Skip to content

General

376 results found

1. Add face mapping filters on people's pictures

Add snapchat like filters on people's faces depending on who owes money and who is owed money to add more fun to the transaction experience.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Display not involved payments or setlled up payments also

Instead of clicking and checking the setlled up bills, just display the not involved payments or setlled up payments as is. It will be less confusing when more is summarised on the page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing in with your suggestion. I don’t think this is something we will do. We find hiding settled up expenses reduces clutter and confusion, and as you note, you can always click to show settled bills. Apologies for any inconvenience!

3. Private option for Venmo payments

I always settle up through Venmo but prefer to keep my payments private. I'd really like to see an option through the Splitwise UI to do this. Not sure if this is on the radar for the dev team or not. Just wanted to throw some support towards it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! If you’ve changed your overall privacy settings on Venmo to make transactions private, the web flow will use those settings. It seems like this should work for you if you want to keep everything private.

4. Add 'My share' view

Currently the expense detailed are itemized either 'You borrowed' or 'You lent'. Suggest to add a view of 'My share' to see how much I spent in a group on an itemized level (I see there is a Group Total function to see in aggregate only). Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t think we will add an itemized share amount to the app, though we will probably add a month-to-month breakdown by expense category at some point to the mobile apps (we have this under trends on the website now).

Marshall

5. More Payment Methods?

Hi,

I was curious if Splitwise would be looking into adding more payment methods to their mobile and web platforms. Venmo and PayPal are really popular, but I have friends who aren't all on the same page, plus there's a disconnect with my parent's older generation.

Expanding to use Google Wallet/Android Pay apps or clearXchange network payments for banks (like Chase QuickPay) would definitely go a long way.

You're already half way there with Google sign-in!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We do look at adding new payment integrations when they’re popular and have support for our kind of use (at the moment, neither Google Waller not Chase QuickPay offer integration support we could use).

I’m declining this because we have a number of open feature requests for specific payment integrations. Please go vote for or comment on the individual integrations you would be interested in using! I know you listed them here, but it’s important for us to track each integration request separately.

Marshall

6. Make payment from screen that appears immediately after clicking on push notification

My workflow with Splitwise is usually as follows:

1. My roommate adds an expense and bills me
    2. I get a push notification of what I owe
    3. I click on the notification and splitwise opens

From the screen that opens, it'd be great to be able to have a 'Pay with Venmo' option right there, as it's what I want to do almost 100% of the time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing in with this interesting idea! I can see how this would be useful for you. Most of our users don’t pay after every expense is added, so I think this might end up causing frustration/confusion for the majority of our users.

7. If not everyone in the group owes for the bill, it should be "split equally with # people"

Currently, if I add a bill that's split equally between only some of the people, it still says "split equally". It should be more clear - split equally with x persons.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Include 'settled up' status updates in the group timeline. e.g. 'user xxxx is settled up as of xx/xx/xxxx'

Sometimes in the group activity, if there are multiple people (for example roommates) paying a single renter in the same house, the list of payments and bills can get pretty confusing. And when cash payments are recorded instead of the in-app payment system, it's not always easy to determine (or prove) that a user was all paid up before the latest bills were added. so if, in the timeline of activity, when a user makes payment in full and is considered 'settled up', it would be nice to have it reflected in that same timeline WITH a date stamp. this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, thanks for the feedback! We do need to do a better of explaining why you owe what you owe. We have some other ideas for explaining where your totals are coming from that should help with this problem, but I’m not sure when they will be available.

9. Add privacy options for payments. for eg: if a group contains A, B & C. a split is added between A&B then C shouldnt be able to see it.

this checkbox option can be made optional while adding the bill, the payer can check the checkbox if he feels 'not involved' users need not see the split. this will save unnecessary temporary duplicate groups.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we don’t have plans to support custom privacy settings like this on an expense-by-expense basis, as we think it makes it too complicated to understand who has access to what.

