we’re hoping to fix that issue soon.) Hope that helps!

12. Edit friends bug

I had same friend with different email ids I was not sure how to merge them. But after looking at the new edit friend I changed one of the email id to already existing one. So instead is merging those two I lost the details of one.
    I loved your iOS app at the first glance. I've recommended your app to at least 50 ppl. Please get the android app to the same level thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow user to download/backup their transaction history in excel or pdf

Allow user to download/backup their transaction history in excel or pdf

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You can download a .csv version of your expenses with any friend or group – just visit that page on the web, click the settings/gear icon next to their name, and choose “Export to spreadsheet”.

You can also download monthly PDF summaries for groups by clicking the “view as PDF” link in each month’s header.

14. Show contact info

Give users the ability to see the contact info linked to each contact's name. Sometimes, I'd like to know if I'm sending a notification to someone's email or phone number but there's no way to see. For some reason, sometimes I have two contacts for the same person and one will be linked to an email address and another will be linked to a phone number but I can't tell which one is which.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Windows Phone app

The smartphone ecosystem is getting wider now with Windows Phone...it would be very nice if you had an app in the Windows Marketplace as well, like you have for iPhone and Android. Thanks!

326 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Splitwise-the-company is a bit too small to build our own Windows Phone app right now, unfortunately. (We’re only a few engineers, and we’ve already got our hands full with iPhone, Android, and web!) However, there are now three 3rd party Windows Phone apps: “Splittr”, “Centwise”, and “Split It”. They are not created by Splitwise, but act as a Splitwise client.

Splittr works on WP7.5 and up. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/splittr/d2307de6-10c0-4b5c-9527-7c549370a447

Centwise works on WP7.5 and up. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/centwise/faeb5f7b-fbb6-41c6-8fac-17d81dae703d

Split It works on WP8 and up. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/split-it/df492da8-c150-46aa-8d70-be96a8fdafda

Check out our blog posts about them:
    http://blog.splitwise.com/2013/03/13/a-windows-phone-8-client-at-long-last/
    http://blog.splitwise.com/2013/03/22/centwise-windows-phone-7-5-splittr-updates/

Splitwise currently has no plans for an official Windows Phone app, but we’re very thankful to the developers who have used our API and made their own – thanks a lot!

16. Allow an account to have multiple email addresses

Since people use multiple email addresses. It would be great to have the ability to merge all email addresses under a single account.

This way a person can "friend" someone based on whichever email address they know

229 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: you can now add multiple email addresses in your account settings.

We’ve now added the ability to merge accounts in your account settings on the web. Full support for multiple email addresses is still unavailable.

Marshall

17. Allow me to delete a friend

I can't find any way to delete a friend on web or mobile.

eg: I have the same person with two email addresses and they appear twice in my friend list so I want to delete one entry. Or I've got too many friends and I want to simplify my list to people that I'm actively likely to share bills with.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

On the web: go to that friend, then click the gear next to the name on the top, and then click “Remove friend” or “Edit friend info”.

On iOS or Android: from the dashboard, tap on that friend, then tap on the header (where their total balance is displayed), then tap “Delete this friend”.

You may not be able to delete a friend if you have bills together that also involve other people (as deleting that person and those bills would affect other people’s balances as well). If you need special assistance, feel free to contact us at support@splitwise.com.

18. Add hotel option.

I use this service for group travel expenses. It'd be nice to have a specific category for hotel expenses.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Be able to say someone paid you in cash even if they are the one that owes you money

Basically if a person owes you money and you simply want to record that the payment took place, you should be able to on your end say they paid you in cash (or by some other means).

i.e. Person B owes me money. I paid for X dollars for the bill and they owed half. Person B paid me in cash (or some other means other than paypal), but hasn't marked that they have done so on Splitwise. I would like to be able to say they paid me in cash without necessarily have to wait for them to indicate…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You should be able to do this already – just click the “Settle up” button on the web and choose “Record a cash payment”. You can specify who paid who and how much, even if the person paying isn’t you, and that payment will be added to your account.

Hope that helps! If I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking for, shoot us an email at support@splitwise.com and we’d be happy to help further.

20. history - logs

There is no way to see all the history (what if someone edited the amount later on?)

1) I should be able to see all modification done to a transaction
    2) I should be able to see the entire logs of the group (what if a transaction is deleted)
    3) I should be able set a settlement or freeze account thing, so that any new addition are a fresh start and modification to historic data would not influence current settlement , something like starting on fresh excel sheet.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

There is now a recent activity tab which will show you any changes since the last time you looked. There are also detailed comments that get added to expenses when they get changed so you can see what is different.

Marshall

1 2 6 8 10 33 34

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base