Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Show a specific expense for the last X months in Spending breakdown

For example, i would like to see how much we are spending on groceries for the last 6 months. Or how much i spent on gas for the past year.
    Some bills aren't monthly, and the current view (which adds a lot

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Jonathan,

If you upgrade to Splitwise Pro you can do this. If you’re interested head to your Account Settings page on the web. It’s pay-what-you-want.

Cheers, Zoe

2. create a separate version for divorcing parents

Hi. I just wanted to let you know that I really do like SplitWise. I know it's great for the target audience of folks like roomates and friends sharing expenses, but I have a suggestion for either an extension of it or a different version. I am unfortunately going through a divorce, and I've learned that expenses for children are split in a manner similar to what you already have. They're generally simpler - only 2 parties, and the percentage is usually set by the parenting agreement.

Anyway, I think there is a market that you could address with very…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thanks for your feedback and compliments! This is actually already a common use case. Is there something aside from more categories that you think would make it better? We submit category list updates every-so-often and can certainly consider adding some more child-rearing-related ones, but that feels almost like a cosmetic change. Would love to hear from you at support@splitwise.com

3. Owed money between someone without an account

Hi,

I think the app has some great features and could be useful; however it requires everyone involved in an expense to be a registered user. I should be able to use the application to split bills and keep track of money owed between myself and a friend who does not use the app.

If this feature is available and I did not understand how to use it please let me know. I would also like to know if you add the feature as I would register for another account.

Regards,
    Ryan Clare

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion. Your friends definitely don’t have to make accounts for you to continue to add bills with them.

If you add their email address on a bill, they’ll get an email notification that you did so but only once — we won’t spam them. Their email address will be available to you in the system to add more bills as you continue to use Splitwise yourself.

If you don’t want to provide their info at all, just create a group on the website and add members by name only. No contact info required.

Cheers, Zoe

4. I cant see notifications on my phone for longer time

It would be good if you keep notifications tab included in your application.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Add ability to pay someone else's debt.

Paying someone else's debt to some other person, so that they are settled up and the amount turns to be owed to you.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this currently.

Let’s say you’re Person A, and you have 2 friends: Person B owes Person C $20.

If you want to pay Person C for Person B, just do so (make the payment) and then have B ‘Settle Up’ with C, and then record a debt between themselves and you for $20.

So, Splitwise would say B paid C $20 (which would be technically incorrect but would reflect the change in balance that happened) and that B owes A (you) $20.

6. ADD a button/link to re-send invite

Say I have a group with some one else / some people in it. I have already sent an invite, and it shows as invite pending. Add the option to re-send the invite, in case the person deleted it by accident or just as a reminder to join splitwise again.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

Our solution to messaging is expense-based commenting:

As of December 2013, you can add comments to any expense from the web app. An email alert will be sent to everyone on that expense with the content of your comment.

8. splitwise for estates

My dad recently died and I am the executor of his estate. I came upon your furniture value calculator via a web search when I was working on his estate inventory. I am intrigued by your services. Just thought that I should suggest that in addition to a service for splitting costs among several parties, that you consider offering a system to help folks like myself to split the benefits (i.e. assist to split estates of deceased persons in a "wise" or fair way.) There are many folks - like myself - who feel the need to limit the expense…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. On the web you can view spending by category. Just go to ‘all expenses’ and then ‘trends’ (right hand side) and click ‘view full summary’.

Thanks and best!

10. Highlight settled up entries

Whenever someone settles up with another person, the entries whose total has been settled-up should be highlighted (or greyed out). Currently, when I check the entries with a particular person, I still see even the settled-up entries in a similar format as before settling and it gets confusing to identify whether a particular entry has been settled up or not.

Thanks and looking forward to implementation of this feature as I don't really think it is too complicated.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Currency - Chinese RMB (¥)

Please and thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Decimal point in amount entry

I'd probably be easier and less confusing if in the amount entry when adding a bill, the decimal keyboard (UIKeyboardTypeDecimalPad) where shown instead of only numbers.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: we’ve moved away from the ATM style input field.

I’ll pass on the suggestion! Right now our number input is designed to work more like ATMs and some other banking apps, where numbers fill in from the right as you type. Sorry for any confusion!

13. poking a person

idea is to add a feature..poke..which pokes a person by sending him an email, reminding about the money he owes...because generally people dont check their splitwise accounts regularly..

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can actually do this already! From our website: click a friend or group in the left column, then click the settings icon at the top of the right column and choose “Send a balance reminder”. From our mobile apps: tap on a friend, then tap the “Remind” button. Hope that helps!

14. Dashboard giving graph

Using ElasticSearch we can add real time management for a user.
    Suppose, some transactions happened for one week. But the person really doesn't cannot analyse for the previous week. <Make it as an add-on>

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now available on the web for Pro users under Charts in the account menu in the upper right corner.

We’ve actually been playing with a balance-over-time graph as a Pro feature – we agree that it’s a nice addition :) We hope to make that available soon!

15. CHANGE the COLOR

Hi... I use splitwise, and all my friends in Akron,OH do. But the color is not appealing to the eye. The whole CSS is really damn good with rich UI, but the COLOR & the FONT is not at all good. As Steve Jobs comments about WINDOWS OS "Those guys doesn't really have any taste". It makes me feel like that when looking at these colors.
    I'm making time to give this feedback because I care about "OUR" splitwise and all of us use it often and has become a part of our day to day life.

Regards,
    Laxy.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Notifications

Initially, the splitwise had a notification flag at the top center of the window and used to get highlighted with orange color when any of my friends added a bill. It was easier to find out who added which bill in which group. It would be great if I can get to see that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Samanth! We moved the notifications list to the dashboard – you can still view it at any time by clicking “Dashboard” in the left-hand column and then looking at the top of the right-hand column. Hope that helps!

17. to add feature to on behalf settle up

Would suggest to add support for below scenario -
    A need to pay $10 to X and $5 to Y
    Y need to Pay $10 to X

A did the payment of $15 to X and Y did teh payment of $5

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

This is what we call “Simplify Debts.”

If A, X, and Y are in a group:
    Turn on Simplify Debts in that group by going to the group settings (website: click on group, click on gear in upper right, click on “edit group settings”, advanced settings, toggle Simplify debts on).

If A, X, and Y are not in a group:
    You can access it on the website by clicking your name in the upper right, then “your account,” and then under advanced Features going to “Simplify Debts.” On the Simplify Debts page, check all parties you want to simplify between.

Cheers,
    Jon

18. Statistics

Hey guys,
    nice idea with this new year's statistics.
    Maybe it would be a good (and easy to implement) idea to make this statistics available all the year, with more details. E.g. I would be really interested in how much money I spend for groceries, transportation, holiday, and so on...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

On the website, you can go to a group or friendship and look for trend in the right hand sidebar. This will give you some basic stats for the month so far in the group. If you click view full trends, you can look at past months.

Marshall

19. Enter a bill as another group member

A a group member, when entering a bill, I want to select another group member who paid the bill.

Reasoning: she doesn't have access to their phone with them at the moment, so someone else can record the transaction.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Send Notification for any update

Hello,

Please add this functionality.

Thanks
    Suresh Bhandari