If you’d like to add a single expense that is only visible to the people participating directly in the expense, then you should try adding a “non-group” expense, which does not belong to any particular group. These expenses are only visible to the people involved. Non-group expenses are intended as a way to add expenses and payments with lots of random people, without needing to create a new group every time.

10. filter the expenses in the activity tab based group participants....

I want to see expenses done by me since last settlements.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t think we’re likely to add this kind of feature to the activity tab. We are planning to look at adding more features in groups and friendships to let you search the expenses that should allow you to look for expenses you’ve added since your last settlement if you want.

Marshall

11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow people leave the description field empty. Most of time, category is enough. Thanks!

Allow people leave the description field empty. Most of the time, the category is enough. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’re settled on our current requirements of an amount and a description. The one shortcut that might help you is if you type the name of the category in the description field, the app should automatically update the category for you.

Marshall

13. update the label to change the word "owes" when someone has paid for others.

Example: We have a shared expense in a group that was paid by NiceGuy1. He paid $1000 to be split equally among 10 people.

In the details of the expense, one can read "NiceGuy1 paid $1000 and owes $100". This confuses him, because "owes" suggests that NiceGuy1 should pay someone something.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is the expanded information which is used to indicate that as one of the 10 members of the expense, “NiceGuy1” owes 1/10 of the expense or in this case $100. Since he paid all $1,000 the simpler information displayed before you expand the expense should say that he is owed the outstanding $900 from the members he paid for.

14. Option to Personalize Amounts Formats

for example, add commas, delete cents, etc

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be helpful, but the apps and website are not really built in a way that makes this reasonable to add. At some point we might handle specific currencies differently (and we currently try to respect your country settings for commas vs periods in amounts), but total customization isn’t something we plan to add.

Marshall

15. I need analysis on how my montly spending is on different caterogies like groceres, rent etc.

the analysis must portray info in a pie chart or some other graphical chart among different category of expense and must give some analysis on how to save money among different categories and how to budget monthly expense on different category.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have some of this on the trends in the web app (look at view full trends under the trends section on the right sidebar). We aren’t planning to add comprehensive budgeting tools to the app.

Marshall

16. On Groups left column separate the settled bills from the open bills

On Groups left column separate the settled bills from the open bills.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t really have a notion of settled bills vs open bills in the app. What we will do is if the balance in the group ever hits 0, we will hide all expenses that are before the 0 balance behind a click. We’re open to improving this functionality, but we are unlikely to add anything to mark bills as settled up.

Marshall

17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Add setting or advanced feature to decide who bears the burden of uneven divisions

May I suggest adding an "Advanced Setting" that allows the user to decide who bears the burden of uneven divisions?

The option would allow the user to choose a simple "Me" or "Them" such that if the user chose "Me" as the bearer of uneven divisions then debts would be split evenly (to the cent) over all debtors and the user would bear any leftovers from the division operation.

For example ("Me" option), if the bill is $60.01 split over 3 people (including the user), then each person should pay $20.00 but the users takes on the extra $0.01.

An…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The uneven cents are randomly distributed among group members. We want to make it randomly distributed the same after an expense is updated instead of it being randomly reassigned again but we will likely not add a setting to determine this ahead of time.

19. Ability to send a splitwise contact to others

You've been there before! Someone in the group pays the bill for the furst time but doesn't have the details of all othe other members. This would help to quickly send and receive contacts and add them as friend.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. New Tax Brackets

For your tax fairness project, it would be nice if you could eliminate or add new brackets. For instance, my tax plan has seven brackets, but the prototype only allows six, so I should be able to add one. Or, if it had five, I could delete one. Otherwise than that, it's a pretty cool project.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! It definitely makes sense, but unfortunately the tax calculator has been abandoned for now – we built it as an experiment back in 2012, and haven’t updated it since then. We’re a pretty small team, and mostly focused on our core app Splitwise, so I think it’s unlikely to get an update in the near future. My apologies for the trouble!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base