Skip to content

General

376 results found

1. Splitwise Avatar

I would appreciate it if you could put a skirt on my splitwise avatar. Thank you.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. add a "Opt In/Out" or "Disputable" tag

Add a flag that lets members of a group easily identify transactions that require their input. E.g. One person bought beer for the house not knowing specifically who would want to throw in for it. It would be very helpful to have a flag/tag for transactions that need input from other group members.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a notes section in the expense right now. We’re planning to add some more detailed messaging to the app at some point which will make it easy to talk about particular expenses with group members to deal with the cases you describe.

Marshall

3. keep it simple!

The last version of the website was just OK. You have made things more complicated!
    There also seems to be a flaw. The transactions in the All Expenses part seems to be useless and also misleading!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We updated the website to handle some use cases and issues that were not possible in the old layout. We’re still bringing a few of the old features to the new layout. Please let us know if there are any specific things you miss and we’ll see if we can address them.

What about the All Expenses part seems useless/misleading?

Marshall

4. Require users to approve expenses they are involved with

When one person in a group adds an expense, the other members of that group should have to manually approve the expense before it is added to their balance.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve considered this feature before and decided against adding it. For many users, this might be a hassle: we would clog their email inbox with unnecessary messages asking for confirmation. We also think this would make balances more confusing, as it might be difficult to figure out which bills are “confirmed” and count towards the balance and which bills are still “unconfirmed”.

5. Keep track of debt w/o inviting friend

I'd like the ability to keep track of debts without inviting the other person. Examples of this would be me borrowing money from say my grandparents (who don't even have a computer). This would be useful as I could then have a broad overview of both money owed to me and money I owe on my dashboard and I'd be able to have a "record" of payments.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Barrett – we do allow this in groups, but we’ve decided not to allow it in friendships. Friend invites are a core part of how we grow as a site, so for better or for worse an email address is required. Sorry! Thanks for the suggestion, and let us know if you have any other thoughts or suggestions.

6. Shared shopping list

It would be nice if we could share a shopping list with my roommates.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We do have a whiteboard feature in the new interface on the website that you could use for a shopping list, but we will probably not support anything more complicated than that.

Marshall

7. email notifications

Please stop forcing me to send emails to people when I want to track who I owe money to. The fact that I MUST send an email to someone before I can track something is invasive. You have a great app, but that part is a show stopper. Dont' MAKE people send emails. The fact that I track who I owe money to using an app on my iphone should be my choice to share, not a pre-req.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Splitwise is, at it’s core, a communication and fairness tool, not a private ledger. If you really want to keep a private ledger, add a group with your self and another person and simply leave the email blank when you add the other person.

Marshall

8. Change the group Icon

its confusing to have the home icon for groups. It would be better if you use a picture with multiple people.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In user testing, using an icon with multiple people is more confusing than the current icon. We do plan to change this icon with our next major release to something less house specific.

Marshall

9. how the heck can someone else delete an entry I made ?

Your application is awesome, but it has a huge flaw when it comes to the part where someone else is allowed to delete an entry i made. I see that you have notifications set up when such thing happens but this will not work. You should not allow this to happen in the first place. By giving everyone right to delete anyone else's entry in a group you are losing customers like me to billmonk.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We allow group members to edit or delete anything within that group. This is because we want anyone within that group to be able to fix a mistake and have total transparency. If you create a friendship with a person, then the only people that can edit or delete an expense will be the people involved.

10. Disable Simplify Debt on a per item basis

Option to exclude items when simplify debt is on in a group

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We received some follow-up separately, and it sounds like the original use case was to be able to settle up a specific expense separately and still have Simplify debts work for the rest of the group.

In this case, you can always use the Settle up button in the group to record a payment between any group members equal to the amount owed on the specific expense. These payments will then be included in the Simplify debts algorithm and the balances will work out correctly.

If this is not what you were looking for, please send us a note at support@splitwise.com

11. Groups is a terrible concept

Can we just add debts without needing groups? It's tedious to create a group for every single friend or group. Or just have a uber group for everyone. It's just ugly. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback Srikanth. After a few months, we have come around a bit to your way of thinking. We certainly plan to continue to support groups – most people currently on the site love them! – but we want to focus on making splitwise work awesome without them too.

- Jon

12. Keep records of all past payments

Every time a bill is paid there is a record of that payment so someone could look back at who paid what to whom in the past.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Update: we still have not heard back for clarification, so I’m closing this out – Marshall

Hi there,

Thanks for writing – could you clarify a bit? We do keep a running record of all previous bills, who paid them, and which users paid each other. You can see that record either right from the main interface, or you can download an .csv of everything, or a PDF with the record from any previous month.

Cheers,
    Jon

13. Dashboard

For payments, its better to mention "You Paid" than "You get back"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. That only relative data to that person should be shown to the user

Entries related to respective persion should be visible to that person and not all entries.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This behavior is intentional – in a group, we believe that all group members should be able to see all expenses. This allows members of the group to more easily correct mistakes and get an complete picture of what’s going on.

On the web, if you wish to view only the expenses that involve you, you can click “Hide items not involving me” under the “Other actions” menu.

For more, see this helpdesk article: http://feedback.splitwise.com/knowledgebase/articles/89944

15. Editing IOUs should use the "IOU" pop-up

After entering an IOU, click on "edit expense" in lists of debit/credit between two persons, it opens the expense editor, this isn't the expected behavior. Expense editor has too many unrelated UI elements that does not apply to IOU.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’re actually just planning to make IOUs and expenses use the same input form (which will be updated to support both cases better), so this will not be relevant after the next update.

Marshall

16. Display Gross need to collect and need to pay

Please include a graphical display or a simple text displaying the gross amount that a account holder has to receive and pay

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I’m only declining this because it’s a duplicate of this ticket. If you’d like to go and add your votes to that, it would be great!

https://splitwise.uservoice.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/3090730-total-amount-i-owe-and-i-am-owed-on-dashboard

We’re going to be doing a big meeting this week and the dashboard is going to be one of our main focuses. I agree that this would be a nice addition to the dashboard info, so hopefully this is something we can get in there quickly!

17. Transaction Privacy

I find it a problem that everyone in the household can see all transactions even if they aren't involved in them.

Say I share a house with two people. I charge more for one room than the other. I have created separate monthly transactions for each amount for each person. The problem is that person A can see how much person B is paying for rent, and vise versa, possibly creating household tension.

If someone isn't involved in a transaction at all, it should not show up in their transactions list.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’ve decided that all group expenses should be able to be seen by everyone in that group.

You can get around this by creating a friendship with a person if you’d like to have private expenses with people directly.

18. PRIVACY

PRIVACY IS NOT PROVIDED IN THIS SITE THAT MEAN EACH AND EVERY PERSON IN THE GROUP CAN SEE THE OTHERS DETAILS LIKE WHO OWE,HOW MUCH ONE OWE TO OTHER LIKE THAT...THAT SHOULD BE ELIMINATED...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have intentionally made all information in groups public. Anyone in the group should be able to easily verify that the totals listed for balances and amounts owed are correct. If you want private expenses, add them to friendships. In the friendship side of things, any user can see an expense they are a part of, but nothing else.

Marshall

19. Option of DISABLE HIDDEN SETTLED BILLS!

Have the option for showing or hidding settled bills so they appear without having to click on "Show Settled Bills".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. Add geotagging!

It would be awesome to have geotagged expense entries!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This is an interesting feature but it would take a good deal of work and wouldn’t be utilized for the vast majority of users. Geographic information can be added to the notes field for each expense.

1 2 6 8 10 18 19

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base