Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. Make it straight channel to give feedback about deleting an account.

Make it straight channel to give feedback about deleting an account. I had an older account, which I noticed after signing in with a new email. So I deleted the new account in order to use the previous account with better email-address. The delete page asked to shortly tell the reason for deleting, but the link gave just the support page. So, I suggest you will make shorter route to tell, why deleting the account :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can definitely see how this would be useful. For now, we do have a basic “totals” feature that can show you spending for a specific month. In our mobile apps, you can find this by going to a group and looking under the “More” menu; on the web, you can find this by going to a group and clicking “Trends” at the top of the right sidebar.

3. look into the expenses summary

When checking out the (printable) expenses summary it shows the received payments as expenses. So at the bottom line when it tallies up everything the totale expenses per person are higher than the actual expenses. I believe it should deduct the received payments to get a correct overview.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I definitely understand your reasoning. Right now, the printable summary includes payments so that it can present an accurate total of how much your balance has changed during the month, taking into account both expenses and payments. In the future, hopefully we can separate out expense totals in a way that makes them clearer.

4. Allow subset of group members for Pay with Adjustment

The "Split Equally" functionality allows us to select only some people in a group, and most of the other options (Split Unequally, Pay by Share, etc.) also allow for an easy way to split when not everyone is involved. Pay by Adjustment, however, requires the entire group to be included - it would be great if we could check/uncheck some group members here as well.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. currency rate

Currently currency exchange rate is provided automatically and one cannot change it. Typically one cannot buy other currency at official rate as the agent selling the currency also have some margin so we never buy money with the rate splitwise suggests. My idea is to make possible to specify custom exchange rate

203 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for the clear suggestion. Makes sense to me, but also probably slow for large accounts.

Leaving open / under review to see how many other folks want to vote for it.

Best,
    Jon

7. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Separate section for involved and not involved expenses in groups

There should be a separate section for involved and not involved expenses in groups, with involved section coming first obviously.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. We don’t currently have a mobile version of “hide not involving me” so I will leave this open for further voting. I can understand why people would want to filter by this.

Best,
    Jon

9. Categorize "Hydro bill" as electricity.

Due to Canada's history of hydroelectric generation, almost everyone refers to their electricity bill as their "Hydro bill"

It would be great if when I enter "Hydro Bill June" is automagically categorizes as electricity.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Split Screen to iPad App

Would be great to have the ability to use your app in split screen mode, so I can have my expenses and split wise open!

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. 3D Touch / Force Touch frequent contacts

In iOS, it would be great to be able to set frequent contacts (and groups) so they appear in the 3D Touch / force touch menu on the app icon. This would speed up creating new bills for people or groups that you frequently interact with.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, that makes a lot of sense! I could also imagine the Splitwise app automatically showing your top friends when you use Force Touch, or maybe showing you the most recent person/group that you split an expense with. I’ll pass on your feedback and add it to our list of ideas for future updates :)

12. Option to export expenses to mail directly

It would be good if one can just open their mail and see details of expenses and debts rather than downloading spreadsheet n viewing it from there.
    So please consider adding this option.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Help Button or Link

You ought to have a "Help" or "Documentation" link somewhere in the UI.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! We currently have a “Feedback” link in the lower right of every page, which includes links to all our helpdesk articles. I’ll pass on your suggestion and see if it makes sense to add additional help links elsewhere on our website.

14. Provide a tutorial and "how to"

I love the concept and design of your website. But I can't find a place to learn how to use it, and how to share the "how to" part with others who are not yet on SplitWise.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We try to make Splitwise self-explanatory as much as possible, with small tutorials as you use the app, but I definitely see how a more complete “how to” guide would be useful. I’ll add that to our list of possible improvements for the future.

15. Add friends without email address or phone number

I know that it might be a user acquisition choice, but it is very annoying to not be able to add someone with just their name (i.e. with no email address or phone, so that they don't receive an invite).
    I find that the user experience is affected a lot by this and I am switch back to another app because of this despite how good splitwise is overall.

There are indeed several use cases where I would like to add people without contact details:
    - At a specific event, for example a party where I need to enter the…

625 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    105 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the detailed feedback – it’s always useful to hear, and I’ll pass it on :)

One small feature you may not be aware of: on our website, Splitwise does allow you to add group members without email addresses, which hopefully helps for the “large party” scenario. My apologies that the same feature isn’t available on our mobile apps!

16. Printable Summary for NonGroup Expenses

Like a printable summary for each separate group, is it possible to get a printable summary for non-group expenses

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll add this to our list of possible features for the future. For now, you could try exporting a spreadsheet from the friend screen – you can only do it for one friend at a time, but it’ll list all of your non-group expenses with that particular person.

17. give a prompt to automatically add people to "all purchases" if they enter after payments are entered

So what happened is we started compiling receipts and splitting payments across this group, and a couple guys joined later - thus, they were not a part of splitting some of the earlier payments (reasonably so). it would make sense to add a prompt when those people join, if they want to be part of "all". Perhaps this can be done by creating a group identity "all" instead of listing all N people in the group when split with all.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! This is something we’ve been thinking about, though we don’t have any plans for this at the moment. For now, you can edit existing expenses to add new members.

Marshall

18. Login with Google/Facebook even for the app

Have an option of logging in using Google/Facebook even for the mobile app

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there. We do support Google login on Android. We may bring other social login options to mobile some day but it’s not on the road map presently.

If you created a web account via Facebook / Google, you can still log into that account on mobile. Just visit ‘account settings’ in the web app and add a password to your account. Then you can log in on mobile using your Facebook / Google ID and the password you set.

19. Ability to change who you owe money to

When simplified debt is on, it'd be great to be able to change who you owe money to, ie select the person that you will settle up with. This will allow couples to settle up with each other first.
    Otherwise set preferences on who each person will settle with. Ie A always settles with C is C is owed money, balance to whoever else.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there Scott,

This is an interesting idea, and thanks for your feedback. It makes sense for cases where, for instance, one person lives in the same city as another, so it would be easier to manually assign the debts than to let Simplify Debts do its thing.

One work-around you can use it simply ignore the recommendations, and just pay who you want to settle up with; Splitwise will automatically re-adjust to accommodate your choices.

That said, I’ll leave this open for other people to upvote if they’d like it, but we’re not at all likely to do this because it would be a large change to the way we handle debt calculations.

Best,
    Jon

20. add an option to filter by non-group expenses only

in both the web app and the mobile apps.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

On the mobile apps, you can access all non group expenses by tapping the “Non group expenses” row on the Groups tab.

We don’t have a parallel for this on the web app. We might look into implementing this in the future.

1 2 9 11 13 37 38

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base