672 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Sambhav – sorry for the trouble! Our mobile apps for iOS and Android should already be able to pull contacts from your address book. Inviting contacts by email address is supported everywhere. Inviting contacts by phone number is only supported in the US, unfortunately, as we’ve had a very large number of issues supporting non-US phone numbers taken from contacts (which almost always lack area codes, country codes, etc). Our apologies for the inconvenience!

2. Superb app

Its a cool app, but it wood be more comfortable to use if it has a separate sections for trips with friends.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Redirect amount owed

Redirecting the amount owed to a different person to avoid multiple transactions to balance things.

E.g If person A owes person B $20, person B owes person C $ 30 and if person C owes person A $20. Instead of making three transactions to balance things out. There can be an option to consolidate transactions between the three and result in just one final transaction, B to C $10.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Dwarak – we’ve actually got a feature like this already! If you turn on the “simplify debts” setting in a group, that group will automatically get rid of unnecessary payments like the ones in your example. Hope that helps!

4. Have possibility to settle up anytime

Hi,

Consider such scenario - we agree with friends that we will order food, orderer will create bill in future, but I want to pay (settle up) in advance. Currently there are 2 ways of improvement which will allow me paying in advance:
    1. (very small fix) Remove notification which blocks settle up when you are already settled up with someone,
    2. (a little bigger) Allow to settle up in group and choose who pays whom.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: you can now enter a payment with anyone in a group by going to settle up and clicking on more options at the bottom. To add a payment with any friend, you will need to use the non-group expenses entry in the groups list and settle up from there.

Hey Piotr, thanks for the suggestion! That definitely makes sense, and I know we’ve wanted to add that feature for a while – you can already do it from our website, just not from our mobile apps. Hopefully we’ll have time to add the feature to our mobile apps soon. In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience!

5. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: the Android 4.0 update finally adds material design to our interface!

I’d definitely love to update the app to material design when we get a chance! We’re a very small team (only 2 engineers), so it might take us a while, but hopefully it’ll be worth the wait.

6. Allow debt simplification when invite is pending

When I've invited someone to be part of splitwise and he's not joined, I should still be able to simplify my debts with him. Splitwise can send him an email informing him of the debt simplification. That would be additional incentive for him to join splitwise.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sachin – we actually do allow debt simplification when invites are pending! If a simplification isn’t happening in the way you expect, it’s probably because our algorithm is following different priorities. (For example, a simplification may be more convenient for you but less convenient for someone else, and thus our algorithm may decide not to do it.)

There’s a bit more information about how our algorithm works at the top of the simplify debts page: https://secure.splitwise.com/users/simplify_debts. Apologies for the trouble!

7. Notifications

Notifications should be shown in website too. Some where in Dashboard or in the navbar.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  8. Set recurrent bill information

Should be an option to set and re-use recurrent bills without having to re-type every month (Rent, utilities, etc)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. attach actual bill

example: instead of just entering walmart expense as $20, it will be better to attach the actual bill if someone wants to refer to it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m not 100% clear: are you talking about attaching an image of the actual bill? If so, you should be able to do this already when adding a bill – just click on the button that says “Add image/notes”, and you can include an image with your bill. (The button should be clearly visible on the web and iPhone; on Android you might have to scroll down to see it.)

If I’ve misunderstood your request, let me know, but I hope that helps!

10. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

For US users, the mobile app imports phone numbers and allows you to invite friends with those phone numbers. Outside the US, we do not automatically import phone numbers, as we’ve found there’s a very high failure rate with sending international SMS messages (lots of people fail to include their country code in the number, or enter a phone number that cannot receive SMS messages).

11. Add an Expense Category: Utility

I love the way Splitwise automatically grabs Water, Electric, and Gas bills, but my Utilities company rolls all that in to one bill I call "Utilities." Is there anyway you could add a category for "Utility(-ies)?"

Love the app/site!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: the category detection should now correctly handle utility.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ben! I’ll see if we can add “Utilities” to our list of auto-categorization words – in the meantime, you should be able to assign your bill to the “Utilities: other” category by clicking or tapping on the category icon when adding an expense. Hope that helps!

12. Auto simplify

Add a possibility to auto simplify the debts after every transaction.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Loic,

You can do this for a group by setting the “Simplify Debts” toggle in your group settings to on. This will make it re-simplify after each transaction for expenses associated with that group. I hope this helps / is what you meant by the suggestion.

For non group transactions, Splitwise forces debt simplifications to be manual, and we plan to keep it that way. In a group everyone see exactly what is going on and why the balances are the way they are, which is why we can afford to make it automatic.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Jon

13. 227 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    54 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

A basic version of this feature (“View group totals”) is now on all platforms: iPhone, Android, and web! You can also analyze more details group totals by exporting your group expenses to a spreadsheet, which is also available on all platforms.

We hope to keep improving this feature over time, so feel free to make suggestions below. Thanks!

14. Allow a printable or exportable summary of Group Balances

I need to be able to export group balances to email directly to everyone via email since not everyone can pay via Paypal. I can do screen grabs, but it'd be easier to have a table to copy and paste or an easy export feature.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Greg, Have you tried clicking on “View printable summary” on our website? It will appear in the month header on every group. I don’t think we have this feature for mobile apps yet, but it does exist in some form. I hope this helps!

- Jon

15. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You should be abel to export a group or friendship to csv under the settings for that group or friendship on the website. We do not currently plan to bring this feature to mobile.

Marshall

16. Select the mobile number from phone book

Mobile number is not automatically taken from the phone book when I tried to add a friend using the mobile app after selecting the person's name.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. allow for repeating entries

my roommate and i split rent every month, but I always make the payments. I'd like to not have to enter it every month.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re on web or iPhone, you can make an expense recurring. When you’re adding the expense, click on the date. At the bottom of the date form, you can choose a time period to have the bill repeat.

Marshall

18. Whiteboard on Mobile App

I couldn't find Whiteboard option in Android App.
    It it is there, kindly guide me to it.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Whiteboard is now available in both our Android and iPhone apps!

Android: tap the menu icon in the top right corner of your group page.
    iPhone: tap ‘More’ in the header of your group page

19. (mobile) Option to hide friends which I am settled-up with

When looking at the current balance with my friends, it would be useful to hide the ones which I'm settled-up with. I should be able to see them all when adding a new expense.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: all our platforms will now automatically hide friends/groups that you have been settled up with for more than 40 days. We also have a filter on mobile at the top of the friends and groups list to show only people you owe or people who owe you.

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, we have a somewhat hidden way to do this already – from the home screen, just tap on the “Total balance” box at the top of the screen, and anyone who’s settled up should disappear. It’s only temporary, but it should help you see who you have balances with at a glance.

20. Different mobile notifications setting per device

I have 2 devices on Android (Tablet + phone), and i cannot disable notifications only for the tablet, since the notifications settings is set for all mobile devices, and not per device

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 33 34

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base